Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC secureware questions

Options
  • 26-09-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a HKC secureware alarm and have a couple of questions:

1) When doing a part-arm it gives the 30 second warning and at the end of that 30 seconds the alarm sometimes beeps to indicate it is armed. But it doesnt always beep. Even when it doesnt the alarm seems armed.

Why does it not beep consistently at the end of the 30 seconds?

2) When the alarm is part-armed the red light beside the "alarm" text on the keypad flashes all the time. Is this normal?

3) Will the alarm tell you when the batteries need to be changed in the wireless sensors?

4) Is it easy to adjust the sensitivity of the sensors on the windows?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'll answer a few of these
    2) Strictly speaking if it's installed to EN50131 then there shouldn't be any indication that the alarm is set or unset
    3) Yes
    4) If you have the eng code then yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

The red light flashing lets you know the alarm is on so you won't forget to disarm in the morn or before you open the door :-)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The red light flashing lets you know the alarm is on so you won't forget to disarm in the morn or before you open the door :-)

That is a breach of EN50131 AFAIK.:eek:

Really ? I've seen this done on many systems while on wrk exp .... Along with untampered bell boxes .. ( different kettle of fish )
    I've mine set up this way . I don't see what the problem is with it .( saves fiddling with the keypad to see if its armed or not in the mornings )

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tleech32

KoolKid wrote: »

That is a breach of EN50131

Only time I've have had the rkp beep after arming is when I've had an expander powered from a psu and the negative not tied down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 tleech32

Really ? I've seen this done on many systems while on wrk exp .... Along with untampered bell boxes .. ( different kettle of fish )
    I've mine set up this way . I don't see what the problem is with it .( saves fiddling with the keypad to see if its armed or not in the mornings )

Kk is right def breach of EN

tleech32 wrote: »

Kk is right def breach of EN

Phonewatch systems display if the system is armed or not ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

This was changed a couple of months ago. The control panel is allowed to give an indication of the alarm being set. It is to cut down on people activating there own alarm when set.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any link to info on that Altor?

Hi,

I have a HKC secureware alarm and have a couple of questions:

1) When doing a part-arm it gives the 30 second warning and at the end of that 30 seconds the alarm sometimes beeps to indicate it is armed. But it doesnt always beep. Even when it doesnt the alarm seems armed.

Why does it not beep consistently at the end of the 30 seconds?

If the arm squawk is set up the alarm bell will sound to indicate the alarm being set when using the keyfob. It wont for part set.
    I am not sure if there is a setting to make it do the same from the keypad.

• Advertisement

Squawk & strope flash on armed is fine its only a few second indication. I got the impression TB2 was talking about the permanent flashing LED to indicate part set.:confused:

I am .....

I think altor was answering the ops question in the last comment

So a brief confirmation is fine but not a constant indication of set.

So a brief confirmation is fine but not a constant indication of set.

But the systems phone watch install constantly indicate set or unset

As I said in my first post it's not installed to en50131 if there is any led, light or text on the keypad showing the system status.

So can PW make there own standards ??

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Inspectors are increasingly turning a blind eye to this as it can cause a lot of confusion especially with elderly people not knowing if the alarm is on or off.

Inspectors are increasingly turning a blind eye to this as it can cause a lot of confusion especially with elderly people not knowing if the alarm is on or off.
    You might say "turn a blind eye", I would say most dont know know about it.
    The quality of inspectors is poor imo

• Advertisement

Any link to info on that Altor?

222278.PNG

Am I reading that wrong or is it saying it can indicate set status on for a limited time & not continuously?

It says grades 1 & 2 are permitted to have permanent display of status

Grade 1-2 are optional.
    Grade 3-4 are mandatory.

I think time limited refers to the entry exit delay

Thanks correct TB2

Sorry , missread.
    Thats for the clarification and source.

Advertisement