Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Log

• 26-09-2012 12:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭

Well: I'm just starting training properly and don't know where to start!

My history - I always liked running and would go for a few jogs every month. Did it on a very unserious level - but there was always that seed of enjoyment there.

This year I did a 3k assault course for the first time and really enjoyed it. In fact I loved it. I had heard it was coming up and was determined to do it.

Realised it was the thing I had enjoyed most doing in ages actually.

Anyway I realised I loved running but still hadn't the confidence to take it seriously/ join a running club.

Then last month my friend in Dublin mentioned she was doing a half marathon. I don't really have anyone down here that are interested in running - so I jumped at doing something with some-one else interested in running.

Realise it was a bit of a jump from a 3k but again once I heard about it I was determined to do it.

Went out for probaly 3-4 mile runs twice a week for a month prior to it and did it in 3 hrs 18 mins.Ran half and walked half. I was delighted with myself.

I just realised that this is really what I want to do. I've joined a running club and will be going for the first time next week, and I'm going to do the Donadea 10k in October.

My goal is to get a good time in the half next year.

I am a bit of a haphazard person so I went to get some structure into training properly, which is what I'm a bit clueless about!

First thing I'm going to do is get a good distance/timing application, any more advice is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Good luck with your log but I am wondering should you be posting in the running forum rather than in the triathlon forum ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Whoops, I actually meant to,could somebody move me please :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

PM one of the Mods and they can move it for you.

Advertisement