Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building my first PC

Options
  • 26-09-2012 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys, I'm new around here, I signed up hoping that I'd be able to get some help with building a gaming PC. For years I've been playing on consoles and have always wanted to get into PC gaming and now I finally have time to do it. I looked at a few posts already and saw a layout of questions people answered, so I guess I'll follow that. Thanks for any help!

1. What is your budget?
    My budged would be around €650-€750

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    Gaming mostly. I'd like to be able to run games like Minecraft, Battlefield, Borderlands, Skyrim, Call of Duty etc. (Not looking to run them at best settings, but if it's possible it'd be nice)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    I don't think I should. I have a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) that I bought a while back.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    No unfortunately, I've only been using laptops for the last few years so unless anything from that could be used then no lol.

5. Do you need a monitor?
    No. I'll be using a 19" HDTV that I own. I'm not sure what resolution I can expect from it though. I'd like the PC to have an HDMI port.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    All I really need is a keyboard, but I have an old one I could use. Not looking for anything fancy. (yet anyway)

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    Not currently lol. I wouldn't like to risk breaking something until I know exactly what I'm doing.

8. How can you pay?
    Any method of payment is fine.

9. When are you purchasing?
    I don't have a date I need the PC by, but I'd like to have it in the next month or two.

Thanks again for any help. I realize that this is not going to be an expensive build, but I hope I can put together a decent machine for my price :)

Comments

Advertisement