Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Desire S free-6 months contract @40pm on o2

• 26-09-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Just saw that the HTC Desire S(blue) is free on o2 website with their 6 month contract at 40 euro pm.

Considering purchasing this, anyone here have the phone think this is a good deal?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I have it and I have to say its biggest asset is battery life. I'm running CyanogenMod 10 instead of the stock ROM that comes with the phone and I can get 2 days easily out of my battery with general usage whereas most other people I know with a smartphone need to charge theirs at least once a day some more with very similar usage.

If I didn't have it would I buy it now? No but not because its a bad phone or I hate, I actually love it, but because I would prefer the Nexus experience.

Spec wise it is very good and very capable of doing everything the current generation of phones can the only downside is HTC's abysmal update policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

I'll be honest. Its an old phone in mobile phone terms. Its a 2011 model which is just a small refresh of the HTC Desire from 2010.
    It has the same CPU with slightly updated GPU from the 2010 HTC Desire, which is antiquated these days.
    Its wouldn't be a patch on the Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation.

If your happy with that, then fire ahead and get the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

ongarite wrote: »
    I'll be honest. Its an old phone in mobile phone terms. Its a 2011 model which is just a small refresh of the HTC Desire from 2010.
    It has the same CPU with slightly updated GPU from the 2010 HTC Desire, which is antiquated these days.
    Its wouldn't be a patch on the Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation.

If your happy with that, then fire ahead and get the phone.

I know it would be 'old' in terms of the Technology these days but the price is the most appealing to me. SG2 are still 300 odd on prepay and this would have a bit of credit for 6 months.I might wait it out

Advertisement