Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Service

Options
  • 26-09-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,

I want it to be known how annoyed I am at Bank Of Ireland, Newlands Cross for there terrible service and their sheer inability to follow things through.

On the 16th of October a new standing order set up by your "Standing orders unit" left my account twice on the 17th/18th I rang Banking 365 as per your advice and they told me that it was a branch error so they put me through to the bank but guess what? No answer from the branch

So the following day after 4 attempts I got a answer and was told that the bank had made a error and the money would be refunded within 24hrs.

48hrs later and still no refund so I contacted Bank again and could not get a answer on phone despite numerous attempts, so I take a hour off to go to bank and speak in person with someone who says they will look into it and call me today, But and hear it goes the person is off today so yet more lies and running around.

Im so annoyed at the poor service and lack of communication not to mention I still havent received my €200 back that the bank paid out twice plus my €10 overdraft charge so I please could you kindly pass this info on to someone who may care also please let me know the best way of making a formal complaint as I intend to lodge this issue with the Financial regulator.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Recessionbust,

Please accept my apologies for the experinece you had.

Please PM your name, account holding branch and contact telephone number and I will raise a formal complaint with BOI, Newlands Cross.

Details on our complaints procedure and contact details for the Financial Services Ombudsman can be found here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Thanks Billy, Appreciate your apology but In no way is this vented at you or any of the other helpful people who post from BOI on Boards.
    I can't seem to send pms , can you pm me and I can reply?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Recessionbust,

We have just sent you a pm.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement