Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enda Kenny - Decisions will be implemented!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Endor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

DenMan wrote: »

Lord knows but he's once again trying to convince the masses before the next upcoming budget which will on its own, be some serious fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

He'll cut SW payments in Dec.

Then kick himself in Jan when he's on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i wouldnt call finland one of the most powerful countries in the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Ireland is starting to piss me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

These lads are a serious bunch of cowboys, wouldn't go as far as saying there as bad as the last crowd, but there constant lying is putting them in the same bracket. Thinking of voting for SF next time around to shut them up, another bunch of mouths.

I rather some indo get into power and try sort this mess out or anyone with a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sure we voted for that Traayty, didn't we? Europe will look after us.

Suckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Bambi wrote: »
    Sure we voted for that Traayty, didn't we? Europe will look after us.

Suckers.

In fairness, Europe are looking after us. Charging a fair price for it too. They never said it was going to be free on them posters.

Same way they never said they where going to create full time jobs, just jobs.

Damn snakes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I think Enda gets an awful hard time in fairness. He's a hard-working man and a good Catholic.
    He does his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would say there is a lot of sniggering when this spineless clown stands up to speak at a EU meeting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sauve wrote: »
    I think Enda gets an awful hard time in fairness. He's a hard-working man and a good Catholic.
    He does his best.

Met the pope and spent most of his time on his new shiny iPhone during a speech despite being a member of an invited delegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Let Europe run us altogether then and get rid of all our politicians. Let's be done with it. We'll save on their wages and it's not like the majority of decisions are in their own hands. OUT OUT OUT. At least we won't have to look at them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Maybe not but they are in a lot better shape as a country than we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Sauve wrote: »
    He does his best.

Sure he is only working with what was left to him.

It'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Met the pope and spent most of his time on his new shiny iPhone during a speech despite being a member of an invited delegation.

tbh that's a +1 for Enda from me

Couldn't think of a better way to show the Sith Catholic emperor what I think of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gurgle wrote: »
    tbh that's a +1 for Enda from me

Couldn't think of a better way to show the Sith Catholic emperor what I think of him.

Well he could have ignored the invitation :P

I'm surprised he didn't given all his recent huffing and puffing about the Vatican.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

So a few lines

"Those two decisions stand," he said. "Those two decisions will be implemented.

"They are the decisions, without any equivocation, of the heads of government of the meeting of the 29th of June.

"During the course of any negotiations, as you're well aware, statements can be made from different perspectives"

the word in bold says it all!!!!

If negotiations are ongoing how can he be 100% positive that the decisions will stand!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Multi-tasking.
    He should get overtime pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

newslink wrote:
    Taoiseach Enda Kenny is adamant...

Hmmm... He claims to be "Adam Ant" and is asking the other leaders to "stand and deliver"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Maybe not but they are in a lot better shape as a country than we are.

comes and goes in cycles, they were in an awful state in the 90's while we were doing well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Birneybau wrote: »
    Endor.
    [NERD]Endor is a moon.[/NERD]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 COLO12

We will never revolt - the country is full of cowards! Our parents and their parents were screwed by successive elite families in power - and now our generation are being screwed by the same elite famils again - and what do we do? - we hit boards.ie and moan!!! Irishness in a shell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

You expect the leader of a nation to use one of these?
    http://swotti.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheBM9RAWEGMZMXMA==VGVJAG5VBG9NES1NB2JPBGUGUGHVBMVZ/imgnokia%2033103.jpg

I smell a thinly veiled "ah sure, he shud be wearin' sackcloth, ain't it good 'nuff sure?" post.

How is the iphone comment relevant?

Yes, ****ty to use the thing during the speech, but what he uses is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

COLO12 wrote: »
    We will never revolt - the country is full of cowards! Our parents and their parents were screwed by successive elite families in power - and now our generation are being screwed by the same elite famils again - and what do we do? - we hit boards.ie and moan!!! Irishness in a shell!

The irony is almost overpowering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Finland. Annoying wee c.u.n.t that hangs out with the big boy & his brother.

If rowing back is an option... let's rewind to Lenihan's one.

CruelCoin wrote: »
    You expect the leader of a nation to use one of these?
    http://swotti.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheBM9RAWEGMZMXMA==VGVJAG5VBG9NES1NB2JPBGUGUGHVBMVZ/imgnokia%2033103.jpg

I smell a thinly veiled "ah sure, he shud be wearin' sackcloth, ain't it good 'nuff sure?" post.

How is the iphone comment relevant?

Yes, ****ty to use the thing during the speech, but what he uses is irrelevant.

