Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 week old not gaining much weight help!

Options
  • 26-09-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all, my baby is nearly 7 weeks old and has been diagnosed with reflux. She is on ranitidine 3 times a day for it. She was a great feeder up until 2 weeks and then it all changed. She was admitted to hospital to monitor her but she seems a really happy alert baby.
    I recently changed her to aptamil comfort as she was showing signs of colic also. She seems to like the milk but is feeding less and less at each feed. I'm going it of my mind with worry t this stage....

Has anyone any experience of this? What worked for you?

She has only put on a pound and a half since birth....

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Please get in contact with your PHN she will do weekly weigh ins and advise you if the child is under weight or not.
    It is not usually the birth weight that matters as that weight drops in the 1st few days but their weight after it drops.

I am closing this thread as it is medical advice and it could be dangerous for such a young baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement