Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght AC 5 miler 7th October 2012

Options
  • 26-09-2012 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭

Hey don't think there is a thread for this.

Tallaght AC are holding their annual 5 milers on the 7th of October at 10.30 am. I'm not involved in the organisation myself but more info and online registration can be found at

http://www.tallaghtac.ie/

Was a good race last year. 3 weeks before Dublin marathon so a great chance to have a good blow out race or incorporate it into one of you final long runs with PMP section.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Last Years Thread

Doing this myself. Its a decent course first mile and a half is fast and down hill and then you have a decent drag up the Greenhills road (from turn at the school)

A two lap course and I think is certainly a PB course if the weather holds up (last year a nightmare wind in your face on the climbs)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Anyone have a Garmin record of the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I was meant to start a thread on this ages ago but completely forgot. Its a good race even if I am biased. I know a certain olympian will be taking part(and in all likelyhood taking everybody else to the cleaners).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

tunguska wrote: »
    I was meant to start a thread on this ages ago but completely forgot. Its a good race even if I am biased. I know a certain olympian will be taking part(and in all likelyhood taking everybody else to the cleaners).

Yeah right, I fancy my chances against Derval O'Rourke over 5 miles ;)

TRR wrote: »
    Yeah right, I fancy my chances against Derval O'Rourke over 5 miles ;)

I'd fancy my chances against her to. Not Deval though, you're way off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

tunguska wrote: »
    I'd fancy my chances against her to. Not Deval though, you're way off.

article-2187639-14872784000005DC-488_468x322.jpg

Shane Byrne?

article-2187639-14872784000005DC-488_468x322.jpg

Shane Byrne?

Jaysus christ I shouldnt said anything. Yes its that lad from Belarus, cats out of the bag now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Love the idea of the bath towel for the fist 200 finishers. I almost hope it will be raining.
    Closing date is a bit early though, isn't it (30th September)?

Precision timing clocking the race aswell. Better run 10secs quicker than you planned so.

RayCun wrote: »
    Anyone have a Garmin record of the course?

Ill try do the loop this weekend (hopefully before closing date anyway) and get a Garmin link for you as normally I dont really upload any data from the watch so dont have it from last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Very poorly advertised race.Pity as i always like to see a club race supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Here's the course from last year lads: Tallaght 5

Edit - I'll be doing this and 15-16 easy (like 8m/m) afterwards if anyone is into coming along.

cwgatling wrote: »
    Here's the course from last year lads: Tallaght 5

Edit - I'll be doing this and 15-16 easy (like 8m/m) afterwards if anyone is into coming along.

Might tag along for a few miles after with you (probably not the full 15-16 but perhaps 8-10)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

Nice one man. Gonna grab a coffee and my jacket and head straight away. Should be a good race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Nice one man. Gonna grab a coffee and my jacket and head straight away. Should be a good race.

I may join you as well. Sounds like a plan.

Regards the lack of advertising, I agree and is probably something that needs to be worked on. The only reason I remembered it was it was on, this time last year and the date stuck in my mind so I went and looked for info. You can get away with this sort of set up when the race is as well established as a race like the Raheny 5 but this race is still a baby and needs a little promotion. I better shut up now or else I will have landed myself a PR job tomorrow :)

Dont know if there'll time for coffee man. You know Paul, he'll cross the finish line and just keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭eldiva

anybody know if you can still enter this race on the day or is registration closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stipes212

Enter on the day, up to 10:15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Conditions were perfect for this, would love to have done it.
    A few pics from todays race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Woddle wrote: »
    Conditions were perfect for this, would love to have done it.
    A few pics from todays race.

TRR is literally flying in this one:
    8062370508_611088b251_z.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement