Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell?

Options
  • 26-09-2012 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but I didnt know where to put it!

I was in the supermarket yesterday at lunchtime and there were a group of kids from the local school there. There were 3 boys in particular loitering around the far doorway (5th or 6th years) - there are no shops down there apart from the post office which was closed.

Now, they had a joint in their hands and were looking for somewhere to smoke it - I overheard them. They were going to use the toilet and then decided to move outside and down the road towards the church.

My question is do I ring the school and tell them? I can't identify them so thats not the issue but these kids were going back to school after lunch having smoked this thing and sitting in a classroom with some teacher trying to do their job. Would the school be able to do anything or even want to?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Jesus, leave them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Dovies wrote: »
    My question is do I ring the school and tell them?
    Would the school be able to do anything or even want to?

I guess no harm would come from you contacting the school & telling them.
    I'd imagine it would depend on their policies as to how/whether they'd do anything.

I know that if it was one of my children,I'd rather know what they were up to, & deal with it-than face the possibility that this behaviour if ignored,would continue & lead to worse.

But that's just me-chances are I'm one of a few parents here who sends my children to school to be educated through discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Ring the school and report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

You say you dont know who they are? Then just leave well enough alone. Unless you can identify them nothing is going to be acheived and the prinicpal is likely to come down heavy on all of the 5/6th years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sorry - this is a forum for parenting of teens not for overheard-in-dublin type of situations.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement