Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off The Ball Official Thread <Mod Note - Post #1, #533, #6651>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Ger gilroy proving again, that he's the biggest as$hhhole in Ireland.

Is there anyone that likes him? Seriously, please explain one or two positives about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Thelonious is too clever for the savage games. Cultural self loathing. As my father used to say of the barflies in my local town, there's nothing as depressing as those who advertise their own ignorance. Personally, I think the only thing I find as depressing as gormless old GAA men who hate 'soccer' with a passion is the devout football men who look down their noses at GAA.

Isn't there a happy medium? Someone who likes one or the other but isn't a fan of the other without having to be tagged as self loathing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Thelonious is too clever for the savage games. Cultural self loathing. As my father used to say of the barflies in my local town, there's nothing as depressing as those who advertise their own ignorance. Personally, I think the only thing I find as depressing as gormless old GAA men who hate 'soccer' with a passion is the devout football men who look down their noses at GAA.

And both of these narrow minded bores to be topped by the rugby snob who looks down with disdain on the countries two biggest sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

But I like loads of "culchie" broadcasters, just your man does my head in.
    Isn't Dublin the GAA cup champions now or something anyway? Surely it's big here too.

The fact you said 'GAA cup champions' means that you are being deliberately obtuse. You sound like one of those blinkered anti GAA Irish Soccer fellas which boils down to jealousy of the GAA.

A LOI supporter would be aware of the overlap between the GAA and the league.
    Kevin Moran, Kevin Doyle, Shane Long, Michael Donnellan, Jason Sherlock and Shane Cake Curran etc

Were you a regular LOI supporter pre covid ? Because being such a soccer man people would think you should be.

Or are you one of those who just follows the English Premier League and says 'we' for one of their teams. Plus follows the ROI because the players play in England? A plastic Irish soccer man? The hypocrite who has no interest or laughs at the LOI.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The fact you said 'GAA cup champions' means that you are being deliberately obtuse. You sound like one of those blinkered anti GAA Irish Soccer fella which boils down to jealousy of the GAA.

A LOI supporter would be aware of the overlap between the GAA and the league.
    Kevin Moran, Kevin Doyle, Shane Long, Michael Donnellan, Jason Sherlock and Shane Cake Curran etc

Were you a regular LOI supporter pre covid ? Because being such a soccer man people would think you should be.

Or are you one of those who just follows the English Premier League and says 'we' for one of their teams. Plus follows the ROI because the players play in England? A plastic Irish soccer man?

I only go to Bohs games on and off for nearly 40 years, and have been to many Ireland games over the years. This is what people don't get, Bohemians and that area and being brought there by my uncle and Dad is what my culture is, so when people say I'm cringeing at my own culture or something when it comes to GAA, well it just feels like nothing to do with me, I was never involved with it or understood it. It's not my culture anyway.
    When I lived in London I went to see about 10 different clubs but I'm not a die hard soccer fan or anything, I just don't like GAA, but people seem to be offended by that.

I only go to Bohs games on and off for nearly 40 years, and have been to many Ireland games over the years. This is what people don't get, Bohemians and that area and being brought there by my uncle and Dad is what my culture is, so when people say I'm cringeing at my own culture or something when it comes to GAA, well it just feels like nothing to do with me, I was never involved with it or understood it. It's not my culture anyway.
    When I lived in London I went to see about 10 different clubs but I'm not a die hard soccer fan or anything, I just don't like GAA, but people seem to be offended by that.

Explains a lot. You are only a halfhearted Irish soccer man when it comes down to it. Bohs 'off and on'. Yet you describe it as your 'culture'.
    It is not the fact you don't like the GAA, that people think that makes you sound bitter.
    It is the fact you seem to go out of the way to denigrate it that would wind people up. You know exactly what you are doing.

Ok fair enough, having lived in England you may identify more with them. No problem with that. But you seem to go out of your way to denigrate others who like the GAA. Or are involved with it.

For such a 'cultured man' who likes an American jazz man and fancy craft beers.
    Would you not think your horizons are rather narrow when it comes down to it?
    As you seem to go out of your way to distance yourself from the GAA (and disparage it) all for the sake of an air of sophistication and sounding superior.

