Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget PCI-E Sund Card

Options
  • 26-09-2012 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Well my motherboard dun goofed it and now long story short the onboard audio no longer works, pretty much tried everything and I've came to the conclusion that it's f**ked, I was forced to change to HDMI for now so i can use my GPU's sound, a temporary fix since i can use my mic for now =/.
    I'm not much of an audiophile at all since onboard audio has alwaysed been more then enough for myself so I'm trying to get a pci-e soundcard for under €50 so what would be my best options?
    Be ordering Monday.

Edit: Was looking at this:

http://www.dabs.ie/products/creative-soundblaster-x-fi-xtreme-audio-pci-express-oem-752X.html?refs=4294945522&src=3

But since I've never bothered with sound card I wouldn't know if it be any good or not or if there are better options at the same price range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If you had a PCI slot, they're much cheaper.

Also, if you have a newish graphics card, many have integrated sound. You'd probably need to get some kind of a splitter though unless you use HDMI which could end up being the price of the sound card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

don't have any pci slots, the only one i have is taken by my wifi card and i'm using the hdmi's audio atm (my card is a 6950 btw) but i need the hdmi slot back eventually for my xbox plus i cant use my headset's mic with hdmi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

there's the ASUS Xonar DGX that's PCIe that's reasonably priced.

otherwise, a cheapo USB one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

As Tea_bag said, Asus Xonar DGX for 26 Stg. on amazon. I got a Xonar DX for €67 lately off amazon.de, great card worth a look as well-might get it for less if you shop about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

okay so what would be the major difference between the Xonar DGX and the SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme? apart from the fact that thw Xonar is 5.1 and the SoundBlaster is 7.1

• Advertisement
Advertisement