Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man Utd (Away)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yeah I agree. Hats off to AVB, under any other manager we would hsve lost by 2-3 goals.

Lady luck has certainly played her part in our last couple of games.

What else are suppose to say about the 2nd half. Are we suppose to praise it?

Lets pretend it didnt happen shall we. From now on we only discuss the parts of games we played well in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Cloud 9! Watched in my friends house, me and 4 united fans, was a tough 45 minutes but we did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Yeah I agree. Hats off to AVB, under any other manager we would hsve lost by 2-3 goals.

Lady look has certainly played her part in our last couple of games.

Lady luck?
    What about the Mendes goal, Carricks dive, Nanis dodgy goal last year. We never ever get a bit of luck v Utd, until now. Absolutely delighted with the win. Anyone who complains about the second half just remind them how good we were in the first.
    Over the moon.
    COYS!!!!!!

Lady luck?
    What about the Mendes goal, Carricks dive, Nanis dodgy goal last year. We never ever get a bit of luck v Utd, until now. Absolutely delighted with the win. Anyone who complains about the second half just remind them how good we were in the first.
    Over the moon.
    COYS!!!!!!

I meant the fact that United hit the crossbar/post a few times and had a few decent shouts for peno's. I'm not trying to take from the fact that we scored 3 great goals and overall we were good value for the win. (*and we got lucky with the O.G. last week to get us back in the game).

• Advertisement

LMAO @ the 'Fergie out' comments on FB/twitter etc.

.. and I thought I was fickle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

chrisbevan_bbc
    Sir Alex Ferguson after United's 3-2 defeat by Spurs: "Four minutes of added time is an insult to the game. It's a disgrace." #bbcfootball @chrisbevan_bbc 29 minutes ago

makes it all the sweeter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

2nd Row Donkey, I know what you're saying about the second half performance -it wasn't ideal. Though it's impossible to play at the tempo we played at in the first half for ninety minutes. Also, at the end of the day, United are a top class team with great quality the players they have are winners, so they were bound to pick it up and put pressure on in the second half. Finally, they were playing at home in front of a very vocal 75,000 strong crowd who got behind the team. Against all those odds we stood strong and prevailed. For too many year we have succumbed to the pressure and quality.... But not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Brilliant, just brilliant, COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Told you AVB had something up his sleeve.

• Advertisement

2nd Row Donkey, I know what you're saying about the second half performance -it wasn't ideal. Though it's impossible to play at the tempo we played at in the first half for ninety minutes. Also, at the end of the day, United are a top class team with great quality the players they have are winners, so they were bound to pick it up and put pressure on in the second half. Finally, they were playing at home in front of a very vocal 75,000 strong crowd who got behind the team. Against all those odds we stood strong and prevailed. For too many year we have succumbed to the pressure and quality.... But not today.

I agree, its a feat in itself that we endured that 2nd half and came away with something. No question we would have been beaten under previous management and the OT crowd were unusually good this evening.

I disagree on the comments on the UTD team thou. I thinks its a poorest utd team ive ever seen been carried by Rooney, rvp and vidic maybe.

I agree, its a feat in itself that we endured that 2nd half and came away with something. No question we would have been beaten under previous management and the OT crowd were unusually good this evening.

I disagree on the comments on the UTD team thou. I thinks its a poorest utd team ive ever seen been carried by Rooney, rvp and vidic maybe.

It's the same team that had won the title after 90mins last may

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Brilliant!

I'm glad for AVB. The balls to play with no striker for the last couple of minutes.... That's what we call tactics Harry. Win at all costs.

The lads attacked and put everything in in the first half. Absolutely flat out in the second half... Leaving the likes of Scholes, Carrick, RVP and Rooney with space.... But then again that's why they are title challengers, they can call on that kind of talent.

One negative, Defoe showing that he's an idiot - TWICE! Kind wait for Adebayor to come back so as to hold the ball up front.
    Some lads on here criticised us last week for playing the ball into the corner flag in the last few mins of the QPR game,Defoe should have done the same thing today instead of shooting,he could have cost us the game and nearly gave me a heart attack.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

THFC wrote: »
    What a fcuking result, a perfect example of something Harry would never have been able to achieve even with that squad we had last year (referring more to the game at WHL).

