Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random words from Strangers

• 26-09-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I gave directions to this random person, & his reply was to sing the words 'closer my God to thee' to me :eek: .

Yeah okay Thanks but I'm not quite in that place right now :o

What's the strangest thing a random stranger has said or sang to you, for no reason :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Look down, in my hand ? Its my knife ... 'gimme your wallet'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

"you there, in the bushes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Close tie between "Don't worry, I'm not going to stab you" and "You're worse than Hitler".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

is that a AAA battery in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

or

Who are you and why are you wearing my lingerie?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

About fifteen years ago, walking down Blackpool in Cork, about 1 a.m. In the morning. This is when I had the long hair and whole rock look.

So I'm walking home on the phone and theres a random drunk walking towards me. As he stumbles past he goes 'uhhh megadeth'!

Okay so thanks buddy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

hjcj lkfcsol rdxrt p;olcf

Couldn't understand a word of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

"Here is a leaflet for LIFE a crisis pregnancy orginisation, take it in case you ever get pregnant unexpectedly"

I'm a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

GarIT wrote: »
    I'm a man.

A pregnant man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Hello daddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I gave directions to this random person, & his reply was to sing the words 'closer my God to thee' to me :eek: .

Yeah okay Thanks but I'm not quite in that place right now :o

What's the strangest thing a random stranger has said or sang to you, for no reason :)

Broad daylight this kinda hot, but somehow unhinged looking chick walked up to me and simply said "I want to have sex with you" and then just kept walking without even stopping.

Very weird. VERY weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Broad daylight this kinda hot, but somehow unhinged looking chick walked up to me and simply said "I want to have sex with you" and then just kept walking without even stopping.

Very weird. VERY weird.

You were meant to follow her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

I was in Tesco on a Thursday evening during the summer looking at the magazines and some young lad who I think had ADHD came over and hugged me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

GarIT wrote: »
    "Here is a leaflet for LIFE a crisis pregnancy orginisation, take it in case you ever get pregnant unexpectedly"

I'm a man.

Which means that if you did get pregnant, it would definitely be unexpected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

I was sitting outside a pub at about 8pm on a summers evening a few summers ago. A hot black girl walked by and I checked her out. Some random man in his 40's walking in the opposite direction to her, saw me check her out and as he walked by me he turned and said, " Go on ya boyo, shur it's all pink on the inside".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Unlimited Bacon

"You're so fat, your belt size is the equator."

I'm not even fat. :confused:

Sufficient levels of crazy negate any level of hot in my book. Alos....ewww random stranger on the street ?? no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

A homeless man told me I look like Bono (I don't).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

Junkie on Eden Quay today, "I don't feckin' like instant coffee, it's bleedin' mank."

"Are you trying to edit someone else's post?"

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

They weren't random words, they were Bruce sprinsteen lyrics but he was definitely strange.

.. still; been in stranger dole queues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I was looking at a college noticeboard back in the day, considering attending the life drawing class that was advertised by the art society. This guy stood next to me and asked me if I was looking at a different poster (one with the caption 'Why did Jesus die for MY sins?')

I don't remember the ins and outs of the conversation but he went on a little spiel that I was too amused to try stop. He tried telling me how I am currently locked in a life of sin, drinking every day (due to work I had a **** social life in college, so no to this) taking drugs (never have) having sex all the time (ha!) and how Jesus loves me anyway. He told me I come from a broken home and my father was an alcoholic (I don't and he's not) and how I should allow Jesus to shoulder the burden for me.

It went on for quite a while before I couldn't help but laugh my ass off and walk away. I saw him 2 weeks later on the bus- he had made a new lady friend and they sat downstairs singing hymns for the entire journey.

F.ucking nutjob :rolleyes:

I don't understand? What does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

bluewolf wrote: »
    I don't understand? What does that mean?

I don't quite know myself. They asked me for directions and I gave them. Normally people say thanks afterward, but this guy decided to sing to me and sang the words 'Nearer my God to thee'. Why so? :confused: I don't know myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Walking out of the library one day and some man came over to me and invited me to his birthday party, told me I had lovely eyes and gave me his phone number. Yeahhhh I got out of that one fast enough. :)

Also, walking down the street one night and some middle aged man came over to me, we were chatting away for a good 10 minutes cuz I didn't wanna be impolite and walk away, and he told me to find a fella with a nice car, who'd treat me with respect, a bit of money and some class. It was some random conversation, alright... :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

A long time ago I was in Brighton on business and was walking down the town when this huge American Mack truck comes rumbling down the narrow street , driven by Chris Eubank (think he was world champion at the time - It was around the time of his big rivalry with Nigel Benn).

