Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator abusing powers?

• 26-09-2012 3:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭

A thread i started around 2 weeks ago was closed by a mod, 2hrs later another mod reopens it, post what he thinks is funny (probably just to have the last laugh), then closes it again. It is then re-opened by the original mod who closed it, just to say who was banned, and immediately closed.

Surely when a thread is closed it's closed for a reason and it's just plain abuse of mod powers to re-open it just to post something they think funny.

I have reported the posts and also sent a PM to the Mod who originally closed the thread, but no surprise i have not had a response :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thread in question

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80675910

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

For what it's worth, Mods and Admins can post in closed threads without re-opening them.

Danny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just to note, KeithM89 has since left the site and is no longer a mod, and Micky Dolenz, the mod in question, didn't realise that the thread had been locked (as evidenced in the AH Mods forum discussion of the thread). So it's really a storm in a teacup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

humanji wrote: »
    Just to note, KeithM89 has since left the site and is no longer a mod, and Micky Dolenz, the mod in question, didn't realise that the thread had been locked (as evidenced in the AH Mods forum discussion of the thread). So it's really a storm in a teacup.

So I guess he missed the THREAD CLOSED post the one before he posted then, and I don't have the luxury of viewing the AH mods thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, he did. It happens all the time. And I mentioned the AH Mods forum for the benefit of Danny, so he can check that that's what really happened. My posts here are pre-moderated and have to get approval before they're shown, so my above post was actually a note to Danny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

scudzilla wrote: »
    A thread i started around 2 weeks ago was closed by a mod, 2hrs later another mod reopens it, post what he thinks is funny (probably just to have the last laugh), then closes it again. It is then re-opened by the original mod who closed it, just to say who was banned, and immediately closed.
    As Danny stated, there is no "reopening and closing" for mods (or Cmods or admins or boards staff), vBulletin allows posting in a closed thread.
    Surely when a thread is closed it's closed for a reason and it's just plain abuse of mod powers to re-open it just to post something they think funny.

To call it "abuse of mod powers" is to abuse the word "abuse".
    So I guess he missed the THREAD CLOSED post the one before he posted then

Well, I don't agree with you that missing:
    Closed for review, and to stop the dozens of reported posts

is equivalent to missing:
    wrote:
    THREAD CLOSED

It probably was a genuine mistake to miss that post, and if there is anecdotal evidence in the AH mods forum, great. I haven't looked because there are more important issues to deal with on the site :)

I shall now abuse my admin powers by closing this thread as Resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement