Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI App not working last 3 days

Options
  • 26-09-2012 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone else have same problem on their iPhone app?

I can login (although each time I'm entering same 3 digits of pin which is strange) and I get following message: We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Mines not working since I updated to iOS6. I was getting the same message as you. I deleted and reinstalled the app and now I can log in but the balances it is displaying are not up to date. If I transfer from current->savings account and log back in the balances aren't updating. The banking 365 website is displaying the correct balance however.

I tweeted BOI about this and they said the app works with ios6. Clearly it doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi pprendeville and L5,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are now aware of an issue where customers who have downloaded iOS 6.0 are unable to log in using the app. This issue is currently being investigated and we will post here as soon as we receive an update.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Ah yes I just updated to iOS as well. Will do a reinstall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi pprendeville,

We're currently still investigating this. If you've done a reinstall already, please let us know if it resolved the issue.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Not working for me either (Android)... getting this message "error we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi enviro,

There doesn't seem to be any issues with Android at the moment.
    Please call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will look into this for you.

Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

Thanks for posting

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Hi pprendeville and L5,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are now aware of an issue where customers who have downloaded iOS 6.0 are unable to log in using the app. This issue is currently being investigated and we will post here as soon as we receive an update.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,
    Tara

I can log in after deleting and reinstalling app. But balances and transactions don't update at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi L5,

Thanks for letting us know. We'll forward this information on to our Mobile Banking Team.

Thanks again,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Same here, I can login but it's not up to date.

iPhone4, iOS6

Will I get a gratuity for this (I'll take a yacht off the coast of Monaco thank you very much)? Reinstalled on iPhone 4 iOS 6 and it works no problems now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Yea you're right, uninstalling and reinstalling from the app store gets it working again.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Hi enviro,

There doesn't seem to be any issues with Android at the moment.
    Please call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will look into this for you.

Representative assisted hours are 8am - 12midnight Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

Thanks for posting

Billy

Just tried again and working fine now... thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

This stopped working for me too, same as others have reported, I could login but the balances were not up to date. I deleted and re-installed the app and that seems to have fixed it.

this app isn't functioning well so i just deleted it. figures showing up on the app don't reflect figures i'm getting on a laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi guys,

We are aware of this issue and a full investigation is being conducted.

Thank you for your comments and bringing this issue to our attention.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭paddins

Also a problem with balances for me. Not up to date and unable to transfer funds.

iOS 6 also installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Should BOI still be advertising the mobile apps on the likes of RTE's site, while the app is still not fixed? For several days now Apple have been automatically prompting iPhone users to upgrade to iOS6. It will not be long untill the majority of iPhone users are on iOS 6

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi everyone,

This is a temporary problem which should be resolved asap. Unfortunately we do not have a timeframe but will let customers know when the issue is resolved.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi all,

For anyone who has been experiencing issues using the Mobile Banking App, we now have a full fix in place. Customers who have experienced difficulties will have to uninstall the App & reinstall now that the fix has been successfully applied.

Please note: Customers who have already deleted the App & reinstalled it will have to do this again in order to pick up the fix or they could potentially encounter further difficulties.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭energy69

For the second time in 2012, my BOI iPhone App has left me in a rather embarrassing situation. Over the Xmas period on the 27th of December I checked my balance at 11pm at night to find a balance of €150. I withdrew cash from the ATM. I didn't use my card the next day at all. A direct debit for €157 was withdrawn on the 28th. On the morning of the 29th, I checked my balance online to find it was -€250. I do not have an overdraft facility and wonder how BOI can make a mistake like this. It appears Debit Card transactions made on the 24th were not cleared or showing on the account until the 28th.

Something very similar of this nature happened to me in August while on holidays in Italy. The app showing a positive balance and only to find out that there was a negative balanced when going to make a payment.

Please explain how you can offer online banking services that do not show an accurate and up to date balance. What is the point offering Debit Cards when you allow your user to withdraw on a negative balance?

Sam

• Advertisement

Hi Sam,

Thanks for posting.

There have been no reported issues with the iPhone app or updating of balances.

Some retailers will process a debit card transaction before others and this determines when the transaction will appear on your account.

Unfortunately this is something we have no control over.

When you were in Italy in August, a transaction may well have been going through your account as you were making your payment.

We would always advise taking note of when direct debits are scheduled to leave an account.
    A direct debit is a three day process and if funds were in an account on day one of the cycle, the debit may be honoured, even if the funds are not in the account on day two or three. If a direct debit was unpaid, there is an unpaid fee of €12.70. So, in this instance, you would not be charged the fee although there may be interest charged on going overdrawn.

I would advise calling Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 / 00 353 1 4044000 and a representative can discuss this is more detail.

Thanks

Billy

Hi Billy, Thanks for your response.

I did contact Banking 365 and spoke to Marie. She told me that it was my duty to keep a written account of my transactions. That BOI had no control over when retailers submitted their transactions and therefore balances were not up to date. What I am confused by is what is the purpose of a telephone/online check when I make purchases with my card, although then the transaction is not cleared immediately. Marie mentioned that this check guarantees the retailer that they will be paid although it doesn't guarantee the consumer that their is sufficient funds in their account. This leaves the customer with the potential risk of over spending on money that isn't theirs. Hence my concern and issue with the services you provide. This in turn leads to Unpaid Fees as has happened to me in the last week.

I also found that Marie was not very helpful with my concern and tried to pass me over to Technical Support until I refused to allow her to do this. She then asked might I like to speak to her supervisor. I agreed and was then told 5 mins later that the supervisor was too busy and was not able to take my call. Although Marie was to pass along from her supervisor, that transactions made over the Christmas period may not be cleared due to them not being working bank days. This absolutely baffles me even further that Banking 365 doesn't apparently live up to its name. Why not call it Banking 252? This seems like false advertising to me. Marie did agree and sympathise with my grievances and said that she can understand how annoying this might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

I'd the same scenario last Christmas which left me overdrawn on my current account, which nobody really needs to be facing in January.

Same thing this year, balances taking days to be updated so due to the predicament I was left in last year I actually sat down with a pen and paper which is ridic to be honest, and tried to keep track of it that way, hoping I hadn't left anything out.

This is just one of a few reasons I think it's time to move on after 20 years. Not open to persuasion at this stage.

This is just one of a few reasons I think it's time to move on after 20 years. Not open to persuasion at this stage.

I agree whole heartedly Dubliner Chick. I think my 20 years also is a good time to end this unjust relationship. Action speaks louder than words.

Hi Sam,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I just wanted to double check that there were no issues with balance updates.

I can understand where you’re coming from – when you log on to 365 Online or the mobile app, you simply want to see your up to date balance and this is obviously not too much to expect from a banking website. As I mentioned earlier, when a transaction is processed by a retailer is something we have no control over. Also, the Bank Holidays over the Christmas would not have helped with balance/transaction updates.

Apologies that you didn’t find the Banking 365 representative to be helpful.
    I will make sure your comments are passed on to the relevant department.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement