Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

The ariel atom is a bloody beast even stock (even more so with a few upgrades)

My goto car for MW races.

Not a huge selection of cars. There's over 120 jackspots but a lot of repeated cars in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The only thing about atom would be the toughness wouldnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Mc Love wrote: »
    The only thing about atom would be the toughness wouldnt it?

True. Switching chassis/body for certain events helps but even still it seems like you explode if you even brush off another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm finding the events were you have to evade the cops to be almost impossible. Very frustrating.

I'm finding the events were you have to evade the cops to be almost impossible. Very frustrating.

Did you do the one with the Ford Pickup? Deadly impossible

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Did you do the one with the Ford Pickup? Deadly impossible

Found a place where you can dodge the cops. Its on an elevated part of railway. I am sure you could use the other bridges too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

$20 on Amazon today for PC download

yoink

Awesome game:)

But somehow i dont think i was meant to park here :confused:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/NFS13%202012-11-25%2020-26-49-21.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Awesome game:)

But somehow i dont think i was meant to park here :confused:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/NFS13%202012-11-25%2020-26-49-21.jpg

that is my favorite car at the moment beat 6 of the most wanted up to 3 :)

Its definitely one of the best all round cars - found the marussia car the other day seriously quick!

Uploaded this after I evaded the level 10 most wanted level - really funny seeing the AI go through the tyre strip and getting frustrated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

50 cars
    10 MW cars
    2 MP cars

and some pre-release ones.

hmm...have most of the 50 and just have to beat the #1 MW.

the damn vettes with the spike strips are a **** on higher levels. BAM right in front of me :(

kaimera wrote: »
    the damn vettes with the spike strips are a **** on higher levels. BAM right in front of me :(

Maybe pick your favourite car and get first in all its events. That will unlock re-inflating tyres so you don't need to worry about spike strips.

65 Jack Spots.

Not sure how many cars that is (only driven 3 or something) and onto no 5 in the MW list.

Took me awhile to figure out to lose the police quickly ie hide rather than try to outrun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I think its really good so far,
    The last NFS I played was Undercover and the awful Prostreet before it so its much better than those.
    The cop ambush and speed target events are really hard to do I can only get bronze in them,

What cars are people using? I'm using the Ariel Atom 500 and BAC Mono now which are fast but hard to control at high speeds and easy to crash,

SLS AMG 65

Pretty much all of the time have all mods unlocked for it.

Easy: You can crash 4 times and win.
    Medium: 2 crashes
    Hard: 1 crash only if your in 1st.

The Rubber Banding is annoying in the MW races. Worse when you take them down and can see them on the mini map doing 500 MPH to catch you. Only gripe with it atm oh that and playing online with randomers.......sigh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

If it didn't have rubberbanding then the game would get pretty boring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Why was the original removed from PSN :(

Beekay wrote: »
    If it didn't have rubberbanding then the game would get pretty boring!

Not really, if your car can go 250 and maybe extra 30 with with Noz. A faster car should catch you over time if he doesnt crash. Letting them cheat to catch you defeats defeating them.

I take them down early and try to build a lead for my inevitable crash, sucks that they are going to be right behind me regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

got the oul platinum today.. BOOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Picked this up today for ps3 in hmv for 24.99. Can't go wrong with that price! looking forward to giving it a lash. Add me on psn sheehy83.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Got it for Xbox 360 myself, have 90 people on the friends list and not one of them has it! Any Xbox guys looking for times to beat and billboards to smash feel free to add, GT is the same as username.

Enjoying the game! Pimped out the Marussia B2 and am destroying everything with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Got it for Xbox 360 myself, have 90 people on the friends list and not one of them has it! Any Xbox guys looking for times to beat and billboards to smash feel free to add, GT is the same as username.

Enjoying the game! Pimped out the Marussia B2 and am destroying everything with it.

i shall add you soon mate waiting for me new xbox to arrive and the game with it :) hopefully tomorrow :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Added you there Mikey. I've shutdown all the most wanted cars so you should have times to aim for for a good few races. My times aren't great, so enjoy hammering them.

I have to say, I've really enjoyed this NFS. It is a really excellent game. I enjoyed Hot Pursuit and the original Most Wanted, but not half as much as this. All the races are addictive, the speed cameras are a nice addition, and the billboard stuff is great when you have a few people's jumps to beat.

I think I'll probably 100% it, which I rarely do with games, but absolutely nothing in this one feels like a chore to do.

So glad I picked this up, great laugh! One question though. I just got over 60k points and was about to challenge no 10 when I noticed I was the only person on my speed wall. I connected to autolog and then even tho my points were showing as 60k, the game treated me like I was back at 1800. Anyway way to go back to my 60k without signing out of psn?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Spent a few hours with this, and its the Burnout Paradise 2 I always wanted.

Found my beloved Viper GTS and not looking back! Wish you could choose a paint job instead of getting a random one. The cop chases are class, love how it's not just flat out speed but you have to hide in alley ways. Had some tense chases where I'm hiding in the shadows hoping the blue arrow passes me out and then I see the mini map flashing red and mayhem ensues.

I just read this morning that you can turn off your engine by pressing Left Stick and it drops your heat in cooldown much faster.

Wow thats a good tip S83 - should have bought it sooner and I would have known!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just read this morning that you can turn off your engine by pressing Left Stick and it drops your heat in cooldown much faster.

Cool. I must try that next time I get around to play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got it for christmas and loving it! I'm a big fan of the NFS games (bar the odd one or two, ProStreet I'm looking at you). I'm about halfway through at the moment so hopefully should have it finished by next week. Looking for more people to add to my speedwall so if you're on 360 add me. Gamertag is AtavanHalen88

• Advertisement

Atavan are you PSN?

What does everyone consider to be the fastest car when modded?

Advertisement