Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Haven't played too much but I like it so far, soundtrack is pretty good and looks great at 1080p.

I know the console versions of this game render at 720p so I take it you have the pc version. I heard you have to apply some kind of patch to run at 1080p on PC though. Is that the case and is it easy to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

tuxy wrote: »
    I know the console versions of this game render at 720p so I take it you have the pc version. I heard you have to apply some kind of patch to run at 1080p on PC though. Is that the case and is it easy to do?

I didn't anyways, installed it, started it up and it was already on 1080p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Version i playing on PC is running at 1080p.

Still 40 quid on g2play so i wont be buying it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I find it annoying that I am constantly signed out of Autolog. I have to keep going into the menu to log back in. I'm playing on PS3. Anyone else having this issue?

Another thing I'm not overly find of is the cops roaming the city. When I first saw the game I thought it was a great idea. But now having played it I realise that the cops are just an annoyance. You're just cruising the city looking for gates, billboards or 'Jack spots' and then you have to avoid the cops after driving dangerously. When are you not driving dangerously in this game?

Those small issues aside I'm enjoying it. The single player races are tough and the multiplayer has been a blast so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I keep getting disconnected from autolog aswell.
    Cops don't bother me. The takedown writing across the screen does as it gets right in the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

The game is about getting away from the police and you're complaining about the police in the game?!

Wtf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

find the car handling very heavy, like no matter what car they turn like a trolley in a river of ****. using 360 pad on win8 and i cant seem to find that right balance to let me drive well.

basically i keep crashing into stupid things that are totally avoidable

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

kaimera wrote: »
    find the car handling very heavy, like no matter what car they turn like a trolley in a river of ****. using 360 pad on win8 and i cant seem to find that right balance to let me drive well.

basically i keep crashing into stupid things that are totally avoidable

Getting input lag? Playing here and no issues at all.

Tallon wrote: »
    The game is about getting away from the police and you're complaining about the police in the game?!

Wtf

It's not all about the cops though. I'm happy trying to avoid them during races. It is great fun during the 'Most Wanted' races. But when you are just exploring the city it would be nice not to have to worry about them. Especially when you are trying to get to the start of a race and you then get the cops attention after you've driven all the way to the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

right. PS3. this is a mess. the game is brill, typical nfs handling and graphics. autolog keeps disconnecting. play single player long enough to get in a pile up and you will freeze. after 4 hours of leveling up, i switch it on today and the game is acknowledging my progress but starts me off at scratch, with the poxy intro that you cant skip. hot pursuit was never this buggy at launch. im really disappointed with this. i was so looking forward to this game. a patch cannot come soon enough. sloppy EA, very sloppy.

• Advertisement

It IS all about the cops!!!

'Most wanted' as in by the police!

Buy nfs underground pr midnight club if you want to drive around!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fun game for a few hours, bored now tbh.

dan hibiki wrote: »
    right. PS3. this is a mess. the game is brill, typical nfs handling and graphics. autolog keeps disconnecting. play single player long enough to get in a pile up and you will freeze. after 4 hours of leveling up, i switch it on today and the game is acknowledging my progress but starts me off at scratch, with the poxy intro that you cant skip. hot pursuit was never this buggy at launch. im really disappointed with this. i was so looking forward to this game. a patch cannot come soon enough. sloppy EA, very sloppy.

That sounds very annoying. I'm playing on PS3 myself and haven't had any of those major issues. I do keep getting logged out of Autolog myself. That is a comment I keep seeing around different forums. Hopefully this is just a teething issue.

Dcully wrote: »
    Fun game for a few hours, bored now tbh.

Have you been playing the multiplayer at all? I think there is a bit of longevity in that mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭opengoal

Great game been playing all weekend, don't usually go for car games but this is great craic. Anyone on Xbox add me please leftyruggiero32.

Getting input lag? Playing here and no issues at all.
    Not sure.

Wifi pad with receiver should be fine. Works for everything else.

Car just don't seem responsive in the turns. Maybe that's the driving model idk but annoying me.

Hardly the res and fps would it? hmm.

Are you drifting? You're supposed to drift most corners, it's not a simulator

Are you drifting? You're supposed to drift most corners, it's not a simulator
    Ah yea I know its not! :P

Prolly not as much as I should - but I should still be able to come out of a drift and not crash into whatever object is there - just seems like the car isnt responsive enough which I would have expected from a non-sim.

