Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barbell complexes

• 26-09-2012 2:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭

vague question on the merits of 'barbell complexes' for improving all round 'fitness'.

e.g.

5 Deadlifts
    5 Hang Power Cleans
    5 Push Presses
    5 Front Squats

for rounds in 15 min

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

You'll get better at doing barbell complexes! :D

Add in some hill sprints and some longer duration runs every now and again and you're in a pretty rock solid position for "all around fitness".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

ive started doing them very recently as part of a program. Some people recommended them, some didnt. I have to say they are brilliant.

Im doing

10 X deadlift
    10 X bent rows
    10 X hang cleans
    10 X overhead press
    10 X backsquat

at around 35-40 kgs at the moment as it really takes it out of you. Doing 3 sets at the moment.

Real killer and glad im doing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

neil_hosey wrote: »
    ive started doing them very recently as part of a program. Some people recommended them, some didnt. I have to say they are brilliant.

Im doing

10 X deadlift
    10 X bent rows
    10 X hang cleans
    10 X overhead press
    10 X backsquat

at around 35-40 kgs at the moment as it really takes it out of you. Doing 3 sets at the moment.

Real killer and glad im doing them.

I do that exact one, 40kg, 3 rounds for time. Really knocks the sh't out of you.
    I broke my record recently when I was hung over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Thud

I do that exact one, 40kg, 3 rounds for time. Really knocks the sh't out of you.
    I broke my record recently when I was hung over.

might try it...what time are we aiming for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Im not doing it with any real time in mind, the set takes about a minute and i take 60 seconds between each set. Im up to 4 sets next week, so that will be a killer. Going from the hang cleans to the overhead press is a killer, i sound like im giving birth during this part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Thud wrote: »
    might try it...what time are we aiming for?

I can't remember but about 6 minutes or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭benchppress

I did
    5 dead lift
    5 hang clean
    5 front squat
    5 push press
    5 overhead squat

For three rounds with just 30kg

I am going to consider increasing the reps, the rounds or the weight. The limiting factor is the push press I would struggle to do 45kg once

Advertisement