Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Will Order iPhone 5 Online On Friday?

• 26-09-2012 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭

I presume Apple's online store will be taking orders for iPhone 5 on Friday morning.

Hoping to secure one early on. Black 16GB :cool:

Are you buying from the online store and how long do you expect to have to wait for delivery?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I presume Apple's online store will be taking orders for iPhone 5 on Friday morning.

Hoping to secure one early on. Black 16GB :cool:

Are you buying from the online store and how long do you expect to have to wait for delivery?

Ill be ordering white 16gb. Was going to get black but all these reports of the black scratching easily have put me off.
    I'm expecting a 2-3 week wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I really hope that Apple have phones already set aside for the first batch of Irish orders, ready for ship within 2-3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I really hope that Apple have phones already set aside for the first batch of Irish orders, ready for ship within 2-3 days.

I hope so too, but not too optimistic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I'll be ordering online. Going for a black 64GB despite the scratching. I assume it'll be sometime after midnight too. Maybe they'll make us wait though until evening time.

First iPhone I ordered online was the 4. That was launch day and from the start it was 2-3 weeks till it ships. This time around it looks to be up to 4 weeks. I'm prepared for the wait though. Don't get your expectations too high. I doubt you'll have it for at least 3 more weeks. Don't think the online store gets allocated stock the way bricks and mortar stores do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Not getting one till around December myself. As the iPhone 5 is a redesign, I expect it to have the same type of manufacturing teething issues we saw on the 3G and 4. Actually, people have already reported problems with the iPhone 5's screen (distortion when screen is touched)and camera (purple haze on photos).

I got burned with a dodgy launch day iPhone 4 (yellow spots on screen) so gonna wait until apple have perfected the manufacturing process for the 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Not getting one till around December myself. As the iPhone 5 is a redesign, I expect it to have the same type of manufacturing teething issues we saw on the 3G and 4. Actually, people have already reported problems with the iPhone 5's screen (distortion when screen is touched)and camera (purple haze on photos).

I got burned with a dodgy launch day iPhone 4 (yellow spots on screen) so gonna wait until apple have perfected the manufacturing process for the 5.

This is why I'll wait until the 5s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Does anybody have any idea what time orders will start tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Does anybody have any idea what time orders will start tomorrow?

I'd say 9am, but no harm checking website after 8.

8am seems the most likely time.

Also, according to Cnet they believe Apple will have stock set aside for the 22 countries where the phone is released in tomorrow.

If you order at 8am you could have the phone next week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

8am seems the most likely time.

Also, according to Cnet they believe Apple will have stock set aside for the 22 countries where the phone is released in tomorrow.

If you order at 8am you could have the phone next week.

This is what ive been sayign for 2 weeks now ;)
    They will have X amount ready for immediate dispatch, and once they are sold, then its one week delivery, 2 weeks delivery etc etc Same happened on the UK store last week.

I was on it at 8.20am and they had some for immediate dispatch, by 9am, it was 2 week delivery notice already!

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    This is what ive been sayign for 2 weeks now ;)
    They will have X amount ready for immediate dispatch, and once they are sold, then its one week delivery, 2 weeks delivery etc etc Same happened on the UK store last week.

I was on it at 8.20am and they had some for immediate dispatch, by 9am, it was 2 week delivery notice already!

I ordered right away on the day of the iPhone 4 launch and it was 3 weeks till dispatch from the first day. What makes you think this time they'll have stock ready and waiting? I hope your right but I don't think they will unfortunately :(

DubDJ wrote: »
    I ordered right away on the day of the iPhone 4 launch and it was 3 weeks till dispatch from the first day. What makes you think this time they'll have stock ready and waiting? I hope your right but I don't think they will unfortunately :(

I was told by the same person that there was a very limited online stock for the first orders. The same guy told me about the stock shortages last week. He lives in cork ;)

kceire wrote: »
    I was told by the same person that there was a very limited online stock for the first orders. The same guy told me about the stock shortages last week. He lives in cork ;)

Unfortunately, "Pre-Ordering" is a bit different. The first batch were always going to be guaranteed delivery on the 21st.

What was the exact message at 8:20 that is now replaced by "3-4 weeks"?

Maybe if we see that in the morning we'll know we will have the phone next week.

OK so it's "tomorrow" in New Zealand. The iPhone 5 has just been released over there. It's 02:37am over there and their online store has gone live with the iPhone 5.

Unfortunately, its a 3-4 week wait. Which could very well mean that Irish customers on the online store will be facing the same wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

OK so it's "tomorrow" in New Zealand. The iPhone 5 has just been released over there. It's 02:37am over there and their online store has gone live with the iPhone 5.

Unfortunately, its a 3-4 week wait. Which could very well mean that Irish customers on the online store will be facing the same wait.

Does that mean they started selling at 12 or literally just started at 2:37?

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Does that mean they started selling at 12 or literally just started at 2:37?

Not sure.

I checked the site at 00:01 and it was still "Coming Soon" so I assumed it wouldn't be available until 08:00.

However, I checked there and saw it was up. Not sure what this means for Ireland. Maybe they sold the first batch already and it's been pushed up to 3-4 weeks but even the US or UK didn't push it out to 3-4 weeks that fast.

I rang Apple and all I got from them was:

"It will be available to order in the morning" - I said "like what, 8am?" He responded with "Yeah.

Then I asked about availability and he said "there will be a wait".

Take from that what you will. He didn't seem very helpful or interested so maybe he doesn't actually know the details.

Again i'd be very surprised if Apple had stock on hand to ship out for Ireland. At the very best I can see iPhones starting to ship 3 weeks after they go on sale tomorrow. Can't imagine we'll get them any sooner.

What was the exact message at 8:20 that is now replaced by "3-4 weeks"?

Maybe if we see that in the morning we'll know we will have the phone next week.

IIRC "In Stock, Ready To Ship" or something along the lines of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Quick one for ye....I'm planning on buying tomorrow but expecting a 3-4 week wait.

My credit card expires at the end of October. Do you know how Apple handles this? So if I order tomorrow I'm guessing I'm not billed until it ships, but what if it ships in October and the credit card they have for me is expired. I don't want to wait 4+ weeks and then find out Apple cancels my order due to an expired card. :confused:

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick one for ye....I'm planning on buying tomorrow but expecting a 3-4 week wait.

My credit card expires at the end of October. Do you know how Apple handles this? So if I order tomorrow I'm guessing I'm not billed until it ships, but what if it ships in October and the credit card they have for me is expired. I don't want to wait 4+ weeks and then find out Apple cancels my order due to an expired card. :confused:

You'll most likely be billed before the end of October. Apple have never went over the shipping estimate they gave me for anything. You'll actually physically have it by the 26th of Oct. at the very latest i'd say. Apple don't bill you till you actually receive the iPhone. I usually get my invoice 2-3 days after receiving anything. I'd say you'll just about make it. And if it does expire they'll probably phone up and ask you to pay over the phone with your new card.

Also as a side note you can pay on the online store with a Laser/Visa Debit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Call Apple's great helpline in ireland - they will advise.

Advertisement