Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Tenant Disaster

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If its resourced anything like as badly as the PRTB it will equally pointless for a LL.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

BostonB wrote: »
    If its resourced anything like as badly as the PRTB it will equally pointless for a LL.

Or a tenant :(

Lets hope. Knowing our luck the PRTB could well end up with it as one of their functions........:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭20/20

Carriexx how did you get on with the BAD tennant?? after reading seven pages of good and bad advice iam now dying to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

riclad wrote: »
    IF a landlord takes a ra tenant on, he should expect there maybe a delay in getting the first payment especially a single mother.
    maybe call her once or twice a week.The welfare officer only deals with rent enquirys maybe 3 days a week ,depending on the area you live in.
    ONCE the first cheque arrives , ie the ra claim is approved,it should arrive promptly thereafter
    unless theres a glitch in the banking computer system, ie sometimes cheques may arrive 1 week late.
    i know landlord s in certain areas , there main clients are ra tenants,
    you can ask her get a note from welfare officer, stating the payment is being processed ,this ra claim has been accepted for client x at adress x.

Go easy - causing alarm when chasing payment is a criminal offence. I realise that's not what you're suggesting but just in case people take it too far. Once a week would be plenty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭20/20

Carriexx are you going to let us know what happened in the end?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Carriexx

Hi, sorry for delay. Story is pretty long so will try to condense.
    Last Fri week, she never turned up to meeting so hot really mad and gave ultimatum. On Monday she said she had new rent pack from social welfare and most of deposit.

She never met me on Tuesday, Wed, Thursday, loads of excuses.and stood up someone I arranged to meet her on Friday. So told her to get out over weekend, and that I was going to guards. She tried to meet me then with deposit and forms, I refused. She said she would be out by sun but wanted her half deposit back or else. So I went to guards, and he was gonna call to her Sunday. I was meeting her Sunday evening to get keys back, but she left before I got their and left keys behind.

Electricity had been turned off on Fri/sat I think as she had never put bill in her name. So that's gonna cost nearly €300 to sort. But I'm relieved its over, she had no intention of paying or staying..

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Thank your lucky stars she actually left and didn't destroy the place. Hopefully it's a lesson learned about never trusting a tenant and only ever hand keys & sign lease on a full deposit and months rent in advance. Surprised the guard even helped as far as he did because it's a civil matter and one they usually will not get involved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

E300 to get her out? Could've been a lot worse. You had a lucky escape, I think!! Thank God she's gone...

Now get those locks changed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

E300 to get her out? Could've been a lot worse. You had a lucky escape, I think!! Thank God she's gone...

Now get those locks changed!!
    ONLY €300? You, sir, got off lightly! Take all the bills out of her deposit, keep the receipts, and change those locks so she doesn't move back in for the fun of it.

Next time, full deposit & first months rent before they get the keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

300? your Xmas has come early. Last time a firend of mind has a tenant like that it cost about 4K to get rid of them in lost rent and repairs and extra cleaning. They even took all the light bulbs and all the handles off all doors, drawers, and kitchen units. Another one rewired parts of the house which needed to be fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Got away very lightly OP and you will have learned a ton from the experience.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Carriexx wrote: »
    Last Fri week, she never turned up to meeting so hot really mad and gave ultimatum. On Monday she said she had new rent pack from social welfare and most of deposit.

She never met me on Tuesday, Wed, Thursday, loads of excuses.and stood up someone I arranged to meet her on Friday. So told her to get out over weekend, and that I was going to guards. She tried to meet me then with deposit and forms, I refused. She said she would be out by sun but wanted her half deposit back or else. So I went to guards, and he was gonna call to her Sunday. I was meeting her Sunday evening to get keys back, but she left before I got their and left keys behind.

Electricity had been turned off on Fri/sat I think as she had never put bill in her name. So that's gonna cost nearly €300 to sort. But I'm relieved its over, she had no intention of paying or staying..

Thanks

I know nothing about these things but could you recoup any of that 300 from the RA people, given that she completely screwed you over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Thanks
    And now she goes and does the same thing to some other landlord.

Why is there no register of these tenants??

Defo lesson learned - a lesson I wil never forget!! Put ad back up and had someone abusing me for not accepting rent allowance!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I know nothing about these things but could you recoup any of that 300 from the RA people, given that she completely screwed you over?

Not a thing. She wasn't getting paid by the social anyway if the OP didn't fill any forms in. Even if she was getting paid, any damage done or anything at all is nothing to do with them. The contract is with tenant and the landlord.

Yawns wrote: »
    Not a thing. She wasn't getting paid by the social anyway if the OP didn't fill any forms in. Even if she was getting paid, any damage done or anything at all is nothing to do with them. The contract is with tenant and the landlord.

I did fill forms in - the day she moved in. But she never handed them in as she was getting rent allowance for another apartment in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I did fill forms in - the day she moved in. But she never handed them in as she was getting rent allowance for another apartment in Dublin.

If you still have the forms, then I wouldn't hesitate in grassing her up to Welfare.:mad: People like this chancer give the rest of us RA tenants who DO play by the rules a bad name and make it TWICE as difficult to find a landlord willing to take it.

Cheeky ******* biatch!

Advertisement