It was relevant to the post about him being a good Catholic (he is a practising Catholic). To be part of an invited delegation representing the people of Ireland and be caught on camera sifting through his new phone is ignorant. Who knows how Enda gets on in those European meetings he tells us about afterwards. I'd love to stick a camera in an EU meeting of the heads of Government in Brussels and see how is perceived by Europe and how willing he his to do everything he says he will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

ENDOF

they shouldn't last too much longer after the budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

So a few lines

"Those two decisions stand," he said. "Those two decisions will be implemented.

"They are the decisions, without any equivocation, of the heads of government of the meeting of the 29th of June.

"During the course of any negotiations, as you're well aware, statements can be made from different perspectives"

the word in bold says it all!!!!

If negotiations are ongoing how can he be 100% positive that the decisions will stand!!!

You don't seem to realise that the negotiations take place on an ongoing basis, often through the media and local national conversation. Kenny is being smart and is continuing to push at the envelope in a very public way, keeping pressure on the EU and in the background sorting out our economy in a very competent way. Statements by finance ministers across the EU are not final decisions, they are also part of the ongoing political game where the players push and pull all the way up to the next summit or whenever the final decision is taken. Kenny knows we have a very high chance of success because we are succeeding so well in reforming our economy and debt.

The kenny haters don't have any idea whatsoever and just vent and vent their whining. Kenny gets on with doing a damned fine job. Not even having voted for him I am really impressed with this Gov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

COLO12 wrote: »

I know hundreds of revolting people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Finland. Annoying wee c.u.n.t that hangs out with the big boy & his brother.

If rowing back is an option... let's rewind to Lenihan's one.

Of course, the finns sided with ze germans in the big one. The dutch did'nt make much of effort back then either. :)

Probably not allowed bring that up in this era. All friend's now etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Adyx wrote: »

Well, that's the Endor that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Adyx wrote: »

Fail. Endor is the name of the planet that the moon orbits. [/NERD] alright but not in the way you thought :)

Piliger wrote: »
    ...The kenny haters don't have any idea whatsoever and just vent and vent their whining. Kenny gets on with doing a damned fine job. Not even having voted for him I am really impressed with this Gov.

I genuinely feel sorry for you.
    I find it hard to believe that people are so deluded.
    Of course (if your not trolling as some might suspect here) you will of course justify their every and latest actions daily with this disillusion that they are great!

Care to justify Hogans exposed possible bigotry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Enda and co are just the same as the last shower. Sitting on their big salaries, pulling strokes to have extra services in their constituencies. Breaking the pay caps for "advisers".

He seems not to listen at all. The head honchos in Europe said this wasn't going to happen but he thinks he can push it through.

They say that this next budget will be the hardest, yet the ERSI say there will be eight more of this type of budget.

They have reneagued on too many promises, failed to deliver on plans. People have less money, more people unemployed, and little hope things will get better.

There is no political party in Ireland capable of managing us out of this problem, too many vested interests and too much parish pump politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

some ignorance on this thread!

Last night the Germans, finnish and dutch have gone back on their statements about bank debt in june.

Just as i suspected the ESM will not be retrospective.

We like the fools we are voted for the ESM before we got any deal. Now that we voted yes Europe has gotten what it want and Ireland can go and jump.

I said it all along the voting yes to the ESM would solidify bank debt as soverign. And that in effect is what this statement means.

What idiot plays his hand on the first pass in poker? Enda Kenny is that idiot.
    Remember Enda said the referendum was the most important in the last 25 years!

Now it looks like the best we can hope for is a longterm bond on debt that was never ours in the first place.
    There will be no restructuring or write down of the 70 odd billion we have pumped into failed banks.

Well done to all ye yes men!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Biggins wrote: »
    I genuinely feel sorry for you.
    I find it hard to believe that people are so deluded.
    Of course (if your not trolling as some might suspect here) you will of course justify their every and latest actions daily with this disillusion that they are great!

Care to justify Hogans exposed possible bigotry?

Can I just ask you and some of the others what exactly Enda could have done differently?

This is something I just find it hard to understand.

His hands were tied before he even came into the job as would anybody’s else's.

You honestly think if we elected the Shiners or a bunch of Indo's that this country would be in a better place now?

People need to wake up to the reality of our situation. We are in reality a small, powerless country that stupidly agreed (not the current Govts decision) to take on the banks private debt.

Our only hope is that issues in Spain and perhaps Greece will force Europe to take on board their and also as a result our banks debts and Enda Kenny really has very little say or power as he is only the leader of a tiny, massively indebted country who has in the past pissed off many countries with our low Corp Tax.

