Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else do one of the Iron Butt challenges?

• 26-09-2012 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

I got my Circuit of Ireland approved
    Surname: xxxxxx
    Ride:	CIRCUIT OF IRELAND
    Paperwork_received:	xx/8/12
    Verification:	COMPLETE
    Approved:	YES
    Payment_requested:	xx/9/12
    Payment_received:	xx/9/12
    Package_despatched:	posting xx/9/12

Comments

Jeasus my hole only lasts 100 miles on the suzuki !

well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

urbanledge wrote: »
    Jeasus my hole only lasts 100 miles on the suzuki !

well done!
    airhawk2 :)

Helps a lot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I did 300 miles in one go on the blade last night and I could barely get off the bike.

1000 would kill me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would love to do it I really would....Its deffo on my list of to do's in the near future. When I get my new bike it will be 1st on the list, best of luck mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Most I've done in one go without a lengthy break was just over 200kms, good luck to you

• Advertisement

:)

I think there might be a wee bit of confusion - when I say I got it approved, I mean I've already done the circuit (3 of us did it in 18.5hrs)

By approval - the IBA Ireland have gone thru the receipts I sent in and approved the ride.

Waiting on my cert and pin to arrive now.

Tough going at times. Night time driving kinda sucks in Ireland and **** Clifden and the roads in/out of it.

We went north first from dublin cos there is only one petrol station up there that you need to hit when it's open to be able to complete the circuit. Same for Clifden, they close at certain times whereas the bigger places will have 24hr garages.

2 FZS' and a BMW1200A did it. The two friends haven't sent their docs in yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Aaah it makes sense now :P Well fair play to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

pity i hadnt known, i'm in clifden so could have sorted fuel at whatever time you needed it! and acted as a witness. got me thinking now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Well done.

Did the Saddlesore1000 years ago, wrote about it on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77398054

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

The most I did in one day is 560km. Was tough in about 7 hours.

• Advertisement

http://i.imgur.com/3v7l4.jpg

yay! my pin and cert came

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Congrats once again....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 varadamo

hi all - i did the iron butt 1000 in 2001 with my brother as a team - you could do the 1000 simply to finish it or you could do it and gather points on the way ( had to prove you were there by taking photos and buying something to get a reciept ) we came second overall on a vfr 750 and vfr 800 .
    we could choose where we went and it began and finished near newbridge , kildare . was hard goin - not sure how safe it is really and planing where to get juice was difficult - great to look back on !

Advertisement