Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lokomotiv Plovdiv players forced to take Lie detector tests

• 26-09-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭

Lokomotiv Plovdiv Suffer Shock Defeat To Bottom Side, Owner Forces Players To Take Lie Detector Tests
    The entire playing and coaching staff at Bulgarian first division side Lokomotiv Plovdiv have all been ordered by the the club’s (slightly paranoid) new owner to undergo lie detector tests after they suffered a shock 1-0 defeat by bottom club Botev Vratsa.
    The result was Lokomotiv Plovdiv’s first defeat of the league season, but the manner in which it came about – Botev Vratsa had lost their five previous game – had owner Veselin Mareshki pondering the possibility of match-fixing within his camp and he’s after a little peace of mind:
    “Nobody is insured against defeats but this loss was very strange. The fair-play principle is the most important thing for me and all players and coaches will take lie detector tests.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/25/lokomotiv-plovdiv-lie-detector-test?newsfeed=true

Bring it on I say. Every time my team suffers a defeat I want to know why! Managers, Players, Refs and mascots. No one will be spared. We have ways of making you talk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Lokomotiv Plovdiv Suffer Shock Defeat To Bottom Side, Owner Forces Players To Take Lie Detector Tests
    The entire playing and coaching staff at Bulgarian first division side Lokomotiv Plovdiv have all been ordered by the the club’s (slightly paranoid) new owner to undergo lie detector tests after they suffered a shock 1-0 defeat by bottom club Botev Vratsa.
    The result was Lokomotiv Plovdiv’s first defeat of the league season, but the manner in which it came about – Botev Vratsa had lost their five previous game – had owner Veselin Mareshki pondering the possibility of match-fixing within his camp and he’s after a little peace of mind:
    “Nobody is insured against defeats but this loss was very strange. The fair-play principle is the most important thing for me and all players and coaches will take lie detector tests.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/25/lokomotiv-plovdiv-lie-detector-test?newsfeed=true

Bring it on I say. Every time my team suffers a defeat I want to know why! Managers, Players, Refs and mascots. No one will be spared. We have ways of making you talk.
    They should probably employ this in Serie A too!

*why the Burnley link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

"Slightly paranoid" club owner :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

grenache wrote: »

They'd be burning out lie detectors faster than they could be made. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

In before a Suarez diving/racist lie detector post!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Despite the best efforts of Jeremy Kyle lie detector test are not very reliable. Practitioners claim they are 95%+ accurate but others say that they are little better than 50:50 (ie a coin toss)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Get that cop from LA Noire, he was good at picking out a lie!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

grenache wrote: »

*why the Burnley link?

They'd just buy off the lie detector people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Get that cop from LA Noire, he was good at picking out a lie!

Not while I was controlling him he wasn't ;-)

Advertisement