Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Good Accountant In The City?

Options
  • 26-09-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Could anyone give me the name/contact details of a good accountant around Cork City? I'm an independent contractor working for a small-ish company, and need to get my affairs in order.

My personal admiration and a large internet cookie to the person who give me the best/any answer.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Are u operating as a sole trader or Ltd company?
    Most of it can be done yourself if ur willing to spend a bit of time at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eastside

You can do a lot yourself, just make sure all your paper work is in order and by just spending a few hours of your time on this will save you in the long run. Alot of accounting practices will talk you out of doing anything yourself and a lot would even charge for meeting you and put it on your final bill.

Check out corkaccountancysolutions.com, the phone number is on the website, it doesn't hurt to give a call and seem to be fairly reasonable price wise. For anybody acting as self employed or sole trader it can seem daunting trying to sort these things out but once you make a start it's fairly straight forward.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep - I was a self employed contractor for years, still have a company on the go.
    Did the majority of the stuff myself, but as it was a Ltd Co needed audited accounts for the CRO so had to get an accountancy firm to do that bit.
    There based in Meath so no help to you I'm afraid.

But I'd be happy to answer any questions

Advertisement