Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Sun Holiday suggestions

Options
  • 26-09-2012 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

We would like to go away for a week to the sun but not too far as baba has not flown before and we are wary of bringing him on a long flight.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice, WARM European location for a holiday?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We found both Menorca and Lanzarotte great locations with the children. (3 and 1 in Menorca,big girl was 1 in Lanzarotte)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We went to Tenerife last February when my son was 13 months. It was a 4 hour flight which I was dreading but was fine in the end. The weather was sunny and around 26oc during the day.

I think flying with a baby is something you just have to do and get it over with. I don't think there's anywhere in Europe with guaranteed winter sun. The Canary island are the nearest destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

Yeah we have a friend who has offered accommodation in Abu Dhabi but I am worried about such a long flight ... Then again we will need to pay for him to go next year...

Advertisement