Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you looking forward to most in the next generation of consoles?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The next COD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

A proper sequel to Valkyria Chronicles with larger battlefields, more combatants, squad based tactics, more tinkering etc...... *floats off to dream land*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,517 ✭✭✭weisses

Better optimized pc games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A self destruct sequence for online gamers who utter the phrases

"fag noob", "pwned" and other such shíte.

A voice recognition feature recognises these annoying phrases and that console commits suicide and poof, no more irritating **** online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

That_Guy wrote: »

A voice recognition feature recognises these annoying phrases and that console commits suicide and poof, no more irritating **** online.

In my entire gaming career, I have never come across this stuff. I haven't owned a console since the N64 however. Voice communication isn't as prevalent in PC gaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Yea I'm all about the games myself like a few others. As a Netflix subscriber though it's very handy to have it and a few of the TV Player apps on the xbox irrespective of how often I use them. My gaming tv is not hooked up to the skybox so it's great to have the option of watching tv on it. Zune is another feature I've used occasionally for new releases but literally only a handful of times. Still nice to know it's there if I ever do get a hankering to watch the latest blockbuster and have points sitting idle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

i know this would probably never happen but,itunes library sharing compatibilty.It would be amazing if an xbox could automatically share your library via wifi

That_Guy wrote: »

mute ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

This would be quite nice please...
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/09/microsoft-patent-shows-holodeck-style-full-room-immersive-display/:cool:

X Box 360 Projector? / X Box Holodeck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im hoping for a vr headset in some one of the new consoles, would be kick ass, that and bigger more detailed worlds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Reliability, mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Truly next generation hard ware, which will give game dev's a totally new pallet to create visually stunning games. Reliabilty...I went through 3 xbox consoles none replaced under warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Reliability would be nice, but its about as likely as us seeing the Ps4/720 in 2013.

Bargain basement solder & built in planned obsolescence ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Games consoles will cease to exist eventually...
    You will be downloading the "Playstation" and "Xbox" apps to your TV..
    Also I don't think reliability is going to get any better, cheaper, cheaper, cheaper components is what they are after...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

More power (cpu/gpu/ram)
    Bigger better looking games
    Reliability
    1080p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

I want to own the games I buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

Grand Theft Auto: London.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

A colour palette that contains more than just 50 shades of brown! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The previous generation of consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

eddhorse wrote: »
    Also I don't think reliability is going to get any better, cheaper, cheaper, cheaper components is what they are after...

Only because it's what consumers demand. Manufacturers can cut corners, use cheap materials and still sell each unit at a massive loss and consumers still complain about the price.

I'd rather have paid twice as much for my launch PS3 than pay all that money for that and then have to re-buy another one three years later when the original one died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

1. I would like a really good release of Pro Evolution Soccer. The series has been poor since PES 6. I remember playing the series on the PS2 and thinking how good it might be on a new, more powerful console. It never happened, even PES 6 wasn't really an advance on PES 5 apart from good online play over XBox Live.

Probability of it happening? Low, I'd say. I have no faith in Konami. They have consistently failed to deliver after promising so much each year.

I've a couple of friends who work in Konami and they told me six months ago that they were very optimistic that 2014 would be the year when Pro Evo topped FIFA again, with this year's game being written off as the "same old ****".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Only because it's what consumers demand. Manufacturers can cut corners, use cheap materials and still sell each unit at a massive loss and consumers still complain about the price.

I'd rather have paid twice as much for my launch PS3 than pay all that money for that and then have to re-buy another one three years later when the original one died.
    The consoles and probably even the PC are all going to disappear in the next decade or two, it'll all be done through the internet. It will be interesting to see how that effects things. the platforms the games are running on will be servers and it's hard to see how Sony could compete with Microsoft there. There would essentially be no difference using Sony or Microsoft as your gateway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

ScumLord wrote: »
    The consoles and probably even the PC are all going to disappear in the next decade or two, it'll all be done through the internet. It will be interesting to see how that effects things. the platforms the games are running on will be servers and it's hard to see how Sony could compete with Microsoft there. There would essentially be no difference using Sony or Microsoft as your gateway.

God i hope not, can you imagine trying to play a game on an Eircom connection???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

God i hope not, can you imagine trying to play a game on an Eircom connection???
    It couldn't be done on today's connection but when 4G comes in and hopefully google go international with their plans to build a fiber optic network things would change. These companies could stand to make fortunes by dumping their manufacturing overheads while charging people the same prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I would luv if the next gen consoles feature an immersive VR headset like the oculus rift, but I think it won't happen for another generation.

eddhorse wrote: »

well what you have just described is a console built into a tv which is just an xbox or playstation without a disk drive,so consoles won't cease to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

If you think the Onlive model is the future you're mental. It's a niche market for people who can't afford the best available hardware but want to play the newest games.

Serious gamers will always want to own their own tech, that's not going to change. Also you say PC's are going to disappear. How exactly would that work? You need a PC to input controls regardless of where the hardware is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I actually think the next gen will be reliable. The modern cpus and gpus are not nearly as hot as previous generations. I think MS and Sony will have learned some lessons from the mistakes of the past. Perhaps I am an eternal optimist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,546 ✭✭✭✭Varik

it's hard to see how Sony could compete with Microsoft there. There would essentially be no difference using Sony or Microsoft as your gateway.

No competition at all, in that Sony have started already with Gaikai.

• Advertisement
Advertisement