Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hubble's deepest view

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

wow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

High Res images here.

Webinar tomorrow evening, Thursday 27th @6pm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Incredible.

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away......

There lived an Irish man....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

No matter how deep you look into a black empty space, you see it isn't actually a black empty space. I don't think that the universe is as small as it looks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Rubecula wrote: »
    No matter how deep you look into a black empty space, you see it isn't actually a black empty space. I don't think that the universe is as small as it looks.

The current size of the observable universe is incomprehensible in scale to even those that professionally chart it, but its common knowledge now that yes the universe is in fact larger than what it appears to be as we use the term observable in its description.

And naturally on the other end, the smallest perceived indivisible property of this universe is also just as incomprehensible in scale. The very reality of the universe turns out to be much stranger than it looks and rightly so as our only real perception (our senses) of it is at the macroscopic scale

We dont even have a measure yet for how small the smallest function of it may be. The plank length is currently the proverbial yardstick for the smallest in any physical sense. but physical seems to be an illusion

I was just going to say the same....!! :)

Advertisement