Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superglue put in front door lock in Lettekenny

Options
  • 26-09-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

Woke up this morning to the landlord asking me to test my front door with my key to see if glue had been put into it,as someone had done that to my neighbours door... my key wouldnt go in. So it had..

So now he is here changing the locks im just putting this out there for people to be aware that its going on in Letterkenny, i got home near 2AM last night so it mustve happened after that. Plus my road is close to the schools so that could be another factor in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

If it happens again I think nail varnish will break down the glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Thanks maldesu ill keep it in mind...

Talking to the landlord there and seems most of the street had it done to them last night some time after the Sam Homecoming...

Thats was a nice way for someone to celebrate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

I heard on radio na G that scum were robbing cars and pickpocketing during the celebrations.
    Terrible carry on at such a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

dafuq is wrong with some people???

apache wrote: »
    I heard on radio na G that scum were robbing cars and pickpocketing during the celebrations.

Yeah there was announcments from stage to watch out for pickpockets active in the crowd in lkenny last night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Yep my daughters Father in Law had his car broken into in Donegal Town on Sunday night. They ripped off the dash,tried to hot wire it failed miserably so proceeded to kick all the door panels in. Some very sad people out there

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yep my daughters Father in Law had his car broken into in Donegal Town on Sunday night. They ripped off the dash,tried to hot wire it failed miserably so proceeded to kick all the door panels in. Some very sad people out there
    Jesus, that's disgraceful behaviour. Scumbags.

Just saw on a certain un-named website that Ballymacool Terrace was done last night.. there car locks were glued too ... said its been the 3rd such street to be attacked this way.. :( keep an eye out at night folks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

retalivity wrote: »
    They know they will get off with it if by some fluke they are caught. Nothing a good kicking wouldn't cure though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

smashey wrote: »
    retalivity wrote: »
    They know they will get off with it if by some fluke they are caught. Nothing a good kicking wouldn't cure though!

I laughed! Your name and avatar fit this post so well! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thats an old pic he's using as an avatar :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    Thats an old pic he's using as an avatar :pac:
    It's a remarkable likeness

They're just about to discuss this issue on Highland Radio now

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

I was glued to the Highland coverage. Certainly sounds like a sticky situation.

(It had to be done. You know it had to be done.)

Mr_A wrote: »
    I was glued to the Highland coverage. Certainly sounds like a sticky situation.

(It had to be done. You know it had to be done.)
    Well, in that case i can either stick this thread or lock it :D

It was in the star today! Bloody hell - so annoying - little sh1ts superglueing locks.
    I come home some days and fear my lock has been superglued. Its so easy to do!

Apart from that woeful carry on at such a wonderful time. I know everywhere is getting rough but is letterkenny particularly bad????? I've heard a lot of stories.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Apart from that woeful carry on at such a wonderful time. I know everywhere is getting rough but is letterkenny particularly bad????? I've heard a lot of stories.....

And probably a discussion for somewhere else, but what has changed that things have gotten so bad in the past number of years?

So is the superglue thing limited to the Ballymacool area? Or is it a case that now it's been reported, other wee sh*tes think it's a great idea?

CastorTroy wrote: »

And probably a discussion for somewhere else, but what has changed that things have gotten so bad in the past number of years?

So is the superglue thing limited to the Ballymacool area? Or is it a case that now it's been reported, other wee sh*tes think it's a great idea?
    Possibly. The only reason i ask is because i am a prison officer and donegal had the lowest commital rate in the country but in the past 2 years this has changed and i see a lot of donegal commitals - especially letterkenny. so that is the reason i ask.
    Its a shame.

CastorTroy wrote: »

im in the Ard O Donnell area & it happend here on Tuesday night & in Ballymacool on Wednesday night..so id say its the same people/person doing it as it wasnt widely reported until it happened in Ballymacool..