Eubank was sounding the big air horn - pulling the chain and waving at everybody..Not many people were waving back to be perfectly honest ;)

Just as he came past where I was , I spotted a homeless guy asleep in a doorway beside me.. At that moment , the homeless guy woke from his stupor - looked up at the truck and screamed "Eubank...You TOSSER!!!" and then promptly fell back asleep!!

Still makes me smile 17 or 18 years later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

When I was walking home one afternoon when I lived in London in the 80s. This black chap walked passed me and said, "Have you got a bandage, love, I've just been stabbed." By the time I'd processed what he'd said and turned around he was running off down the street clutching his stomach area and the pavement from the direction he'd come and gone in had huge splatters of blood on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I don't quite know myself. They asked me for directions and I gave them. Normally people say thanks afterward, but this guy decided to sing to me and sang the words 'Nearer my God to thee'. Why so? :confused: I don't know myself.
    I know a guy like that. He converses through the medium of Big Tom songs.

Ask him 'how are you?' and he replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Where To wrote: »
    hjcj lkfcsol rdxrt p;olcf

Couldn't understand a word of it.

It was Swahili. He was asking for a taxi to O'Connell street.

Just not into the bushes. That would be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Oul bloke came up to me in the Garden of Rememberance and gave me a flower he picked because it was beautiful, like me (his opinion not mine!) and then told me about his family who were from the North but run out of their hometown for being Catholic, his mother died from the stress/ heartbreak. He told me to "never lose my roots." Strange encounter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I was walking home in the snow one morning and this crazy old man told me I should get a nice blonde and go home and get into bed with her.

Maybe he wasn't so crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

"Fathers day comes around more then you do"

"You look like an asshole"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

Years ago when I was a kid was out on a walk with my friend and her Dad. Car stops + asks directions to Fairy Hill, Blackrock. Friend's Dad says "No Prob, you just drive on down there a bit, take a left turn when you get to the Leprechaun Junction, take the 2nd right after the Fairy Mushroom Pub and you'll see it there on the corner!

Priceless!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Ooh one time we were going on a school trip in 6th year, it was about 30 minutes walking so away we went.
    Walking along, a car pulls up beside a few of us and some man leans out and asked did we want to get in for some chocolate and sweets. Went and told the teacher and all she could say was "Maybe he works in the Cadbury factory, give him the benefit of the doubt". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Was buying a few groceries (absolutely nothing unusual or out of the ordinary) in Dunnes once on Georges' Street Dublin. Fella in his twenties came over to my trolley had a look at my bread,milk etc. Then he looks at me and goes "Hey, Hey, Hey!!!!!!!", gives me a wink and strolls off out of the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

is that a AAA battery in your pocket or are you just happy to see me

Are you a vole?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Once when I was minding my own business walking down the street, a homeless guy shouted at me to tell me that I'm not all that and that I look like a cemetery.

15 mins ago some girl just shouted at me 'Here do ya want a Turkish delight' right after her drunk boyfriend/scumbag damn near walked into me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Tonight some girls in a car park shouted at me that I had a nice car and a nice ass. I felt like an object.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

what are you looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 ehmjay

Tonight some girls in a car park shouted at me that I had a nice car and a nice ass. I felt like an object.
    A chuffed object.

Walking through town and got the random ass-slap from girl in school uniform with her mate. Put me in great form. I felt like a 30 year old maths teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Once I was standing outside a shop waiting for my family, and this man came up to me and said I would love to have a picture of the way you were just looking into the distance, not in a creepy way though, and then just walked off :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SandyRamp

Was in the supermarket with my brother, he was hungover, unshaven and generally looked a wreck. This huge guy with french manicured nails walked past him and says "Hello beautiful...". Funniest part was my bro thought the guy said "Hello pedophile" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I was once sitting on a wall having a drink of orange when a teenager came up to me and said "can you read?". I replied "yes". He then handed me his mobile and said "what does that say?".

I knew he was playing some stupid joke on me but I thought if I just read out whatever was on the phone he might piss off and leave me in peace. I read it out loud and he had written "are you a virgin?". He said "are you serious?" and his friend went into stitches laughing. After a few seconds I realised that I had been wrong about him leaving me in peace so I got up off and walked off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Old guy stopped me one day and asked "how many sides does a football have?"

I said "0, it's a sphere..."

He said "No, it has 2! Inside and outside!"

then he wandered off :)

Advertisement