Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DD & On Line Billing Credit - Stopped

Options
  • 26-09-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I noticed that the credit for paying by direct debit and using on line billing was not applied to my last bill.

I can not understand this as I continue to pay by DD and use paperless billing, should I not continue to be rewarded for this as long as I remain a customer.

C.S. say my reward price plans expired on the 7th June but what has that got to do with the above.

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi danjo-xx,

The discounts for direct debit and online billing is essentially what the priceplan in question is comprised of, so when the priceplan expires the associated discounts do too.

You can still avail of these discounts (4% for direct debit and 2% for online billing), but it would involve agreeing to a new priceplan and a different set of terms and conditions (I can send you these Ts&Cs by PM if you like).

Let me know if this is what you would like to do.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi David and thanks for your quick reply,

Could you forward me the new t&c's please, and if you could summarise what the main
    disadvantages are that would be great.

I'm guessing it would tie me into a year or two's contract and a penalty
    if I exited early or something like that.

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

You're welcome danjo-xx,

I've just forwarded you the full terms and conditions.
    danjo-xx wrote:
    I'm guessing it would tie me into a year or two's contract and a penalty
    if I exited early or something like that.

Yes you're right, they are the main conditions to bear in mind. Specifically, that it is contract-based (until September 30th 2013 in this case) and there is an exit fee of €50 should you cease to take electricity from Electric Ireland before that date.

If you need any further assistance I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement