Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to get eMobile phone unlocked

Options
  • 26-09-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

I am coming here after over a month of frustration on emobile's forum where I have been fobbed off for too long.

I simply want a phone unlocked where the term of the contract has expired. Here is the history of my request....

On 22-08-2012 emobile said....
    I have sent off a request for the unlocking code for the phone. This can take up to 10 days to receive.
    On 06-09-2012 emobile said....
    I will chase it up for you and see if the code is available as of yet.
    On 10-09-2012 emobile said....
    I have not received any confirmation on this as of yet and I am currently chasing it up for you.
    On 18-09-2012 emobile said....
    I understand that there is a delay and I have passed your details on to my manager who is following this up.

Can any emobile representative here on boards get this done for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JaTochNietDan

If it's an Android phone you could root it and unlock it fairly easily yourself.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

I am coming here after over a month of frustration on emobile's forum where I have been fobbed off for too long.

I simply want a phone unlocked where the term of the contract has expired. Here is the history of my request....

On 22-08-2012 emobile said....
    I have sent off a request for the unlocking code for the phone. This can take up to 10 days to receive.
    On 06-09-2012 emobile said....
    I will chase it up for you and see if the code is available as of yet.
    On 10-09-2012 emobile said....
    I have not received any confirmation on this as of yet and I am currently chasing it up for you.
    On 18-09-2012 emobile said....
    I understand that there is a delay and I have passed your details on to my manager who is following this up.

Can any emobile representative here on boards get this done for me?

Hi WestWicklow1,

Sorry to hear you are having issues getting your phone unlocked.

Could you PM your mobile number pin imei and make and model of your phone and I will check this out for you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

PM sent.

Tony, do you have any word on this?

Tony, an answer to my last question would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Can any eircom rep answer this please?

@Linda, you're active right now. Can you answer it please?

Can any eircom rep answer this please?

@Linda, you're active right now. Can you answer it please?

Hi WestWicklow1,

Apologies for the delay.

I have responded to your PM. Could you advise. Once I receive this information I will process your request.

Tony

PM sent.

Tony, what is happening with this please?

Tony, what is happening with this please?

Hi WestWicklow1,

I am getting this investigated at the moment. As I advised in the OM I am waiting on an update from Samsung in regard to obtaining the network unlocking code. Once I get an update I will advise.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Could I get a similar issue investigated please?

Have a Sony Xperia Arc S.

Have called Emobile support at least three times over the last few months.

Every time I'm told the same thing after I give the details, IMEI etc. wait ten days and it shall come through.

Nothing.

Last time (approximately two weeks ago) I was told that because nothing was coming up in their system, the handset itself must have been unlocked.

It's not - I just tested an O2 and a Vodafone sim and I got the 'Sim Network Unlock Pin' error message.

Can someone help me here?

Tony,

Has Samsung replied to you at any time?
    Are they ignoring you?

@quad_red - If you ever get your phone unlocked by eMobile will you let me know please? Likewise I will keep this thread updated on the lack of progress.

I have to say - emobile are a bunch of clowns thus far.

I talked to them today. And, ONCE AGAIN, they have no record of me having requested any bloody unlocking code from them.

The guy I spoke to said I needed to register the phone on my account on the meteor website. I said I was an emobile customer. Then he got confused, put me on hold and came back and said I should 'definitely try the emobile website'.

Now, to emphasize, I called emobile customer care.

So I tried to log into the emobile website and it's down.

I'm also having problems with dropped calls and data access (on my iphone).

My bill is up next month and they can go to hell if they think I'm signing a new contract with service like this.

quad_red wrote: »
    Could I get a similar issue investigated please?

Have a Sony Xperia Arc S.

Have called Emobile support at least three times over the last few months.

Every time I'm told the same thing after I give the details, IMEI etc. wait ten days and it shall come through.

Nothing.

Last time (approximately two weeks ago) I was told that because nothing was coming up in their system, the handset itself must have been unlocked.

It's not - I just tested an O2 and a Vodafone sim and I got the 'Sim Network Unlock Pin' error message.

