Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account closed due of less than 1k per month !!!

Options
  • 26-09-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi All,

I had an account with a local supplier.
    He had good prices on few IT components for my projects.

Called today to introduce one of my partners for a new account and been told that they closed my account because i was doing less than 1k per month,also they don't open new accounts either !!

Kind of pissed of that they closed mine since last June, also embarrassed in front of my new partner !
    So now,if i need to buy something from them,i have to go through another supplier that buys from them,of course adding an extra % to my price !!

I'll call that very fcuking strange in this kind of business relation and/or environment !!!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Unfortunately that is part of a wholesale business, you have to have MOQs and high volumes to make it worth your while. Also other clients would get annoyed if any customers could go in an buy components direct at the same prices as them. Unfortunately if you have customers that are non-profitable the correct thing is to let them go or increase prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Unfortunately that is part of a wholesale business, you have to have MOQs and high volumes to make it worth your while. Also other clients would get annoyed if any customers could go in an buy components direct at the same prices as them. Unfortunately if you have customers that are non-profitable the correct thing is to let them go or increase prices.

Thanks for reply.
    That supplier is a local trade supplier,not any major products or even exclusivity over any brands.
    What kind of "calm me down" is that they are not opening new accounts either !!!

I've asked around other suppliers,and they said that €1k is way too excessive for this type of business model and they are taking any kind of orders from me,no matter the amount !

Maybe they are too busy processing thousands of euros worth orders and they cannot deal timewise with me... or...maybe suppliers in Ireland are too busy for the small businesses !??

Any way,i gave them my feedback and i wished good luck in chasing the over 1k minimum order per month accounts !!!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Sounds like a possibly business opportunity for you so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

OP, do you have a history of returning products with this particular company?

Advertisement