Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for a Christmas Brew?

Options
  • 26-09-2012 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

I think I have enough time to get in a brew by Christmas. I'm looking for something darkish and malty (not stout). Any ideas? I'll be extract brewing with possibly a small grain addition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Have you ever brewed a bock? I plan to do one soon with a decoction mash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Tube wrote: »
    Have you ever brewed a bock? I plan to do one soon with a decoction mash.

Just Googled it and it seems perfect. Thanks!

Edit: Ah, it needs to be lagered. Don't have the space or experience for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I'm thinking a nice Belgian dubbel would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I made a brewferm christmas kit a few weeks ago, its bottled and waiting to be drunk now. Its the easiest kit you can make, you dont even add sugar before you bottle. Here is the link all you need to buy with it is sugar for the fermenting (first) stage.

Its supposed to be lovely but you would need to get on it as its got a really long fermentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I have an AG oatmeal stout in the fermenter. The mouth feel is very different to a traditional stout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Confab wrote: »
    Edit: Ah, it needs to be lagered. Don't have the space or experience for that.
    Lagering just mean you store it cold for a few months. Like in the shed in winter. Which means the timing could be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Confab wrote: »
    I think I have enough time to get in a brew by Christmas. I'm looking for something darkish and malty (not stout). Any ideas? I'll be extract brewing with possibly a small grain addition.

You have loads of time enough to do a few ;)

Advertisement