A real sports fan would appreciate the passion fans/pundits show to sports they have no interest in. Not go out of their way to denigrate it.

I find anyone who has to denigrate other sports normally have underlying issues. Added to a narrow viewpoint and horizon.

You would think after 40 odd years? You would have grown out of such behaviour? It will give you ulcers.
    Having such a hatred and belittling attitude for something as benign as a sporting organisation, like the GAA, is irrational and childish.

Explains a lot. You are only a halfhearted Irish soccer man when it comes down to it. Bohs 'off and on'. Yet you describe it as your 'culture'.
    It is not the fact you don't like the GAA, that people think that makes you sound bitter.
    It is the fact you seem to go out of the way to denigrate it that would wind people up. You know exactly what you are doing.

Ok fair enough, having lived in England you may identify more with them. No problem with that. But you seem to go out of your way to denigrate others who like the GAA. Or are involved with it.

For such a 'cultured man' who likes an American jazz man and fancy craft beers.
    Would you not think your horizons are rather narrow when it comes down to it?
    As you seem to go out of your way to distance yourself from the GAA (and disparage it) all for the sake of an air of sophistication and sounding superior.

A real sports fan would appreciate the passion fans/pundits show to sports they have no interest in. Not go out of their way to denigrate it.

I find anyone who has to denigrate other sports normally have underlying issues. Added to a narrow viewpoint and horizon.

You would think after 40 odd years? You would have grown out of such behaviour? It will give you ulcers.
    Having such a hatred and belittling attitude for something as benign as a sporting organisation, like the GAA, is irrational and childish.

Do I like fancy craft beers? Not particularly. I would usually drink Guinness when pubs are open.
    If I'm not a real sports fan I couldn't care less, I watch most sports casually, whatever that makes me. Such a hatred is a stretch, I just ignore it as best I can, but when your man comes on the radio I have to turn him off as he grates on me. That was my only point.
    I seem to have gotten under your skin though for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Ger gilroy proving again, that he's the biggest as$hhhole in Ireland.

Is there anyone that likes him? Seriously, please explain one or two positives about him.
    • He has brought OTB from a fledgling weekend show to a multi-platform 7 day a week and special events standalone company.
    • He is knowledgeable on most sports.
    • He is a reasonable interviewer, not the best, but far from the worst.
    • He's views or questions are interesting and create interesting discussions with guests even if you disagree with them.

At this point, I think some people have just got in their head that they hate him and that probably isn't going to change but he does his job very well.

Do I like fancy craft beers? Not particularly. I would usually drink Guinness when pubs are open.
    If I'm not a real sports fan I couldn't care less, I watch most sports casually, whatever that makes me. Such a hatred is a stretch, I just ignore it as best I can, but when your man comes on the radio I have to turn him off as he grates on me. That was my only point.
    I seem to have gotten under your skin though for some reason.

Under my skin? Not all I am just pointing out I can see through you. Styling yourself as the erudite cultured jazz man. On the one hand defending your 'culture' of supporting Bohs. Yet on closer inspection seemed to be luke warm at best.
    Yet on the other hand you describe the GAA hurling championship as the 'GAA champions cup' as a wind up.

It is almost as if you are the working class guy 'done good' who has to create a veneer for himself. And has a massive chip on his shoulder about things he does not like.

I mean I am not a fan of Jazz. But I would appreciate a high skill level and dedication to the art. Much as you should have the curtesy and manners to do with hurling. Otherwise you just end up sounding like a bit of an eejit and people would not take you seriously. It is as if you need to knock something to feel better about yourself. Sad way to be imo

It happens a lot on boards.ie the anti-rugby poster who uses phrases such as 'goys'. Or 'egg ball'. The anti soccer poster who goes on about the garrison game, seoinín's and so on. In my view it betrays an inadequacy my sport > than yours and so on.

People even do it within similar sports football v hurling, pool v snooker. It is always the people with chips on their shoulders.

• Advertisement

I think you're digging a little too much into a quip on the GAA cup, tbh, have a nice day :)

Isn't there a happy medium? Someone who likes one or the other but isn't a fan of the other without having to be tagged as self loathing?

Absolutely.

I like watching rugby sometimes but I don't really like listening to BOD and the other ex rugby players who seem to dominate the media when talking about it, I can't think of any rugby pundit I like, they just seem to bang on about the same tours and old matches over and over, especially on Newstalk. So I usually avoid all that and tune in at kick off, well as soon as Ireland's call ends as that makes my ears bleed. Does that make me a terrible person?

I like watching rugby sometimes but I don't really like listening to BOD and the other ex rugby players who seem to dominate the media when talking about it, I can't think of any rugby pundit I like, they just seem to bang on about the same tours and old matches over and over, especially on Newstalk. So I usually avoid all that and tune in at kick off, well as soon as Ireland's call ends as that makes my ears bleed. Does that make me a terrible person?

No. I fall in to the same category in relation to BOD and the OTB outside broadcasts on rugby, but I think it's how we communicate or share such a view. Saying it in passing is fine, it's relevant information in some conversations and topics but if we go out of our way to complain about something specifically, then we can't really complain if people get defensive.

Your original comment on the sound of Tommy Walsh's voice was probably such a comment. You don't have to like him, or the sport, but, when starting a conversation or a discussion in such a way, I think it's understandable that people would react.

No. I fall in to the same category in relation to BOD and the OTB outside broadcasts on rugby, but I think it's how we communicate or share such a view. Saying it in passing is fine, it's relevant information in some conversations and topics but if we go out of our way to complain about something specifically, then we can't really complain if people get defensive.

Your original comment on the sound of Tommy Walsh's voice was probably such a comment. You don't have to like him, or the sport, but, when starting a conversation or a discussion in such a way, I think it's understandable that people would react.

What he said.

I think your comments were intended to antagonise but not sure you thought through how exposed you would leave yourself.

Anyway, nothing to get excited about. We all have different likes and interests.

Spent many a night in Dalymount as a neutral, just enjoying my fix of live football.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I like BOD when he's doing his weekly review. The weekly review slot I think is fairly good in fairness too. Toland, Wood, and BOD work well together and then there's Andy Dunne as well.

The roadshows have run their course for me at this stage. They've become a bit tired with a lot of the same people on them.

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I like BOD when he's doing his weekly review. The weekly review slot I think is fairly good in fairness too. Toland, Wood, and BOD work well together and then there's Andy Dunne as well.

The roadshows have run their course for me at this stage. They've become a bit tired with a lot of the same people on them.

And the same laddish stories which I just find boring at this stage.
    I do like that Australian guy they have on, I haven't heard him in a while, he was on the panel for the WC in 2019 on TV3, even just for his accent alone, it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Very few rugby players that retire and go straight into punditry or media become an instant hit. They are still way to close to many involved to be in any way critical. A prime example was Rob Kearney on Virgin Media 2 weeks ago for the France game. He was petrified of saying anything negative and as a result effected his analysis.

Same goes for BOD, who is still clearly good mates with Sexton, and will very rarely say a bad word.

Another poster mentioned they only seem to talk about the same thing. I would tend to agree but it can be difficult not to when there is only 5 professional teams on the island to discuss. It definitely doesn’t help that they have the same person in Alan Quinlan talking about them twice a week. One voice on a smallish subject matter twice a week is overkill imo. The lack of coverage of the other nations and Southern Hemisphere could be improved. Often the Matt Williams and ROG pieces are the best as that’s when the subject can branch out from the repetitive discussion of Munster’s style of play or the lack of dogs in the Irish team.

CatFromHue wrote: »

I really liked and respect Brian for his rugby talent, I've always just found his analysis to be too inclined to find a positive spin on something and to go with that. I'm somewhat indifferent to Toland and Wood and find Alan Quinlan entertaining but not specifically insightful either.
    Much rather Ronan O'Gara's analysis since he retired.
    And the same laddish stories which I just find boring at this stage.
    I do like that Australian guy they have on, I haven't heard him in a while, he was on the panel for the WC in 2019 on TV3, even just for his accent alone, it's hilarious.

Matt Williams, I enjoy him also.

Anyone any thoughts on David Meyler as a pundit? I've listened to him plenty of times now and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but have come to the conclusion that he's all talk and no substance.

I can't recall any genuine bit of insight he has offered of late that has made me think or challenged my perceptions. He sounds the part at times and thinks highly of himself but to be honest on the discussion last night on the Ireland situation, Joe Molloy ran rings around him and called him out on a few things he said.

On the other hand, when I'm listening to Damien Delaney I nearly always learn something new and come away from the conversation with something to think about. Damien really knows and thinks about the game, and is brilliant at calling on his own experiences to support a point, and rarely just spots cliches for the sake of filling air time.

I dont mind meyler but the chat between him and the host last night about ireland went on forever and bored me to tears. Didn't have a solid opinion really. Wales said after the match Ireland always give you a hard game, and as Joe said, they would say that even if we're bloody awful.
    Maybe he's not long enough out of the squad to be a good pundit on the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Did ye hear Stephen Ward yesterday morning? Meyler didn’t offer much but he at least seemed to care. Stephen ward just continuously said “obviously” and “well that’s the manager’s decision”

Why do footballers love saying obviously so much? Robbie Keane just couldn't help himself with that word.

Why do footballers love saying obviously so much? Robbie Keane just couldn't help himself with that word.

I asked Robbie this when I met him at the donnycarney horse fair. His argument was that it’s got three syllables so obviously he thinks it’s a word that impresses people when they hear it.

Before you ask the above didn’t happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I dont mind meyler but the chat between him and the host last night about ireland went on forever and bored me to tears. Didn't have a solid opinion really. Wales said after the match Ireland always give you a hard game, and as Joe said, they would say that even if we're bloody awful.
    Maybe he's not long enough out of the squad to be a good pundit on the team.
    I don't mind him either but he is a bit on the fence. I always think the issue with pundits like that are they are not long retired so they are buddies with half the players they are commenting on so are slow to criticise or be objective. It's like the Man U lads on sky, Ole is never wrong. If I had my way no pundit would comment on a team/player they've played with but obviously that'll never happen.

Gary Breen was the closest to calling this from the off. The media, and a lot of fans who take their opinion from the media because they are weak minded, hyped up Kenny as the man to change Irish football’s mentality and bring us into modern football. Now we are discovering the realities of modern football. That our players aren’t at the level to create through passing while whitstanding the pressing game modern teams play.

Breen said that people seemed to think Kenny was going to come in with a magic wand and have our player do things they don’t do for their clubs or for Ireland. That the young players were going to be immediately at ease playing for Ireland when it’s becoming clear the young players for now are some of our weakest players in the team and will need 2 years and 20 caps before they start to blossom.

Kenny is probably an ok, bog standard manager, managing ok, bog standard players for a country with an ok, bog standard history as a football nation.

Kenny is probably an ok, bog standard manager, managing ok, bog standard players for a country with an ok, bog standard history as a football nation.

And that's just where we're at right now. Heading towards minnow status! None of these youngsters may amount to anything, they usually don't. I still can't bear to watch Big Sam or Neil Warnock come in and watch us hoofing the ball around for the rest of my life though, I don't mind SK being there for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Gary Breen was the closest to calling this from the off. The media, and a lot of fans who take their opinion from the media because they are weak minded, hyped up Kenny as the man to change Irish football’s mentality and bring us into modern football. Now we are discovering the realities of modern football. That our players aren’t at the level to create through passing while whitstanding the pressing game modern teams play.

Breen said that people seemed to think Kenny was going to come in with a magic wand and have our player do things they don’t do for their clubs or for Ireland. That the young players were going to be immediately at ease playing for Ireland when it’s becoming clear the young players for now are some of our weakest players in the team and will need 2 years and 20 caps before they start to blossom.

Didn't hear this, do you know if it is on a podcast? I take it, it was from a while ago.

Didn't hear this, do you know if it is on a podcast? I take it, it was from a while ago.

From a while ago. He didn’t say the thing about the young players, just the magic wand thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Mick McCarthy loyalist Gary Green? We'll colour me surprised!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

It wont be on a podcast as it didnt happen.

• Advertisement

Feenix wrote: »
    It wont be on a podcast as it didnt happen.

"I think you've got this dreamy notion Ger that as soon as Stephen Kenny comes in we're going to be expansive, playing through the thirds, peppering the goal.

"I hope that is true, but he doesn't have a CV to warrant thinking that with this group of players."