I find all the cars very different to each other, maybe that's what you're experiencing?

When you start to upgrade them and play the game more, it should become more responsive

I find all the cars very different to each other, maybe that's what you're experiencing?

When you start to upgrade them and play the game more, it should become more responsive
    Yea could be. I've just been cruising around hitting billboards and finding hotspots.

Only did one MW race and a small handful of car races

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

This is the semi-sequel to Burnout Paradise that I was hoping it would be. Fairhaven feels very much like Paradise City and I'm sure some areas are directly "inspired" by that game. The mp & co-op challenges and races are pretty much exactly the same. This is all good as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, this game really shines when competing with friends for race time, speedcams & billboard jumps, so PSN in my sig, and I'll add folks as they contribute to this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I will have to try and get this - been reading this all weekend, couldnt get to shops as I was working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

James74 wrote: »
    This is the semi-sequel to Burnout Paradise that I was hoping it would be. Fairhaven feels very much like Paradise City and I'm sure some areas are directly "inspired" by that game. The mp & co-op challenges and races are pretty much exactly the same. This is all good as far as I'm concerned.

Haven't really read anything about this but the above now has me very very interested!

I absolutely love Burnout Paradise and have always wanted a sequel. Will have to look into this now!

kinda sucks you gotta do the same races for every car to unlock the same parts for each car.

so far seems pretty handy to get XP to unlock the MW races.

dropped the res to 1080p and she seems better in the corners for me (along with drifting around :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

This game as addictive. I spent about 30 minutes just replaying the same race. It was frustrating and hugely enjoyable when I finally got the high score. The autolog is a great way to keep things competitive with your PSN friends. Add me: thorbarry

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

kaimera wrote: »
    kinda sucks you gotta do the same races for every car to unlock the same parts for each car.

so far seems pretty handy to get XP to unlock the MW races.

Aye, the single player is a bit lacking in variety. They really could have spread out the races a bit more with a lot less repetition on the stock races. There's a lot of the city that doesn't get used in singleplayer.

However (and sorry to hammer a previous point)... the more I play multiplayer, the more I'm reminded of Burnout. Get to a roof top, collectively jump 2000m, takedowns, get to a meeting point, longest drifts etc. EA really have just slapped the NFS badge on Criterion's Burnout follow up. Which we all knew was going to happen, I just didn't think it would be this blatant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 o_drick

James74 wrote: »
    Aye, the single player is a bit lacking in variety. They really could have spread out the races a bit more with a lot less repetition on the stock races. There's a lot of the city that doesn't get used in singleplayer.

However (and sorry to hammer a previous point)... the more I play multiplayer, the more I'm reminded of Burnout. Get to a roof top, collectively jump 2000m, takedowns, get to a meeting point, longest drifts etc. EA really have just slapped the NFS badge on Criterion's Burnout follow up. Which we all knew was going to happen, I just didn't think it would be this blatant.

It's not burnout, while there is a feel of burnout paradise with the open world and challenges and the like it still not a burnout game. The cars are just too different....basically for any burnout players the cars in MW are RaiJins with boost. Still a great game and can see it getting better the more you play and unlock stuff. Burnout Paradise took for ever to learn the map and I'm totally lost in MW but that will change in time.

Personally being a burnout addict I want another burnout with the arcady style cars. Afaik NFS players want their NFS just the way they want it...inbetween Sim and Arcade. Still though, this is a great game and looking forward to playing it for a good while yet...until a new burnout game comes around that is....hopefully

Lots to play with ssx/nfs:mw/BP and halo 4 out the girlfriend is gonna feel like a neglectarino in the next few week :)

few screens from my game a lil while ago. Impreza Cossie sans back tyres.

http://imgur.com/a/K06rM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Where the takedown shows up - is terrible, as I nearly always crash. But then again, everytime I get a new car I almost always crash head on with another car :D

Loving it so far! Even having to repeat the races, doesnt bother me. The cops are seriously tough though once they deploy the SUV's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Have to say that, despite the cluttered and confusing interface as well as the lack of structure, this game is a tonne of fun. Police chases in particular are tough but enjoyable and can be quite epic.

My main problem with the game is that I can't see much reason to change cars. I have a fully upgraded Atom, which I got fairly early on, and I've beaten the first 4 Most Wanted with it. It's just too fast!

Advertisement