Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Newcastle United match thread, Kick off 19:45

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

100% - Brady looks a tidy confident player I want 2 see more of him, especially in a green shirt!

Confident player is something Trap hates. He wants hoofers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

£10 at 1000/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

cambo2008 wrote: »
    £10 at 1000/1
    Nah they said it was a £100 bet so 100/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

I just feel Liverpool in the next round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It was great to see fletcher and rooney back especially after the news about vidic. Also glad rio and jonny were not risked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Felexicon wrote: »

Thats very poor odds if they are true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

That's the most enjoyable 90 minutes of football I've seen from United this season.

Fair comment alright.
    United have looked lazy at times, if you've got a load of young lads playing, the last thing they'll want to look is lazy, they'll be out to impress.
    Virmijl took a couple of ambitious chances on the wing, some paid off and some didn't, Fergie will appreciate that he took those chances.
    I was hoping Howell would start, but glad he got a few minutes, really have high hopes for him.

Fair play to Cleverley as well, he's gotten some stick for recent sitters, so a goal should shake off the nerves a bit.

Cisse's chance was quality, unlucky to hit the bar!

Thats very poor odds if they are true
    My mistake, it was 100/1.
    They're shìt odds for a 9 year old to play for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I just feel Liverpool in the next round!

Yes please !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

My mistake, it was 100/1.
    They're shìt odds for a 9 year old to play for United.

I was thinking that, but then you have to think that the bookies probably laid the bet without even seeing the kid kick a ball. They're almost doing the guy a favour by taking the bet at all.

• Advertisement

On match of the day they said a tenner at 1000/1 :confused:
    It does seem a bit more realistic a price to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Not if you're a bookie.
    How would they be able to offer odds of 1000/1. They'd have no Market to base it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Chris Kirkland's family did something similar, £100 at 100/1 when he was 14 or 15 that he'd play for England before he was 30

Link

I wonder do the bookies do a background check on the kid for these sort of bets?

Not if you're a bookie.
    How would they be able to offer odds of 1000/1. They'd have no Market to base it on.
    Same way any odds are offered, the improbability of the outcome.

I don't care how talented a 9 year old he was, the odds are still stacked against him.
    I think most bookies would take that bet from a lads Father tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not too disappointed with that performance from us at all. 2nd goal for Man United came at a really bad time unfortunately but our spirit and fight was great to see.

Obertan was abysmal as usual. Always running down blind alleys instead of crossing when we loaded players in their box. Frustrating.

Cisse looked good as did Tavernier and Shane Ferguson. Pity about the result but I'm pleased with the performance.

Advertisement