Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad2/Apple TV/BBC+Itv players + SKY Go

• 26-09-2012 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

I am trying to get my Ipad2 ios6 and new latest generation Apple TV to run BBC and ITV Players and if possible Sky Go. I have a UK VPN from BestUKVPN.com set up and iTwister for flash conversion.

I can get it all to run from my Samsung laptop but need to use a VGA cable for the picture and separate PC speakers for the sound. Sadly, the laptop has no HDMI port.

The Apple TV setup is very neat and tidy, if a pain in the ass/laborious to get set up initially. Took me ages to find out how to switch on mirorring, it is not detailed in the instructions.

Please offer any advice in baby steps as I am an older fogie, but willing to learn!

Cheers

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Hi Peter,

I managed exactly what you are trying to achieve but using a different proxy client: http://unblock-us.com/

They have a guide to setting up the Apple TV that worked perfectly for me.
    http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291549

Different client but the steps might still work. Otherwise you could try unblockus instead of yours - it's been working perfectly for me for months now.

edit: I also have it set up on my iPad and iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

It seems this is a USA VPN which wont work for the UK, methinks.??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

It works fine for BBC player for me.

You could give the trial a go to see if it works. That's what I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Sorry folks, but I have to close this thread as it's a breach of charter.
    Discussion of proxies and VPNs are allowed, but forbidden when discussed in the context of bypassing regional copyright/licensing restrictions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement