Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed Most Wanted

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mc Love wrote: »
    Atavan are you PSN?

What does everyone consider to be the fastest car when modded?

No, I'm on Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This is still such a great game - have been playing the last two or three days non stop. trying to get gold for all my cars and trying to beat some of the times posted out there by others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah I'm still playing it. Think I'm one NFS Friend away from the achievement on Xbox so anyone who wants a few times to beat, feel free to add me. GT is the same as username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm still playing it. Think I'm one NFS Friend away from the achievement on Xbox so anyone who wants a few times to beat, feel free to add me. GT is the same as username.

Added you there.

Must play it again and maybe go for gold on all the cars and do a bit of the online stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Picked this up as my free origin game for the simcity debacle, played for about 2 hours last night and had a blast driving around hitting billboards and finding cars, am yet to hit up multiplayer yet as have virtually no upgrades for my cars but might give it a try tonight.

Anyway anyone still active on origin add me name is VinLieger

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll add you tonight, I've been enjoying this too, was on my "I'll get around to picking that up in a sale" list, so great to get a free copy. Just gotta get my XBox controller hooked up and working, keyboard play makes baby jebus cry.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'll add you tonight, I've been enjoying this too, was on my "I'll get around to picking that up in a sale" list, so great to get a free copy. Just gotta get my XBox controller hooked up and working, keyboard play makes baby jebus cry.

Im on a wired xbox controller found theres a small bit of input lag either that or im just not used to the cars, but i have noticed in the menus scrolling down is incredibly sensitive compared to scrolling up so there may be something wrong somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

VinLieger wrote: »
    Im on a wired xbox controller found theres a small bit of input lag either that or im just not used to the cars, but i have noticed in the menus scrolling down is incredibly sensitive compared to scrolling up so there may be something wrong somewhere
    I have a wireless controller and i also experience lag
    seems to be affecting all nfs games lately

twinsen wrote: »

Apparently going into the config files and locking the fps to 30 fixes things gonna give it a go later, but if i dont like the 30fps ill just switch back and learn to deal with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thinking of getting this with the "free game" option; would get more enjoyment from it. Will look at SimCity again when I finish t :P

May hook up the Playstation 1 controls to the PC, and see if it plays better than keyboard? Have alwayws raced with the keyboard, but may see if it's any better with a controller.
    twinsen wrote: »
    Google gives you a fix;
    It appears that EA have included dampening to smooth out the steering in the game, however this has greatly reduced the responsiveness of the steering. If you go into the Shift 2 files on the C: Drive and go Controller Defaults > PC > vehicleset_pc_custom_pad.

Edit DampeningEnabled="1" string to "0" in vehicleset_pc_custom_pad.xml
    Seems it has worked for lots of people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

A gamepad would be the bare minimum of what you'd want there alright. It makes it a heck of a lot easier to handle the driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Regarding the input lag, I tried the config file trick and found it was already applied. I managed to fix, or at least greatly reduce, the lag by lowering my res to 1080p.

Even though the game was running perfectly at 30fps on the higher res, lowering it to 1080p fixed the input lag. I can't really explain it. I've also seen turning off high res textures as a possible fix, but I didn't have to do that,

So, got this last night. The cops AI is slightly better, but I had to nudge them a few times, and go back to them when I lost them, but after a while, it was fun. Got caught whilst switching to a new car :/

An unedited video;

the_syco wrote: »
    So, got this last night. The cops AI is slightly better, but I had to nudge them a few times, and go back to them when I lost them, but after a while, it was fun. Got caught whilst switching to a new car :/

An unedited video;

Awesome havent found the Atom yet but really liking the little audi sportclub, really maneurable great acceleration and just plain fun even if its top speed isnt up there, makes police chases a good laugh.
    That and the old porsche 911 which i ended up in the mountains with on a chase, was the first time the game"clicked" as i was driftng corners with cops right on my tail and avoiding cars and obstacles like nobodies business, deffinitely my favorite moment so far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its a fun game for about 2 hours then its soooo repetitive.

Dcully wrote: »

Have you tried multiplayer yet? Sooo much more to do

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Atom is fun. A lot of fun :)

Dcully wrote: »
    What's your longest level 4 police chase? :pac:

=-=

Does anyone know where I can find the Playstation control default mappings?

Got the default mappings, and finding the cops AI good. A LOT better than the last Need for Speed game that I played. Another video, this time with some commentary;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Anyone using a steering wheel to play this? Thinking of getting one as I want the full feeling of proper driving and this game looks like it could be fun as **** with a steering wheel.

• Advertisement

Just got the Merc SL 65 and its a blast, the gallardo isnt too bad either, no sign of getting bored of this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Got this game a few weeks ago 2nd hand and am loving it. It is like Burnout with licenced cars.

Just one question, when I play multiplayer, being a 2nd hand game the code has already been used and does not register. I have very limited cars online (Focus, Jaguar, Landeover) and wonder if this is related to not having a on-line code. Do you have to earn achievements on-line to get better cars or buy the code for on-line play (€9.99)?

Plascebo wrote: »
    Got this game a few weeks ago 2nd hand and am loving it. It is like Burnout with licenced cars.

Just one question, when I play multiplayer, being a 2nd hand game the code has already been used and does not register. I have very limited cars online (Focus, Jaguar, Landeover) and wonder if this is related to not having a on-line code. Do you have to earn achievements on-line to get better cars or buy the code for on-line play (€9.99)?

Not sure about the online code thing but you do need to level up to get access to better cars in multiplayer, this can be done in singleplayer or multiplayer though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's even more fun when the cops take out all your tires.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it is £15 (and eligible for free delivery) from Amazon, bargain!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Need-Speed-Most-Wanted-PS3/dp/B009WNVARI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364643592&sr=8-2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hooked up my G25 wheel and pedals , my son is having a blast with it,although no option for manual gears is retarded then again it is an arcade racer.
    Im more into simulators myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone notice that the car they drive changes colour when driving it. I noticed it driving the 911 Carrera S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Did you drive through one of those spray shops?

Advertisement