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/stephen-kenny-gary-breen-cv-926590

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

"I think you've got this dreamy notion Ger that as soon as Stephen Kenny comes in we're going to be expansive, playing through the thirds, peppering the goal.

"I hope that is true, but he doesn't have a CV to warrant thinking that with this group of players."

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/stephen-kenny-gary-breen-cv-926590
    I heard it at the time. He said nothing about young players being the weakest in years etc.

Feenix wrote: »
    I heard it at the time. He said nothing about young players being the weakest in years etc.

No one said the young players were the weakest in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭bike2wkr

Mick McCarthy loyalist Gary Green? We'll colour me surprised!!

Totally agree. Breen is completely on McCarthy side and negative about Kenny. Fact is Kenny is on alot less money than McCarthy. He's giving the job a good go. Bringing through young players. Would give him the world Cup campaign to see how he goes. Fai are skint anyways.

The problem isn’t with Kenny, Breen, Mick McCarthy or Charlie Haughey.

The problem is with those that allow themselves to be completely carried away because we have a new football manager and they pin their hopes on a flesh and blood human being to work wonders with bog standard players.

Good luck to Stephen Kenny. It’s only football. Ireland aren’t very good and the chances of him being able to change that were always slim despite what some folk in the media lead people to believe.

Personaly I've always been sceptical of the influence a national manager has on a team given the limited time to interact with them.

Not saying there should be no manager or just anyone would do but unless they're getting to try completely unrealistic tactics or picking players in absurd positions then how much influence do they really have?

Irish football should (I'm not the first to say this) focus on sustainable grass root structures to get people playing, get decent coaching, get those with potential on to a nationally managed coaching plan while still playing locally and in 2030, you're all of a sudden looking at a very promising U18 team with many having attracted interest from UK clubs and then the benefits come to the national team.

Easy said, very hard to do obviously.

Irish football should (I'm not the first to say this) focus on sustainable grass root structures to get people playing, get decent coaching, get those with potential on to a nationally managed coaching plan while still playing locally and in 2030, you're all of a sudden looking at a very promising U18 team with many having attracted interest from UK clubs and then the benefits come to the national team.

Easy said, very hard to do obviously.

Most of this is actually already in place, with the national player pathway, regionalised centres, restructuring of underage national leagues, coaching pathways etc. Slag off the FAI all we want, but they actually have a lot of good people working in Abbottstown and over the last few years they have got their house in order in this regard, and the fruits are being seen in some of our underage teams now.

The issue with the international manager, as I see it, is that the last few appointments, pre Kenny, have all been made in spite of all this work that is being done. The international team existed in isolation and they were high profile vanity appointments by Delaney, with Trap, Keane-O'Neill and Mick given the remit of qualifying for major tournaments and nothing else. They played a totally different style of football and there was no sense of a connection with the U21 or other underage teams.

This is why Kenny's appointment is important and why we need to stick with him and back what he is doing. He is moving us away from an era that delivered short term gains but for which there was no vision or plan for football overall in this county. Now we have a plan, and Kenny has been tasked with delivering it. In that sense, he has an opportunity to do so much more than anyone that has come before him in the recent past. That may simply be putting the caveman football of the last 30 years in the past but somebody has to do it and I have huge admiration for the bravery and determination with which he is doing it. It's a bigger picture than the quality of the current players and the results; somebody has to grasp the nettle and do what he is doing sooner rather than later. Time will tell if he is the right man for the job.

Most of this is actually already in place, with the national player pathway, regionalised centres, restructuring of underage national leagues, coaching pathways etc. Slag off the FAI all we want, but they actually have a lot of good people working in Abbottstown and over the last few years they have got their house in order in this regard, and the fruits are being seen in some of our underage teams now.

The issue with the international manager, as I see it, is that the last few appointments, pre Kenny, have all been made in spite of all this work that is being done. The international team existed in isolation and they were high profile vanity appointments by Delaney, with Trap, Keane-O'Neill and Mick given the remit of qualifying for major tournaments and nothing else. They played a totally different style of football and there was no sense of a connection with the U21 or other underage teams.