Can someone help me here?

Hi quad_red
    There is obviously some confusiopn there. I have seen where unlocking code has been issued but customer unable to unlock. If you PM me your tel and imei number I can at least add clarity here and should be able to resolve issue.
    Tony

Tony,

Are they ignoring you?

Hi WestWicklow

Apologies for delay and I will certainly post any update from them here as soon as I receive it.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

PM sent.

One thing - I can't access my account on the emobile website today. Is it down?

Cheers,
    Quad

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at myaccount.emobile.ie Port 80

Tony,

You are avoiding these two questions. Let me ask again....

Are they ignoring you?

Hi Tony,

PM sent.

One thing - I can't access my account on the emobile website today. Is it down?

Cheers,
    Quad

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at myaccount.emobile.ie Port 80

Hi quad_red
    have your PM thanks.
    Yes there was an issue earlier and had been advised that it woud be resolved this afternoon. Apologies for the inconvenience, thi sshould be back soon.
    Tony

Tony,

Are they ignoring you?

• Advertisement

Tony,

Are they ignoring you?

Hi WestWicklow
    apologies if you got the impression that I was avoiding your question. I had replied that I would post as soon as I got any update from Samsung. To this time I have had no reply, however I cannot comment on whether they are ignoring me... I hope that is not the case obviously. I have chased this again and will get back to you.
    Tony

Ok, so do you expect a reply? Will this thread go on and on and on as it is or will you after some period of time give up asking Samsung.

Tony, it is ludicrous that you have to ask and ask and ask without any response at all.

I'm going to their website to see if I can get a response from them. Can you give me the email address of the person/dept you are trying to get a response from please?

Tony,

Have you not been online today?

If you have been, why did you not answer my questions above?

Ok, so do you expect a reply? Will this thread go on and on and on as it is or will you after some period of time give up asking Samsung.

Tony, it is ludicrous that you have to ask and ask and ask without any response at all.

I'm going to their website to see if I can get a response from them. Can you give me the email address of the person/dept you are trying to get a response from please?
    Tony,

Have you not been online today?

If you have been, why did you not answer my questions above?

Hi WestWicklow1,

I understand your frustration in regard to obtaining the unlocking code for your phone. As advised above I have escalated this onto both Samsung and our unlocking code department to provide the unlocking code. As soon as the code is available your son will receive a text message advising that the code has been returned.

Once I get any update I will be in contact with you.

Tony

I have to say - emobile are a bunch of clowns thus far.

I talked to them today. And, ONCE AGAIN, they have no record of me having requested any bloody unlocking code from them.

The guy I spoke to said I needed to register the phone on my account on the meteor website. I said I was an emobile customer. Then he got confused, put me on hold and came back and said I should 'definitely try the emobile website'.

Now, to emphasize, I called emobile customer care.

So I tried to log into the emobile website and it's down.

I'm also having problems with dropped calls and data access (on my iphone).

My bill is up next month and they can go to hell if they think I'm signing a new contract with service like this.

Hi quad_red,

Apologies for the delay in getting the unlocking code for your phone. I will get this chased up for you and will advise.

Tony

Hi quad_red,

Apologies for the delay in getting the unlocking code for your phone. I will get this chased up for you and will advise.

Tony

Thanks Tony.

(and sorry about the clowns comment :o )

Interesting thread here....

http://letstalk.emobile.ie/t5/Apple/IPHONE-4S-UNLOCK-EMOBILE-LIES/td-p/5891

Unfortunately it ended without any apparent resolution.

Yesterday, I sent an email to Samsung asking why this situation is allowed to happen. It'll be interesting to see if I get any response.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

WestWicklow1 - Complain to Comreg and link to this thread in your complaint.

• Advertisement

Yesterday, I sent an email to Samsung asking why this situation is allowed to happen. It'll be interesting to see if I get any response.

Hi WestWicklow1,

I have sent for an update in regard to your request and I have requested for information as to the delay in processing your request. Once I get an update in regard to this I will advise.

Tony

Advertisement