Just to bring ye back down to earth a bit Kyle Walker was fcuking brutal today, a shambles. I haven't watched many Spurs games this season so I don't know if he's been playing like this consistently but by God, the lads pulled out the win despite him. He was at fault for both goals and on a number of occasions throughout the second half you could see a free red shirt sneaking in behind him, all it took was a simple pass which fortunately didn't come. Of course he wasn't helped it the slightest with Lennon in front of him. I was actually screaming at the telly for 2 things to happen, 1. Bale to swap with Lennon and help Walker out and 2. someone to mark Scholes. Scholes was as good as I've ever seen him in the second half, bossed the game, but he faded out (as expected really considering his age) quite badly towards the end.

Anyway, can't wait for MOTD tonight :D:D:D:D:D:D

Also, Gaillimh Abú
    It was easy for Scholes to boss things in the 2nd half as we just conceded midfield to them.

ps.hon Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

There are times (many times in fact) that I hate being s spurs fan. CL final crushed me last year but I have been waiting to do them at old trafford since I started supporting spurs.

As much as I loved hammering Liverpool last year this means eternally more.

COYS....... that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

tippspur wrote: »
    Some lads on here criticised us last week for playing the ball into the corner flag in the last few mins of the QPR game,Defoe should have done the same thing today instead of shooting,he could have cost us the game and nearly gave me a heart attack.:o
    I was one of those for not going to the corner flag,great great win today,we couldnt get over the half way line for 2nd half after the scores were 3-2 never mind the corner flag.We defended as a team in 2nd half,we were never going to win an end to end game at OT ,well AVB and players,hope ye have the legs for villa next sunday
    daughter got picked to wave one of the flags before the game,cant wait,WHL will be rocking..........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Avb is in the spurs history books now anyway, let's hope he adds to a legacy! Coys!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

have been robbed so many times at OT ,we were well overdue a bit of luck.I believe we have a better squad,once Ade ,Parker etc fit ,it will be hard to pick a team which is exactlythe way you want it,no one guaranteed their places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

In fairness I think United will finish in the top two this season. Scholes, Kagawa and Valencia have all been playing really well for them, on top of the players you've mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭djh2009

In fairness I think United will finish in the top two this season. Scholes, Kagawa and Valencia have all been playing really well for them, on top of the players you've mentioned.

I think United are in big , big trouble if they have to depend on players like Rio Ferdinand (who has no pace, and was skinned many times today by Bale & co) and Evans who is just a p**s-poor player. A shocking centre half combination for a team hoping to win the league.Bring on the Villains next Sunday.Another 3 points hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Caulker looks the real deal him and Verts is going to be a tasty partnership :D

Caulker looks the real deal him and Verts is going to be a tasty partnership :D

spot on, and kaboul in the mix too..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    spot on, and kaboul in the mix too..
    I'm worried about Kaboul picked up a couple injuries on the same knee:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'm worried about Kaboul picked up a couple injuries on the same knee:(
    Our new King :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Here Precious

In AVB we trust.

Was hoping to see 'arry on Match of the Day and Hansen telling him 'thats how you win a game tactically 'arry':D

Get the fcuk in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

We won. We were awful in the second half, against old midfielders and clapped out centre halves.

But by phuc, that first half showing was as good as I've seen since mr Gary scored in 89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

There is no way that you can go to old trafford and boss the game for 90 mins - it just doesnt happen.

The only way you can win is to do what we did yesterday , score a few in the first half and shut up shop in the second half and you also need some luck.

yesterday the men stood up to be counted - friedal / gallas / bale / sandro

I think in a few months time we will be talking about dembele in the same league as luca - the one thing at the moment is that he gets caught on the ball from time to time (very little ) but luca never ever got caught out in posession. This will improve as time goes on though.

Massive massive result and i really didnt see it coming, even when we went 2-0 up i still thought they would beat us.

Ade would have been much better in yesterdays kind of game but i dont see parker getting back in the line up

Onwards and upwards now with andre villas boas - fully behind him now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

What a result, first Sunday in a long time I'm actually looking forward to going into the office on Monday morning!

Only negatives are Walker's poor performance and how deep we dropped in the second half.. Dembele mentioned it was too risky to press Scholes who played some sensational passes in the 2nd.. We finished with 4 centre halves on the pitch and no strikers!:D

Delighted for AVB, embarrassed for Ferguson with his 'insulted we only got four minutes of injury time'

That should shut the boo boys up for a while!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

t6Gmi.gif

Advertisement