Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed Most Wanted

• 26-09-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭

Just after seeing the Get Wanted trailer, and this looks savage.

A Criterion Game, as they have so blatently told us, this looks like the brilliance that was the first Most Wanted mixed with Criterions inane ability to make excellent driving games. And, along with the brilliant AutoLog, you can now switch cars on the fly, mid chase. Pull up next to another car you want to drive, and drive it! All cars available from the start, you just have to find them. Plus, damage models look damn good.

If it's anything like Burnout Paradise (and lets be honest, it will be), this will be fan-friggen-tastic! Been waiting for another Burnout game since Paradise, and looks like this is it. Probably should rename it Burnout: Need for Speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Very much looking forward to this. One of the only games in the remainder of 2012 that is a Day One purchase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

looks day 1 purchase to me :D

can anyone tell me if its a carrie on from need for speed the run? cause the story ended in that like their was gonna be a number 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Something tells me there won't be a huge story in this one, and it's not a sequel to anything if i'm correct. It has 10 Most Wanted racers to take down, very similar to the first Most Wanted.

I think their main focus was on MP. No lobbies, just start and go.

It's also got a thing called Cloudcompete, which allows you to have the 1 profile on different platforms, ie: have it on the 360 & PC, but ranking up carries from one to the other and vica versa. Excellent move from Criterion, and sure to see the sales double because of this: who doesn't have different friends lists for different platforms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Probably get it anyway but i hope its more Hot Pursuit than original MW add a dash of Burnout and i will be happy :)

According to Criterion, it's not as arcadey as other NFS, but not sim either. I'd imagine a slightly more realistic Paradise. With all the modding options of the first MW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I LOVED the first one, so have been looking forward to this

Just arrived this morning, so will play it later and probably upload a video on it!

Anyone else planning on getting it?

Tallon wrote: »
    Anyone else planning on getting it?

I'll be buying it next Friday for the PS3. Really looking forward to it. Shame it is out on the same day as ACIII. I'm not sure which one I will be playing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

do a bet
    on a fav
    get both :d simples haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I love NFS and Burnout games, and I think this looks like a blast. However, the thing that's really pissing me off (even though I know it's quite trivial) is the name. Most Wanted ain't even ten years old yet. Surely they could have called this Most Wanted 2, or Most Wanted *Insert Sub Sub Title Here* instead?

Game is class!

Soundtrack is awesome, and the car sounds are amazing. Especially in Tunnels etc...

Haven't unlocked much yet, and the online servers are a bit glitchy as they're not public yet, but was playing with a mate there and it's really good craic

Cons would be the EA Multiplayer login. Annoying as usual, and you need an initial code just to go online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What console are you on Tallon? Looking to get this Mon probably

PS3. Feel free to add me PSN: JTallon

It's not out until next Friday I believe

Did you play NFS: HP?

Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This looks class but ended up getting board of Hot Pursuit. Can you mod the cars in this? Looks like it will be best in online mode.

You can unlock upgrades from races etc and as far as I can see, you can mod stuff. Even down to the license plate. But haven't messed with that area yet

Can't wait to get this, it will probably stop me playing AC3!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This looks class but ended up getting board of Hot Pursuit. Can you mod the cars in this? Looks like it will be best in online mode.

HP gets boring indeed. Tallon is this game going to be two player? Or just single player with MP online?

No, it's just 1 player, and 2-8 online

Here's a quick video for anyone interested. Slightly NSFW language :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Getting this on friday for ps3.. looks great..

psn : BAZ171075

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is there private online games?

Sucked not having them last year.

Hilarious commentary Tallon!! The game looks really really good PSN: sparkysrovers

Off to play boring aul Hot Pursuit for a while :(

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Getting this on friday for ps3.. looks great..

psn : BAZ171075

I should be getting it too.

PSN: The40Watt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I should be getting it too.

PSN: The40Watt

good stuff.. will add you later

Yeah it is very good!

Yeah, you can play private games with your friends

Servers are a bit messy at the moment as they're not fully live so haven't tested it extensively yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

What's the soundtrack like? If it's anything like the soundtrack for the 2005 Most Wanted I'll be happy.

Pretty good tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Got it yesterday, first NFS since the original Most Wanted, wasn't a fan of the other versions at all but I got this too for the novelty of seeing my mate's name in the credits.

Haven't played too much but I like it so far, soundtrack is pretty good and looks great at 1080p. Normally in racers I'd have to turn the music off as they were usually muck and consisted of bland indie or tween music that would make me cringe.

But, good grief, I'm rusty at the controls of a racer. I wouldn't mind but I've been playing most of the Burnout games for the past year so my reaction times should be fairly sharp! :pac:

Only thing I'm not fond of is just the 2 camera views you have; Normal chase view and the bumper view. I normally select the bonnet view or one that's a little bit raised from the road as I race a hell of a lot better that way. No big deal, though, as I'll adjust to the bumper view quickly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Anyone on PS3 playing this feel free to add me PSN: hoorhouse.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what file format music should be to get it to work in custom soundtracks on the PS3?
    Anyone on PS3 playing this feel free to add me PSN: hoorhouse.

I'll add you later.

Advertisement