Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door and frame installation costs

Options
  • 26-09-2012 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

How many doors and frames should I expect a carpenter to install in a day? I've not priced yet but most lads want a day rate and see how it goes. This is a new extension where I want 6 doors and frames putting up. I will supply all materials. I won't be buying kits neither.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Do not pay a day rate, ask for a price simple as, if not move on.

Its very basic work that any carpenter should be able to do to a high standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

Thanks John_Cappa. Any idea much should I expect to pay for 6 standard interior doors and frames its a new extension so nothing tricky. With handles/locks fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ballykev

6 doors and frames and locks

so frames fitted, doors hung and locked 420 all in just labour you would buy the materials PM if you want more details

Advertisement