Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defending in latest FIFA Games (12+13)

Options
  • 26-09-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Since FIFA 12 you now of course have two options of defending: tactical and legacy. Since I've played Pro Evo series for years and the later incarnations of FIFA (up to 12) I am well used to legacy defending but just can't get my head around tactical defending as I guess I'm just too used to holding down a button and pressing the players into submission.

I absouloutly hated it and it turned me off FIFA 12 (plus the newer Pro Evos) so I still play FIFA 11 on PC. Playing the FIFA 13 demo, I really want to give the new defending a go though as this seems to the norm for all footy games but I'm finding the CPU just seems to walk around me sometimes while other times I can defend OK. It just not consistant enough to what I'm used to.

Has there been much change between FIFA 12 and 13 defending wise or would previous tips still apply? I'm looking forward to testing out new training games in 13 as I'm hoping this may give me few pointers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The defending is not awfully different in Fifa 13 from 12 once you get the hang of it. Personally, I much prefer the tactical defending. Holding down one button just didn't do it for me

Well worth giving it a go anyway

Advertisement