You really think the Germans and co will give one **** about having to deal with the likes of Jerry Adams? You think he will get them to change their minds with his snake like slithering to avoid answering nay direct questions that show him and his party up as the bunch of populists waste of space party they really are?

God help this country if they ever get into power.

So again I'll say what other choice do we have?

None. Other than to hope that the current problems in the euro Zone will play into our hands and force the bank debts to taken off us.

CucaFace wrote: »
    Can I just ask you and some of the others what exactly Enda could have done differently?

This is something I just find it hard to understand.

His hands were tied before he even came into the job as would anybody’s else's.

You honestly think if we elected the Shiners or a bunch of Indo's that this country would be in a better place now?

People need to wake up to the reality of our situation. We are in reality a small, powerless country that stupidly agreed (not the current Govts decision) to take on the banks private debt.

Our only hope is that issues in Spain and perhaps Greece will force Europe to take on board their and also as a result our banks debts and Enda Kenny really has very little say or power as he is only the leader of a tiny, massively indebted country who has in the past pissed off many countries with our low Corp Tax.

You really think the Germans and co will give one **** about having to deal with the likes of Jerry Adams? You think he will get them to change their minds with his snake like slithering to avoid answering nay direct questions that show him and his party up as the bunch of populists waste of space party they really are?

God help this country if they ever get into power.

So again I'll say what other choice do we have?

None. Other than to hope that the current problems in the euro Zone will play into our hands and force the bank debts to taken off us.

...And there you have it.

Nearly every excuse possible for justifying a lying, cowardly, stupid, bullying, traitorous, massive u-turning, law breaking when convenient, now infested by bigots, government that Ireland has ever seen since the low levels of Fianna Fail!

Something to be proud of?

Absolute bollox of justifiable reason and government!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I would say there is a lot of sniggering when this spineless clown stands up to speak at a EU meeting
    That's if he is not playing Donkie Kong on his iPhone with Phil Hogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

Bambi wrote: »
    Of course, the finns sided with ze germans in the big one. The dutch did'nt make much of effort back then either. :)

Probably not allowed bring that up in this era. All friend's now etc
    While we hid under our beds, if you want to bring that era up the Europe owes us nothing but contempt.

The Government shouldn't be making promises they know they can't keep. They should be honest and upfront by telling the country how it is. All this nonsense of going back every few months wasting money and resources on trips asking on Ireland's behalf on a reduction of the bank debt has to stop. They are probably browned off over there having to listen to it all the time. Enda know's we won't get a deal and yet tries to maintain it on the news that we will.

Last year John Perry reneged on resigning if the Cancer services were not kept in Sligo General Hospital within 100 days in office and when asked about it said there was a conspiracy against him and hung up during a live radio interview. Hogan did the same this morning. They are so separated from reality it's unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Nearly every excuse possible for justifying a lying, cowardly, stupid, bullying, traitorous, massive u-turning, law breaking when convenient, now infested by bigots, government that Ireland has ever seen since the low levels of Fianna Fail!

You see this is just the typical crap you see on here everyday.

I asked what you could do differently?

And you respond with nothing but bitterness and laying blame at everyone in the Govt past and present.

I have no great love for anyone in politics truth be told.

But Im sick of all this boo hoo hoo blame everyone, without any viable options being given of what can be done differently that would actually make a difference.

So you got anything bar insults/bitterness or abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

keithob wrote: »
    we need anarchy in this country like the greeks and spain and maybe just maybe they will open there eyes..

It will never happen here for one reason, the weather is ****e and people couldn't be bothered standing outside protesting in the pishing rain. If it was nice warm and sunny like in Greece and Spain people would be more likely to get out and catch a few rays while protesting at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Ah Jaysus. Begrudge much?

Would you prefer he used something more 'downmarket'

CucaFace wrote: »
    You see this is just the typical crap you see on here everyday.

I asked what you could do differently?

And you respond with nothing but bitterness and laying blame at everyone in the Govt past and present.

I have no great love for anyone in politics truth be told.

But Im sick of all this boo hoo hoo blame everyone, without any viable options being given of what can be done differently that would actually make a difference.

So you got anything bar insults/bitterness or abuse?

What would I do?
    What would I personally?

I would try growing a set of balls and do partly what Iceland did.

1. I would tell the bondholders which was LEGALLY entitled to get money back - you will get it but by god, you will do so when the economy recovers. You will get your money when I take care of the people I'm actually elected to take care of.
    I would not be elected to bail out chancers foreign or domestic.

