Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibizia 02

Options
  • 26-09-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all

As suggested from the title I have a Seat Ibiza 02 hatchback. I have my NCT test tomorrow and need to turn of the engine warning light. The light is on as the catalythic converter is broke but this is not effecting the running of my car. I passed the texst last time by having the light turned off the car, sadly I've moved and do not know someone who can do it for me, or is there a way I can do it myself?

Thanks in advanced
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Engine management light being on is not an autmatic fail anymore as long as you pass on emissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 noelnoblett

Oh thats fine then, stress and panic over.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

But if the cat is broken, then won't it fail on emissions anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 noelnoblett

jimmyw wrote: »
    But if the cat is broken, then won't it fail on emissions anyway?

Well it didn't fail the last time so hopefully not?

Advertisement