Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who was the Taoiseach texting while meeting the Pope?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As I said in journal.ie, he was checking to see if his contribution to the "Support Gay Marriage Fund" was accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Biggins wrote: »
    As I said in journal.ie, he was checking to see if his contribution to the "Support Gay Marriage Fund" was accepted?

Probably just playing Snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Checking his boards messages..what else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"playing Nintendo"? christ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Playing Nintendo?

The fùck does that mean, he was leading the company on and then tricked them?

I was watching Father Ted on Dell yesterday afternoon. :pac:

• Advertisement

He was replying to the text he got from Mary "Lou Lou" McDonald which said "Go on you wanker"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

probably buying a new dress online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

What was really disrecpectful was that he went to meet that f*cker at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Getting a few quick posts in the Household Charge thread using m.boards.ie, saying what a wonderful life we'll have once we're all happily paying the govt every year for our own houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Disrespectful? To a guy who turned a blind eye to certain occurrances during his time as cardinal? To my mind you can't be disrespectful enough to a man like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He was reading The God Delusion on eBooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Confab wrote: »
    Disrespectful? To a guy who turned a blind eye to certain occurrances during his time as cardinal? To my mind you can't be disrespectful enough to a man like that.

you could say the same about warlords like george bush :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

davet82 wrote: »

...Who don't deserve respect either in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Using his phone during a conference is disrespectful? Nonsense. People do it all the time. If it was a one-to-one I'd agree, but a room full of people were being addressed, so I see no problem with the Taoiseach discreetly using phone during it.

True, but why respect the pope? Fair enough if you're religious, but I'm not and he didn't do too many religious things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Must be a pretty slow news day over at the independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

True, but why respect the pope? Fair enough if you're religious, but I'm not and he didn't do too many religious things.

despite that fact that you and I would agree on our opinion of the pope, the fact is enda is representing a large number of people who are religious on this island

despite that fact that you and I would agree on our opinion of the pope, the fact is enda is representing a large number of people who are religious on this island

Meh, it's only the pope. What's he going to do, declare war on heretics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

He was texting god . Just checking if that was the real pope . He was worried he might be on a hidden camera show. Cowen is always trying to get him the hoor.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Using his phone during a conference is disrespectful? Nonsense. People do it all the time. If it was a one-to-one I'd agree, but a room full of people were being addressed, so I see no problem with the Taoiseach discreetly using phone during it.

i reckon you wouldnt have any other heads of state even carrying a phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He was asking one of his €150000 advisers if it's true that bears sh1t in the woods, so that he could have his second most important question answered.

Meh, it's only the pope. What's he going to do, declare war on heretics?

thats it! you're excommunicated! :rolleyes:

Wow, I never knew that GB oversaw a cover up of child sexual abuse, particularly on this Island.
    you live , you learn.

Slurryface wrote: »
    Wow, I never knew that GB oversaw a cover up of child sexual abuse, particularly on this Island.
    you live , you learn.

you find out something new everyday

i reckon you wouldnt have any other heads of state even carrying a phone
    I reckon none of them were even paying attention, it's all about putting in an appearance.

Glad to see Inda making efficient use of his time rather than sitting there and snoozing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Enda Kenny has checked in at Castel Gandolfo -- with The Pope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

He's a political leader, on his phone, in the front row at an audience with the Pope. Disrespectful IMO. I'm sure whatever it was could have waited.

Stephen P wrote: »
    He's a political leader, on his phone, in the front row at an audience with the Pope. Disrespectful IMO. I'm sure whatever it was could have waited.
    He's the leader of a country. I'm pretty sure whatever it was is more important than the feelings of a bigoted paedophile apologist.

• Advertisement

Stephen P wrote: »

the pope is just an old man in a dress, could have been political business or an important email that needed to be read.

seamus wrote: »
    I reckon none of them were even paying attention, it's all about putting in an appearance.

Glad to see Inda making efficient use of his time rather than sitting there and snoozing.

Appearances are important though...

If Enda was making a speech and the pope was on his phone dossin', you'd think it'd be a bit disrespectful, not just to the speaker but the issue/topic and the people he represents, no?

its not that big of a deal just thought 'time and a place'

Appearances are important though...

If Enda was making a speech and the pope was on his phone dossin', you'd think it'd be a bit disrespectful, not just to the speaker but the issue/topic and the people he represents, no?

its not that big of a deal just thought 'time and a place'
    No more disrespectful than ignoring requests for information from a judical inquirey into child abuse.
    Scuzz like Ratty dont deserve respect, nor does that which he represents.

No more disrespectful than ignoring requests for information from a judical inquirey into child abuse.
    Scuzz like Ratty dont deserve respect, nor does that which he represents.

Thats life. You have to deal with people you dislike particularly when they have so much influence over people so maybe you can influence them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Leave off him, Mayo just lost the All Ireland, that would have me dazed and confused for a few days too

Thats life. You have to deal with people you dislike particularly when they have so much influence over people so maybe you can influence them.
    Link to evidence that this paedophile ring actually has influence over Irish Society?

• Advertisement

Link to evidence that this paedophile ring actually has influence over Irish Society?

Go to any church on a Sunday.

last census results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

iDave wrote: »
    Leave off him, Mayo just lost the All Ireland, that would have me dazed and confused for a few days too

That's no excuse - Mayo people are well used to losing All Ireland finals.

krudler wrote: »
    last census results.
    Dont mesh with actual actions of a nation who in the last twenty years have voted in favour of divorce, rejected a constitutional ban on abortion, decriminalized homosexuality, andintroduced same sex civil partnership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

He was on Blendr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

The texts were something like this

The Dark Lord "If you had any bottle you'd shove that phone up his arse"
    Inda "Ah now, sure jaysus what if the IMF see it?"
    The Dark Lord "Let me worry about those pussies"
    Inda "Is there an allowance for lost phones?"
    The Dark Lord
    "Just fuckin do it!"
    Inda "But Merkel is here"
    The Dark Lord "Take your gombeen eyes off my woman, potatoe-face"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Indeed he is. An entire countries worth of people and a complex social, economical and political climate that he is pretty much in charge of. The wheels of which don't just stop turning because he is at a conference.

I reckon there is a minor possibility of something occurring at any given moment that needs his attention or input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Harvesting his crops on farmville? Checking his fantasy football lineup?

Indeed he is. An entire countries worth of people and a complex social, economical and political climate that he is pretty much in charge of. The wheels of which don't just stop turning because he is at a conference.

I reckon there is a minor possibility of something occurring at any given moment that needs his attention or input.

very true but you'll find aides usually screen stuff on phones for their heads of state, i reckon it was his personel mobile and he was playing snake II :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

He was trying to find the translator app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Buck Fizz

Eamon Gilmore sent him this link, so no wonder he was gawking at the dam thing!!

Mod Snip.

Don't post tits, some people are at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Buck Fizz

Buck Fizz wrote: »
    Eamon Gilmore sent him this link, so no wonder he was gawking at the dam thing!!

Mod Snip.

I thought it'd be a good way to brighten up their day at work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Probably Phil Hogan. Telling him to shut the **** up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Buck Fizz wrote: »

Mod Snip.

I missed this - was it a picture of Eamon Gilmore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"Hey Phil just had a brainwave. Charge on churches.
    dis lot r loaded. Wot u tink?
    l8r Nda"

• Advertisement
Advertisement