As to your other question i wish i knew.. perhaps just a general decline in Society (and parenting) as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Possibly. The only reason i ask is because i am a prison officer and donegal had the lowest commital rate in the country but in the past 2 years this has changed and i see a lot of donegal commitals - especially letterkenny. so that is the reason i ask.
    Its a shame.

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant I knew things had gotten worse and was just wondering why. I wasn't questioning why you said what you said. :)
    oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    im in the Ard O Donnell area & it happend here on Tuesday night & in Ballymacool on Wednesday night..so id say its the same people/person doing it as it wasnt widely reported until it happened in Ballymacool..

As to your other question i wish i knew.. perhaps just a general decline in Society (and parenting) as a whole.

I'm up Killyclug so hopefully I won't have it happen. It's crap it's happened to anyone and like I said there's a good chance others will be copying it.

• Advertisement

Yes oranbhoy i would agree - a general decline in society and with recession etc it plays a big part. It just saddens me as donegal as a whole used to have the lowest crime rate but not anymore.

I hope you got sorted anyway and got into your home with not much hassle. Did you have to break the lock?

No bother castortroy :)

Yes oranbhoy i would agree - a general decline in society and with recession etc it plays a big part. It just saddens me as donegal as a whole used to have the lowest crime rate but not anymore.

I hope you got sorted anyway and got into your home with not much hassle. Did you have to break the lock?

yeah i did thanks as my house is rented my landlord had to fit the bill for a new lock which i understood was around €40.. i didnt have to break the lock as i can open it without the key from the inside... i just feel sorry for the many elderley people that this happened too - who not only had to pay for repairs but who were very shaken up by the thought of someone creeping about outside there house in the dead of night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Did i read on RTE that 3 youths have been arrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Wee scumbags were around last night too, 2 of the neigbours had their car door locks glued (dunno about others GF was only chatting to one of the old ladies this morning) and we had our bin tag stolen.

i understand pranks and crap but aren't pranks meant to be funny when you see what you done play out but this is just senseless and even if they were watching i can't imagine the sight of an elderly woman trying to get her key in the car this morning would be side splitingly funny.

Me thinks a night in the other room looking over the estate is called for. Either that or time to set the webcam up for motion detection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

danniemcq wrote: »
    Wee scumbags were around last night too, 2 of the neigbours had their car door locks glued (dunno about others GF was only chatting to one of the old ladies this morning) and we had our bin tag stolen.

i understand pranks and crap but aren't pranks meant to be funny when you see what you done play out but this is just senseless and even if they were watching i can't imagine the sight of an elderly woman trying to get her key in the car this morning would be side splitingly funny.

Me thinks a night in the other room looking over the estate is called for. Either that or time to set the webcam up for motion detection

Kit-Up-Urban-Sniper-Chris-Kyle-600x450.jpg

I've heard again that they're at it!
    I read in the paper a few days ago that in one night a few nights ago dozens of cars and house locks were superglued. I can't remember the area now. I should have posted it up when I remembered :(

When I'm going out and locking my door I always think how easy it would be for the local scum to do it and how annoying and frustrating it is for people. Thankfully its never happened to me.

So whats going on up in Donegal? Is there an epidemic of supergluers(ees?) and whats the fascination with it?

I'm sure they get a great laugh out of it. Just feel annoyed for the people it happens to and all the hassle it causes to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I read in the paper a few days ago that in one night a few nights ago dozens of cars and house locks were superglued. I can't remember the area now. I should have posted it up when I remembered :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20808626

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah our estate got hit again (3rd or 4th time now)

the estate is small and mainly elderly people and the same cars have been done each time same with locks, ours was done for the first time last week.

Its horrible thoough when you think that if there was an emergency someone might not be able to unlock their doors to get in or out.

One neighbour had to climb through a back window.

I blame our new guard dog for not alerting me to get to my post!

• Advertisement

Cheers Penfailed.

Jeez Dannie 3rd/4th time???!!! FFS!!
    Yeah thats the thing - in an emergency situation its very concerning.

Advertisement