Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small studio set up advice/guidance needed.

• 26-09-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice and pointers for a small studio set up.

I've previously had PT6 running on a Digi002 with MAudio Octance and other Focusrite racks etc. Also used Apple Macs etc.

Sold all that off a while back but now looking for a new set up.

I ideally have no preference now over pt or logic but I do have preference over it being a mac.

I've got access to digital and analogue desks with direct outs so I was thinking of just using them as the pre/channel strips and have some kind of interface to plug the direct outs into and straight onto pt/logic.

So, ideas on interface and daws most welcome. I'm open for 2nd hand gear too so any links would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Budget for gear??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

No real budget at the min. Don't mind doing it in pieces. Not looking at high end stuff. No more than lets say €1k. It's not a commercial studio.

I've lots of outboard from live setups, so it's purely ad/da converters and daw platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Got sorted. Mods you can lock this if you wish.

Advertisement