Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First music video, what do you think!?

• 26-09-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I've just uploaded my first music video on youtube for my band. Any feedback or comments would be most welcome, we're called Wings of Pegasus and the song is 'that's metal (to my ears)'. Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

For those not bothered to look it up on YouTube:

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that, nice job! The track was pure cheese, but well executed and well produced so I'm on board. If I had any complaints to make I'd say the goon at the start who introduces the video should definitely be cut out and I guess a couple of the passers-by looked a bit awkward, but overall great work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

that goon was lamping heidi range for years

lucky bastard

is that lionel messi in white jocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

That was pretty good, as a previous poster said, the intro guy was a bit incongruous.

The song itself was enjoyable, a hint of of Saxon and a bit of UFO influence in the bands sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnadom

Thanks! Yeh the guy at the beginning is a radio DJ for a station in London called Capital FM. I thought that maybe if people watch it from outside London they might think he was just some guy off the street, which seems to be the case! He's quite well known here though.

Thanks for all the comments guys, any feedback is good feedback :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

I have to say I was sceptical for the first five seconds but now I am genuinely impressed. Good to see proper singing is starting to come back into fashion. It's the closest thing I've heard to Metal from a new band in many a moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

what ya got against the drummer and bassist eh?

elitist guitar scum.....:P

great video lads and good old fashioned metal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

what ya got against the drummer and bassist eh?

I was wondering that myself.

I'd say the drummer got a bit confused and forgot to get off the tube train, you know what drummers are like :P

It's the closest thing I've heard to Heavy Metal from a new band in many a moon.

FTFY :pac:

I suppose a drummer could be walking around behind, hitting people on the head with his sticks maybe!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

johnadom wrote: »
    I suppose a drummer could be walking around behind, hitting people on the head with his sticks maybe!?

Ah no, it works as it is! Good video, and I like the song too. Nice and cheesy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭weisses

The eighties are Bacckkkkk ... rock on :D

I can't think of a food that isn't improved with cheese! ;)

Hi guys, some of you may have already seen this and thanks for the feedback, if you haven't, check it out and let me know what you think! Many thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0xuAu627OM

A word to the wise: with a post count that low I'd suggest getting involved in some of the other discussions on this forum before double-posting your band's video. I personally enjoyed the song, but one thread was enough. Come vote in Album of the Week instead!

Thanks for the advice, will do! :)

Advertisement