Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Laptop PC World!!!!

Options
  • 26-09-2012 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So I have my Sony Vaio 3 years now and it seems like its on its last legs it has been stuck on system repair for days now and I have tried everything long story short is ever since I bought it I have had problems it constantly overheats and switches off and you cant use it unless its plugged in as it just turns off. Anyway I bought coverplan with the laptop which was €369!!! (I Know) well its been in for repair a few times but the problems don't go away and I have called today to see if I can get it fixed but the coverplan has expired which is frustrating as the cover was for 3 years but the manufacturer covers you for 1 year anyway so I paid €369 for 2 years really. well im a bit upset as I am going to have to pay to get it fixed now when it has had problems all along!!!!!

Just wondering has anyone ever had ongoing problems and had anything resolved? I feel its a bit of a kick in the face as the minute the cover is up the laptop dies :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If the original problem hasn't been fixed then you are entitled to invoke the coverplan to get it fixed. They can't just string you out until the 3 years is up and then tell you to PFO.

But as a general aside, your case is further proof that extended warranties are a total waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

It didn't die as soon as the cover was up. You had problems all along no?

If the repairs didn't fix the problem, or you had constant problems, you should have returned it for replacement. If they didn't do that you should have gone to the small claims courts, (only if they'd tried and failed to repair it a number of times)

Problem is you've stuck with it for 3yrs which suggests it was usable, which weaken your argument a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buddy Love

I Agree it was usable but they kept repairing it and it would be fine for a while and then the problems would start again it was repaired in December and now its gone again worse than ever!! I suppose I just had faith that it was fixed. Its just its not usable now so I should have really insisted on a replacement!!! but usable is not really what ye pay €1149.99 for plus €369 for coverplan :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You needed to that then not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Firblog

I'd say you still have a strong claim, if it had to be repaired a few times in the time you've owned it, then it has a history of mechanical failure, proof that it was poorly manufactured, or poor parts were used.

It costs only €15 to take a case against pcworld in the small claims court, they are responible for selling you shoddy goods and need to sort it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement