Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Size

Options
  • 26-09-2012 6:50pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I haven't bought a monitor in a long time and I'm not sure what to opt for, particularly in terms of size. What do people on here have?

I'd also be interested in the models that people think are best. Is there rough consensus on the best options for low, mid and high end budgets?

What Size Is Your Monitor? 13 votes

Below 22"
    0% 0 votes
    22"
    7% 1 vote
    23"
    38% 5 votes
    24"
    30% 4 votes
    25"
    23% 3 votes
    Above 25"
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have an iiyama 27", they're pretty cheap, around the €200-€250. It's probably not the best for colour reproduction but it's got a nippy enough refresh rate and if you don't know any better your not going to notice the difference.

It's beside a 19" Samsung syncmaster and there's no noticeable difference however I calibrate my monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

i say go for a 24", a decent one would only cost €150 these days and it seems to be everyone elses choice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

thinly veiled epeen thread.

actually, I'm quite surprised how many are above 25".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

32"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I've been using a 23'' for a while now. Seemed huge at the time, but of course it's not that different now. Before that, a 19'' one seemed ridiculous and before that a 17'' one seemed big.

I certainly wouldn't be bothered going below 22'' unless it's for a laptop. If you have a reasonable amount of money, you should invest in an IPS panel or a 120Hz one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    thinly veiled epeen thread.

actually, I'm quite surprised how many are above 25".

Includes people using larger TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

27" (x3), wanted 24" initially, but because I wanted 120Hz the choice was limited and got a decent price on the 27's so went for them. Getting blinder with age, so I appreciate the visual real estate a bit more anyway :).

Advertisement