Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 29), Sept 28-Oct 2, 2012.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Where's the games on Monday/Tuesday coming from?

Dundalk 12/1 against Rovers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dfx- wrote: »
    Where's the games on Monday/Tuesday coming from?

Games that were originally scheduled for the w/e of the cup semis.

Need a win v Bray tomorrow night. Somehow we've beaten them twice in the league so far and knocked them out of the FAI Cup. :confused:

Can't see us having a strong side out in Drogheda for the midweek game with the cup semi on the horizon so three points here would keep us ticking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Need a win v Bray tomorrow night. Somehow we've beaten them twice in the league so far and knocked them out of the FAI Cup. :confused:

Can't see us having a strong side out in Drogheda for the midweek game with the cup semi on the horizon so three points here would keep us ticking over.

3 points tomorrow, rest players on Monday, maybe give the two Phillys a run out if they're not fit for tomorrow. 3 points is a must tomorrow imo, can't see us getting anything from Drogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Please Longford, pull it together, please! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I think the ship fully sailed into the sunset on automatic promotion last Friday.

I think the ship fully sailed into the sunset on automatic promotion last Friday.

I need second!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

I need second!
    we will try to help this weekend... unbeaten til the end of the season is the plan!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Most significant week of the season thus far. Going on form you would expect Sligo to get 3 points and Pats and Drogs 4 each.

However it could be 0 for Sligo and 6 for either Pats or Drogs. Sligo still have Pats and Drogs in the next couple of weeks as well.

I don't think Sligo will be caught but a loss or draw against Derry would really give them squeaky bums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

3 points tomorrow, rest players on Monday, maybe give the two Phillys a run out if they're not fit for tomorrow. 3 points is a must tomorrow imo, can't see us getting anything from Drogs.

3 points really isn't a must. All that is a must is we are ready for the Cup Semi. That's our season in one game. Hopefully he plays the exact formation he wants to against Derry tonight, who cares if we lose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't think I'll be making it out to UCD tonight, win would be nice to avoid dropping places.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

SantryRed wrote: »
    3 points really isn't a must. All that is a must is we are ready for the Cup Semi. That's our season in one game. Hopefully he plays the exact formation he wants to against Derry tonight, who cares if we lose.

It's not a must, be it'd be a nice boost. If we play tonight the way he wants us to play v Derry and we lose, it's not really a positive.

Win tonight hopefully, and stuff Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dundalk were 12-1 to win tonight, think they 11-1 now.

They're 14.5 to win on Betfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I would appreciate a decent win for Shels, otherwise it looks like, I'm only coming to Tolka to sit in the Bar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Looking forward to the Drogheda vs Pats match.

3 Brennan Bros. playing.

John Russell missing for Pats.

Pats looking good here.

"He done enough to put him off"

Shudders

Feely off for Bohs and UCD score from the free kick.

eh, **** :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm gonna be bricking it this last half hour. Nothing but a win will suffice for Pat's. COME ON SAINTS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

The Drogs v Pats match is of a very low standard. Really really poor. The referee likes blowing his whistle as well.

Bad advert for the league.

Danye wrote: »
    The Drogs v Pats match is of a very low standard. Really really poor. The referee likes blowing his whistle as well.

Bad advert for the league.

Drogheda dragging Pats to their level.

For sure.

Whatever about Drogheda.

It may be effective but it certainly ain't pretty.

Drogheda dragging Pats to their level.

For sure.

Good teams shouldn't allow themselves be dragged down. In anyway tonight, there both as bad as each other. 10 minutes left plus stoppage, see how many times the ball goes out of play, or how many miss placed passes there are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ya Poor game aright.

I blame RTE

I blame RTE

I blame John Delaney!

Bollix Bollix Bollix! Draw a fair result. Pat's by far the better team, but didn't do enough up front to win it. Drogheda defended well! Sligo the winners!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

10 man bohs score twice in 90th min to level v UCD.

• Advertisement

10 man bohs score twice in 90th min to level v UCD.

David Scully of all people!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Oh Dave, you big lug... I never really wanted you booted out of the club that time...

Fuck off Athlone.

7-0. Hancock was shocking in a harmless game.

Interesting selection by Laws. Brennan on the left, Finn back in the middle, Gannon at right back. Some balance. I know Dundalk are looking at the playoff, but they did beat that Bohs team and only just lost to Shels.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Interesting selection by Laws. Brennan on the left, Finn back in the middle, Gannon at right back. Some balance. I know Dundalk are looking at the playoff, but they did beat that Bohs team and only just lost to Shels.

It was nice to see Gannon in the team. Hancock certainly didn't have the best of games. Dundalk weren't pushing forward at all bar the last few minutes, you're not gonna score goals with eleven players behind the ball.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

He was fussing over two yards on the halfway line for a throw, standing over frees delaying the game, lecturing players over innocuous fouls and getting in the way of the game.

If Laws had stuck with Finn on the right like in the League Cup final and stuck with Gilbert or picked Sullivan ahead of Gannon, put Brennan on the right or kept him in the middle, you'd be worried if he kept the job. Good to see.

I wonder how far the ball Twigg kicked after the sixth goal went.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Heading into injury time, I was seriously looking at possibly snatching fifth place. We would have been only 3 points behind Cork had we held on this evening. Defending set pieces is still a massive problem for us though and cost us the win (as well as countless more points throughout the season).

He was fussing over two yards on the halfway line for a throw, standing over frees delaying the game, lecturing players over innocuous fouls and getting in the way of the game.

Gotta admire those posts after a 7:0 win. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Surprised no-one has put this here yet:

Just saw that Sligo and Derry is live on Setanta tonight.

The Showgrounds really is turning into a fantastic stadium!

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Gotta admire those posts after a 7:0 win. :D

Even better news...I was told today it might have been his last game in Tallaght. But I heard that last season, so who knows..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Oh dear. Longford 1-2 SD Galway.:(

A useless pack of fuckers. Waterford up.

How have Longford done against Waterford this season...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

How have Longford done against Waterford this season...

won 2,lost 2...won at home then in the rsc,then were bet at home and in the rsc...we have scored7 against them and conceded 7...so its basically up in the air but our form the last 2 months has been absolutely terrible,few big injuries and it has cost us big big time!its like cousins wanted to see if we could play a different way and we have been ****e since,not doing what we were when we were flying,but his hand was forced in this regard with the injuries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Apparently Sligo came out to the Barca theme last night. That's pretty embarrassing for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

If Laws had stuck with Finn on the right like in the League Cup final and stuck with Gilbert or picked Sullivan ahead of Gannon, put Brennan on the right or kept him in the middle, you'd be worried if he kept the job. Good to see.

I wonder how far the ball Twigg kicked after the sixth goal went.. :pac:

It went into the car park anyway - think he was surprised at that! Nice to see he still gives a damn.

I know it seems like a bit much to give out about after a 7-0, but you had to see Hancock to believe him. Never seen anyone get so prissy about the spot of the ball in nothing areas, and he continued the fine Irish league ref tradition of making things up as he went along. Don't think we played any injury time, did we?

Much improved set-up, and showed our creative players can perform if the team is organised, but it would be hard not to look like world-beaters against Dundalk on Friday. Sad to say, they were the worst professional football team I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gimmick wrote: »
    Apparently Sligo came out to the Barca theme last night. That's pretty embarrassing for all involved.

They're League champions to be. They can do what they want. Nothing but respect for Sligo Rovers. I applaud them for all their achievements in the past few seasons, especially to Mr Barraclough. Great to see a strong provincial side going well in my opinion.

That's pretty awesome for all involved.

From a Bohs fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ian's winning matches
    Ian's winning games
    Ian's bringing the cup back to Sligo Town again

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

irish-stew wrote: »
    Ian's winning matches
    Ian's winning games
    Ian's bringing the cup back to Sligo Town again

:D
    You might want to change the word "cup" to "league" in the last line. Sounds a lot better :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement