Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

heres a novel idea to get some money in

• 26-09-2012 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I think that Ireland should become a united state of america !! think about it , geographically its perfect , the yanks could get a base in europe and we could get all thos american companies to provide us with much needed jobs !!Im gonna lobby my local T.D , mite as well the countrys fooked .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think that Ireland should become a united state of america !! .

But theres already a United States Of America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

How about no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

People fought and died for this country (**** as it is at the moment) and here u are givin it away to the yanks
    You'd wanna be ashamed
    Here's a thing for ya
    You don't like it then p1ss off to the states

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

But theres already a United States Of America.
    yeah , we can join up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

People fought and died for this country (**** as it is at the moment) and here u are givin it away to the yanks
    You'd wanna be ashamed
    Here's a thing for ya

People fought and died for a lot of things. Time moves on. It's a lump of land some people planted a flag on.

• Advertisement

You'd wanna be ashamed
    Here's a thing for ya

any chance ya could sort me out a visa bud ? im barred from every county outside dublin , the wives dont like me ya see .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

So it's join the Brits or join the Yanks. Where do people come up with this shït, seriously. Me/We/You are Irish it mightn't be much but it's all we have so get used to it.

So they have a base in Ireland? They already use Shannon enough. I've lived in other countries that have American camps and 90% of the local population can't stand them. Nothing but a pain in the ring.

errr.... never said i was oirish

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah and samuel l jackson can come here and play golf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Thinly veiled anti Republic of Ireland thread.

errr.... never said i was oirish

So you're not Irish but yet you want the Irish people to join another state? Are you Obama in disguise trying to tap into your roots so you'll get a few extra votes?

Billy mitchell are you psychic? thats absafookinglootley spot on old chap !

Billy mitchell are you psychic? thats absafookinglootley spot on old chap !

Just a small bit, no mystic meg or anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I think that Ireland should become a united state of america !! think about it , geographically its perfect , the yanks could get a base in europe and we could get all thos american companies to provide us with much needed jobs !!Im gonna lobby my local T.D , mite as well the countrys fooked .
    Ever wonder why the American multinationals come here in the first place? It not being in the US is much if the attractiveness...

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

So it's join the Brits or join the Yanks. Where do people come up with this shït, seriously. Me/We/You are Irish it mightn't be much but it's all we have so get used to it.

So they have a base in Ireland? They already use Shannon enough. I've lived in other countries that have American camps and 90% of the local population can't stand them. Nothing but a pain in the ring.

So you noticed a pattern.. well I'm throwing my lot in with the Red White n Blue of France then if just to remind the kids, surely, tbh that there's a higher aspiration in terms of the military success they do crave after 10yr of being propaganda monkeys but alas no real media inundation from that country hence almost forgetting it's existance.

Besides the French put manners on the English and words in their language before they even attempted put manners on us and the US so people need get some real aspirations, that's all.. cos it's like one big constant stream if lemmings over the cliff edge, tbh and I'm gutted. I love this country, and want it to act like the republic t claims to be but the people are becoming a kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

If the idea is to "get some money in " becoming the 51st state is not a very bright idea. One reason among hundreds is that the spending cuts imposed would put the current ones in the ha'penny place. This is a country after all that only pays 40% of it's unemployed ANYTHING and where TWO MILLION experience homelessness in a given year. Now go to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Canada is closer, has no poor people, and has better singers.

Not forgetting Bryan Adams, Celine Dion and Justin Bieber.

It also has loads of French people but hey, nowhere is perfect.

that you Dad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Where To wrote: »
    Canada is closer, has no poor people, and has better singers.

Not forgetting Bryan Adams, Celine Dion and Justin Bieber.

You forgot Hannah Georgas and the fab CBC Radio 3 ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

we could just rejoin the Uk, you know, it being closer and all...

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Where To wrote: »

french canada sees Rush, even and raises you

.. they'll get their independence don't you worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kissthesky

twould be great if we could tow the country to another part of the world when the goin gets rough or too cold. Have a landbridge off the coast of Galway that could be extended to wherever we are at the moment. Say to the missus, do ya fancy a spin in the car over to Rio for the shopping today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

imagine how quick ireland would be destroyed when america go to war

Advertisement