Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd (Away)

Options
  • 26-09-2012 7:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

This could be the big test for AVB and his tactics. Utd have a defenders crisis with Vidic now out for 8 weeks. Supposedly they're resting Ferdinand and Johnny Evans in the League cup tonight in preparation of the game against us. Rooney will be back though. I feel we're stronger than them in the middle and if we perform on the day we might just nick a point. We really need Ade back to offer support to Defoe up front, even if its only for the last 30 mins

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

4-1 to united i reckon.

van persie will have an easy time against gallas and rooney will do well against us as always.

I hope im wrong but cant see us getting anything

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

mickman wrote: »
    4-1 to united i reckon.

van persie will have an easy time against gallas and rooney will do well against us as always.

I hope im wrong but cant see us getting anything

United always seem to get a result against spurs.

Also there is always a bit of controversy

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

United always seem to get a result against spurs.

Also there is always a bit of controversy

Jan 2005....Pedro Mendes.....Roy Carroll.....Marc Clattenburg (hated him ever since!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't see us getting anything out of this tbh. I'd love to be proven wrong, but it always just goes against us. Then again it is Utd in Old Trafford. 90% (made up stat) of teams don't get anything there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

United often have an early-season slip-up at home. This will be it. We have the pace to trouble them on the break, and Sandro and Dembele will have the legs on whoever they put in midfield. If we go there with the right attitude instead of expecting the worst then we can get something from this game. I think we'll win and this will be the game that AVB shows his credentials.

Then again I'm always ridiculously confident when we play them.. and I'm seldom proved right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

I think we will get something outta this game and we may even beat them. Dembele destroyed Utds midfield not too long ago because they could not cope with his physicality and i think our pace on the wings will cause them trouble, Vertonghen looked very comfortable against Utd when he played for Ajax and he is starting to look the real deal, add into that Defoes form and im optimistic enough despite the results over the past decade. The only real worry i have is Gallas, Van twinkletoes might be too much for him to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I think we've all learnt to have no expectations going to Old Trafford. I'll be buzzing on match day full of 'what ifs' and then something horrible will happen to ruin the day. Expect little and hope to be surprised...
    15726_o.gif
    Hopefully in a good way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

marty2002 wrote: »
    I think we will get something outta this game and we may even beat them. Dembele destroyed Utds midfield not too long ago because they could not cope with his physicality and i think our pace on the wings will cause them trouble, Vertonghen looked very comfortable against Utd when he played for Ajax and he is starting to look the real deal, add into that Defoes form and im optimistic enough despite the results over the past decade. The only real worry i have is Gallas, Van twinkletoes might be too much for him to handle.

Yeah hopefully Dembele can do a number on them again. Vertonghen is getting better and better, looks at natural in the centre and at full back, great going forward.

Gallas has trained against RvP enough to maybe know a way to stop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I wouldnt be getting carried away with the idea of Dembele doing the damage. If anything they will be more prepared for him this time around. In any case, despite running their MF ragged last time out Fulham still lost 3-2.

It'll be a case of another moral victory I'd say. We'll probably play well for 60-70 minutes then concede a soft goal/peno/OG and crumble in the last 10 minutes to finish 2 or 3-nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I wouldnt be getting carried away with the idea of Dembele doing the damage. If anything they will be more prepared for him this time around. In any case, despite running their MF ragged last time out Fulham still lost 3-2.

It'll be a case of another moral victory I'd say. We'll probably play well for 60-70 minutes then concede a soft goal/peno/OG and crumble in the last 10 minutes to finish 2 or 3-nil.

Not gonna get carried away at all, but he is playing well and enjoyed himself against them last time and if they wanna make special preparation for him this time round, that could free up some more space for our other attackers.

We are a much better team than Fulham. We even have their 2 best players.

Of course United are likely to win. They win most of their games at Old Trafford. We have a chance though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

How are we likely to line up for this game?

When can we expect to see Adebayor getting some game time, is it still some weeks away, in big games like this he would be invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bold statement from AVB encouraging his team to attack Utd. I hope this happens from the first whistle to the last.

I'd sooner see us go down in flames, than a toothless performance. Bring it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Bold statement from AVB encouraging his team to attack Utd. I hope this happens from the first whistle to the last.

That's the spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sugarlumps wrote: »

True,all or nothing man.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Lads I think we are going to win this one! Bench the sig from the start this time maybe have him come on.In dyer need of ade for this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I cant believe all the optimism surrounding this game

I for one, will be ecstatic if we get a draw! not to mind a win but i just cant see it happening.

caulker is going to play unless naughton is available and caulker is a bit nieve to be honest, he WILL be a good player but at old trafford he could get burned

I think we are all just used to getting hammered in this fixure. We will most likely play well till 70th min, give away a peno or scrappy goal and then lose 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

It’s the first time I can recall where a manager has stated that he’d like his team to attack. Utd haven’t really got going, there strong in attack but weak in midfield and defence. Plus neither goal keeper knows who’s starting?

We’ve fock all to lose, it’s been a home banker for Utd throughout the years. Any team that has come away with a win or a draw hasn’t been afraid to play. If we sit back and let them get into their stride, then they’ll murder us.

We finally rid ourselves of the Chelsea hoodoo, don't see why this outfit are any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

December 1989... That's the last time Spurs beat Manchester United at Old Trafford. We've been the visitors 26 times since and lost 22 times - including the last nine in a row. Spurs have achieved just three wins in 40 meetings since the top division was revamped in 1992-93. Chuck in eight draws and Spurs have won just 17 points from United, while United have won 95 points or 2.38 points per game against us. United have won 84.8 per cent of the points of all those split between the pair. It is the 14th most uneven contest in the Premier League.

Read more: http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7513553#ixzz27lClSiy5

Tomorrow I will share my low expectations with hapless optimism.... We are never beaten until we are beaten and as someone already said, "we have nothing to lose". I hope Naughton is fit and we setup like we did v Lazio..

COYS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

mickman wrote: »

caulker is going to play unless naughton is available and caulker is a bit nieve to be honest, he WILL be a good player but at old trafford he could get burned

He is hardly that nieve its his second season playing in the premier league.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll say what I say twice every year, we'll win this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Spurs team v Man Utd: Friedel, Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele, Dempsey, Lennon, Bale, Defoe.

Worried about Gallas, Dawson on bench, what's the chances of him being brought on if Gallas gets a roasting by Van Persie?. Other than that it's a strong team with Siggy, Townsend and Mason on bench, all did well mid week. What's the story with Ade?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

any streams ? my usual aint got it yet..

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/143865/1/watch-manchester-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.html

I have a glimmer of hope that if we go at manure all guns blazing we could cause an upset:D

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

At last - Dempsey in behind Defoe.
    Look like AVB is sticking true to his word and going to attack them..

any stream links

At last - Dempsey in behind Defoe.
    Look like AVB is sticking true to his word and going to attack them..

any stream links

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/143865/2/watch-manchester-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.html

that stream perfect & fox sports..
    attack attack attack:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Vertongen! 1:30 in!!

Go on!

Yes, yes, yes. Good man vert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

You beauty

coys jan the man

• Advertisement