Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 seating?

Options
  • 26-09-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I am buying tickets to a music gig in the O2 as birthday pressie for hubby I have never been in the O2 so just wondering what seats are the best. It will probably be a 2 hr set so not sure if I want to be standing but having said that dont want to be at the back sitting esp at a music gig. Never been to a music gig (I know morto :o) so not sure what to expect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The closer to the stage the better.

There's a seating map for the O2 on the Ticketmaster website.

As it's your first gig allow me to give you some advice on how to behave - don't talk loudly during quiet songs, don't constantly get up and down to go to the bar/toilet, don't video the whole thing on your phone.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

best blocks are in this order C,D,E,B,F, and higher up K,L,M,J,N the other blocks should only be used if nothing else is available.The views in A,H can be ok with the provision that the lower the seat number the worse the view.In G and P the lower the seat number the better the view.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

Sorry about the bump, but I thought it's better to post it here rather than a new question. How are the standing areas in GA blocks? Isn't it whoever comes first in, gets a better spot in the standing area?

I've never been to O2, and the tickets in block M is the most expensive (among the available spots, row 37), while block L (row 37) is the cheapest, and the standing area in block GA is the medium. I'm not sure which to get. I was considering the standing area, but reading the posts here, I'm getting the impression that I may get a neck-ache and backache standing up and looking up there? (if that's how the stage is set).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Hiddden wrote: »
    Sorry about the bump, but I thought it's better to post it here rather than a new question. How are the standing areas in GA blocks? Isn't it whoever comes first in, gets a better spot in the standing area?

I've never been to O2, and the tickets in block M is the most expensive (among the available spots, row 37), while block L (row 37) is the cheapest, and the standing area in block GA is the medium. I'm not sure which to get. I was considering the standing area, but reading the posts here, I'm getting the impression that I may get a neck-ache and backache standing up and looking up there? (if that's how the stage is set).

It's fairly easy to move around the standing area so you don't have to get there very early, though probably depends on the type of gig. Of course, it also depends on how tall you and how tall the people who end up in front of you are as to whether you get a great view or not which you can never tell.

I'm 5'10 and find the sightlines great, if you move to either side you'll probably find it more comfortable as everyone gathers in the middle.

It's fairly easy to move around the standing area so you don't have to get there very early, though probably depends on the type of gig. Of course, it also depends on how tall you and how tall the people who end up in front of you are as to whether you get a great view or not which you can never tell.

I'm 5'10 and find the sightlines great, if you move to either side you'll probably find it more comfortable as everyone gathers in the middle.

So, do you mean it's good to be in the standing area, and it's not below the stage level where you may have to keep your neck bent up the whole time? It's a concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

How tall are you? I didn't experience any discomfort but I wasn't right up the front, I was back and to the side. I know it's a concert but it depends what type of band, if it's miley cyrus then there's going to be a lot more squashing and stuff than sigur ros which I went to and had a calmer audience.

Haha. I forgot to mention what concert?!

I'm 5'5 if that's what 165 cm means! And it's Enrique Iglesias. It wouldn't be that quite I'd say. Do you think it's better than either of those seated spots on 37th row in M or L?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Hiddden wrote: »
    Haha. I forgot to mention what concert?!

I'm 5'5 if that's what 165 cm means! And it's Enrique Iglesias. It wouldn't be that quite I'd say. Do you think it's better than either of those seated spots on 37th row in M or L?

I would say a standing ticket would be a better option. While there is no spot reserved, if you get in early enough when the doors open, you should be able to get a good spot, near enough to the stage.

Blocks M and L are in the second level of seating blocks, they'd be a good bit back, you might find yourself relying on the big screen to see the band, if there is a screen being used.

One disadvantage of getting a seated ticket, is if people on your row are talking loudly or getting up to go in to the bar throughout the gig, it can be quite distracting, and if you are a good bit back, the talking can seem that bit louder:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement