Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Sensation XL Repair

Options
  • 26-09-2012 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I was having problems with my HTC powering itself off several times a day. Each time it powered off, it used alot of time and battery turning itself back on. I gave it to meteor for repair as it is still under warranty.

Almost 3 weeks later (today), I get a text message from them saying "your phone has received an estimate for repair. The cost of this repair will be 130e". I contacted them to see why it wasn't covered by warranty and they were quite unhelpful. Eventually, after ringing over and back between meteor and fonnua (the company they use for repairs apparently http://www.fonua.com), I found out that the warrenty was void because of a small (1mm x 1mm) chip in the outer plastic casing.

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should do? Is this just a software issue and would a software update solve it? I'm not willing to pay the €130 on a phone that should still be under warranty.

The main issue I have with the whole thing is that it took 3 weeks for them to tell me that the warranty was void - even if it is..surely the guy in the shop should have noticed? It was sent for repair with no physical damage written on the form. Also, I have been left with a basic nokia phone for the last 3 weeks so I haven't been able to avail of the internet services that I'm paying for as part of the contract. Is there anything I can do about these things?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Send it directly to HTC.

I had a similar problem with my own HTC phone. I got mine replaced in the end cause it went away for repair 3x. My warranty wasn't void either

Advertisement