Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

staffroom bust-ups

• 26-09-2012 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Was a deadly one today, two lads list the rag completely. Very funny, very childish. We think the kids are bad.

Made the day shorter, mildly entertaining.

Had one myself a few years ago, wasn't good but there was a long history behind it and it came to a head. I gained nothing from it I must say, either did the other party.

I think overall they are bad. They have a potential to divide staffrooms I'd say. Our staffroom has no clicks, no gangs. Maybe that's why we have the rows cos we're stuck with the people wed rather no be with? I don't know...

So have you had one? Witnessed one? Started one and exited stage left? Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

I've never been involved in one, but I witnessed one once. It was centred allegations towards the daughter of one of the parties involved. Highly entertaining as the blowout took place. However, I found the fallout incredibly negative - especially as they were both in my department. All subject meetings were tension laden after that, let me tell you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Ah there was one a year or two ago between a couple of lads - makes the day pass a bit quicker.
    No actual blows being thrown; just the usual lower middle class frustrations and impotences coming to a head.
    So very little time to sit in the staff room these days so unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

We've had some blow ups.....a big one every other year or so- but they're usually near the end of the year when tensions are high and it doesn't take much to light a short fuse. While its a bit entertaining when you're just an onlooker it really creates bad feeling so thankfully it doesn't happen too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jasonpat

Everyone in the world are with the kids and lots of them are not happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

jasonpat wrote: »
    Everyone in the world are with the kids and lots of them are not happy with them.

Ya Wha?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Armelodie wrote: »
    jasonpat wrote: »

Ya Wha?

Do you not agree?

Advertisement