2. I would do actually what I say!
    I would not u-turn on many words spoken previously!
    I would not lie!
    I would stand up to Germany and TELL THEM this is how much you are getting per month, per year and at what rate I'm willing to pay it back - like it or fcuking lump it!

3. I would bring in taxes for the every religious org in the country!

4. I would start asset stripping the religious orgs till they pay back the full €1.5 billion they owe the state!

5. I would see Cardinal Brady arrested!

6. I would change the level of tax on higher earners - public and private sector!

7. I would re-address the Croke Park agreement.

8. I would NOT bully one individual so that I can extort - sorry, tax - another!

9. I would not break the laws of the land when I see fit, just to justify intimidation and bigotry.

10. I would not use the utter miserable excuse that "well the others will be worse" as a petty excuse to justify my continued existence and behave like a fcuking asshole!

11. I would tell the unions that have their high-end paid earners that they are NO LONGER ring-fenced in wages and perk!

12. I would cut 75 million in out of date allowances - I said I was going to do and not cow-tow to the overpaid (higher than country leader even) union heads!

The above is just a beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

What should the government do so?
    We need to play this whole thing carefully. By asking for 'debt relief' from the EU, in reality we're effectively asking other countries to share our debt. If the roles were reversed and other countries were coming along asking us to take on their debt, the vast majority of which was wracked up as a result of high public sector salaries and very generous social welfare benefits (both of which are far higher than those pay levels and benefits in the country we're asking for debt relief from ironically), and an extremely generous income tax regime for people earning under ~€40k a year, as well as a smaller (but still significant) amount as a result of a bank bailout our government rightly or wrongly carried out, we'd be very pissed off.

If people are so stupid that they thought that by voting FF out that we were also voting away our deficit, then... I honestly dont know what to tell you. Irelands too small to come out and make demands of our European partners, we need to work behind the scenes to get support for our position from other countries. At the moment we're going about that the best way possible; we're taking tough steps to correct our deficit, meeting the bailout targets and playing ball with the EU/Troika. Even if we do get this deal on our bank debt (which I believe we will), it wont make much of a dent in our deficit, maybe reduce it from ~€14B a year down to ~€13B, it will just give us some more room for manouvere before we reach the 120% debt to GDP ratio figure which is the max level of sustainability...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

13. I would tax the exclamation mark.

D1stant wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus. Begrudge much?

Would you prefer he used something more 'downmarket'

He went straight from a Nokia 6310i to an iPhone 5 apparently. Lucky jammer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

We need to threaten to leave their precious €zone. If we leave, other may follow. It's our only weapon in negotiating with our continental betters. They are punishing us, the people of Ireland, for the actions of a core group of elite gamblers. Its hardball time. Eutocrats are terrified of the breakup of the Eurozone and while Ireland leaving wouldn't alone bring it down, it would probably open the flood gates.

What would I do?
    What would I personally?

I would try growing a set of balls and do partly what Iceland did.

1. I would tell the bondholders which was LEGALLY entitled to get money back - you will get it but by god, you will do so when the economy recovers. You will get your money when I take care of the people I'm actually elected to take care of.
    I would not be elected to bail out chancers foreign or domestic.

2. I would do actually what I say!
    I would not u-turn on many words spoken previously!
    I would not lie!
    I would stand up to Germany and TELL THEM this is how much you are getting per month, per year and at what rate I'm willing to pay it back - like it or fcuking lump it!

3. I would bring in taxes for the every religious org in the country!

4. I would start asset stripping the religious orgs till they pay back the full €1.5 billion they owe the state!

5. I would see Cardinal Brady arrested!

6. I would change the level of tax on higher earners - public and private sector!

7. I would re-address the Croke Park agreement.

8. I would NOT bully one individual so that I can extort - sorry, tax - another!

9. I would not break the laws of the land when I see fit, just to justify intimidation and bigotry.

10. I would not use the utter miserable excuse that "well the others will be worse" as a petty excuse to justify my continued existence and behave like a fcuking asshole!

11. I would tell the unions that have their high-end paid earners that they are NO LONGER ring-fenced in wages and perk!

12. I would cut 75 million in out of date allowances - I said I was going to do and not cow-tow to the overpaid (higher than country leader even) union heads!

The above is just a beginning.

Now I expect some smart-arsed replies and/or debates about some or all the above.
    ...But you know what, to do the above or at least some would take a set of balls - and Enda has fcuking NONE!
    He's a contemptible little piece of crap and Gilmore is just the same for supporting him!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Just the fastest growing economy in Europe and its also the home of Oli Rhen the EU Finance commissioner . It's also well up the GNP list and rising fast. So When it comes to Economic Power Finland is far superior to the likes of Ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement