Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to Gorey,Wexford

Options
  • 26-09-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭

Hi,going from Cappawhite way to Kilmuckridge nr Gorey in wexford on fri.
    Trying to figure out the best way,google maps is taking me through Kilkenny which i presume is the shortest,looks like some bad secondry roads.Looking at going to New Ross and back up but may be to much out of the way and also looking at going up the m8 and turning of towards Carlow but maybe looks a bit of driving where somebody will say afterwards"were you mad or what going that way",after the event.Anyone got experience of this drive or whats the best route?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭AlarmBelle

tipptom wrote: »
    Hi,going from Cappawhite way to Kilmuckridge nr Gorey in wexford on fri.
    Trying to figure out the best way,google maps is taking me through Kilkenny which i presume is the shortest,looks like some bad secondry roads.Looking at going to New Ross and back up but may be to much out of the way and also looking at going up the m8 and turning of towards Carlow but maybe looks a bit of driving where somebody will say afterwards"were you mad or what going that way",after the event.Anyone got experience of this drive or whats the best route?.
    what event is on on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

AlarmBelle wrote: »
    what event is on on friday
    No event,just heading down there,got a cheap deal on groupon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

Going by New Ross, pretty straight forward, reasonable road most of the way, even out from Enniscorthy throught Oulart. Only holdup would probably be the bridge in New Ross depending on the time you are travelling. Used to haul out of that area to Clonmel, so would be pretty familiar with the route, and from Cappawhite to Clonmel, probably the worst part of the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

btb wrote: »
    Going by New Ross, pretty straight forward, reasonable road most of the way, even out from Enniscorthy throught Oulart. Only holdup would probably be the bridge in New Ross depending on the time you are travelling. Used to haul out of that area to Clonmel, so would be pretty familiar with the route, and from Cappawhite to Clonmel, probably the worst part of the route.

Or you could go into Wexford town, and up the R741. Used to haul to a warehouse there for a couple of months a few years back. Found the road between New Ross and Enniscorthy a bit of a cnut of a road ( with an artic anyway). The road from New Ross to Wexford is much better.

Thats grand,New Ross it is,dont mind then which one I take after that.How long in time from New ross to kilmuckridge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

It's a while since I was down there, and it was in a loaded artic, but iirc, it was about 3/4 hour from New Ross, give or take.

It's a while since I was down there, and it was in a loaded artic, but iirc, it was about 3/4 hour from New Ross, give or take.
    Thats grand lads,thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

If you can be in New Ross before three to avoid huge delays crossing the bridge!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    If you can be in New Ross before three to avoid huge delays crossing the bridge!
    Oh jeez,tell me about it,had to pick kids up from school,so didnt get to New ross til 5,qs right back up the hill for about 3 miles.Got to small rounabout after about an hour,thought it might have been traffic from ploughing match taking stuff out of it,so it seems like it that way anyway.

Advertisement