This is why Kenny's appointment is important and why we need to stick with him and back what he is doing. He is moving us away from an era that delivered short term gains but for which there was no vision or plan for football overall in this county. Now we have a plan, and Kenny has been tasked with delivering it. In that sense, he has an opportunity to do so much more than anyone that has come before him in the recent past. That may simply be putting the caveman football of the last 30 years in the past but somebody has to do it and I have huge admiration for the bravery and determination with which he is doing it. It's a bigger picture than the quality of the current players and the results; somebody has to grasp the nettle and do what he is doing sooner rather than later. Time will tell if he is the right man for the job.

That’s a beautiful soliloquy, most of which suggest you haven’t the slightest clue about football.

You are delusional If you think Ireland have been playing “caveman football” for 30 years, whatever the f*ck that is, is it some attempt to coin a phrase? hoofball maybe?

30 years we are playing a useless brand of football, “caveman”...utter tripe.

That’s a beautiful soliloquy, most of which suggest you haven’t the slightest clue about football.

You are delusional If you think Ireland have been playing “caveman football” for 30 years, whatever the f*ck that is, is it some attempt to coin a phrase? hoofball maybe?

Yeah I was going to like it until I read 'caveman football'.

Plus makes me laugh how some people think short passing is the answer.
    Wrong! Penetrative forward passing is the answer (long or short) causing danger to teams.
    Not tippy tappy sideways and backwards for the sake of it all the time = no threat. Like Georgia!

One of the best players in the world was involved in a Wales goal against Ireland which was not tippy tappy.

Direct ball in - Bale wins header flicked on and Brooks header goal. Simple and effective. There is not only one way of playing. As long it creates problems for opponents it is effective. No matter what the style.

• Advertisement

LOL.

When you're done being angry and mashing your fingers off the key pad and you want to debate or discuss anything I've said then let me know.

Yeah I was going to like it until I read 'caveman football'.

Plus makes me laugh how some people think short passing is the answer.
    Wrong! Penetrative forward passing is the answer (long or short) causing danger to teams.
    Not tippy tappy sideways and backwards for the sake of it all the time = no threat. Like Georgia!

One of the best players in the world was involved in a Wales goal against Ireland which was not tippy tappy.

Direct ball in - Bale wins header flicked on and Brooks header goal. Simple and effective. There is not only one way of playing. As long it creates problems for opponents it is effective. No matter what the style.

Have you let anyone else know that you've found the answer? It would be a shame to let it go unseen in this dark corner of the internet.

LOL.

When you're done being angry and mashing your fingers off the key pad and you want to debate or discuss anything I've said then let me know.

Trying to debate or discuss with me that 30 years of Irish football has been “caveman”, again whatever that means in your head but I’m assuming it’s the the hoofball term you were looking for. But no, I’d rather try and discuss the best kind of hull on a boat for turning with a flat earther, it would be a more worthy and insightful conversation.

Trying to debate or discuss with me that 30 years of Irish football has been “caveman”, again whatever that means in your head but I’m assuming it’s the the hoofball term you were looking for. But no, I’d rather try and discuss the best kind of hull on a boat for turning with a flat earther, it would be a more worthy and insightful conversation.

That was one word in a long post. Not sure why you are so hung up on it.

As a matter of interest, why are you so angry? I just have a different opinion to you on football, it's hardly something to be getting so hot and bothered over.

The ‘you’re very angry/anger’ response is a very tired old response. It’s as bad as the ‘woke’ stuff. If I stick a smiley face in will it convince you I’m happy ðŸ˜႒

Getting “hung up” on the very basis of your post that Irish football has been “caveman” is not getting “hung up”, it’s highlighting that you’ve said Irish football was something that it’s not, you haven’t a breeze. You made such an effort with that long winded load of shįte too. Better luck next time, here’s another one to show my calm happiness ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jim Leahy

you do sound angry

• Advertisement

The ‘you’re very angry/anger’ response is a very tired old response. It’s as bad as the ‘woke’ stuff. If I stick a smiley face in will it convince you I’m happy ðŸ˜႒

Getting “hung up” on the very basis of your post that Irish football has been “caveman” is not getting “hung up”, it’s highlighting that you’ve said Irish football was something that it’s not, you haven’t a breeze. You made such an effort with that long winded load of shįte too. Better luck next time, here’s another one to show my calm happiness ðŸ˜

We'll agree to disagree so. Pity you can't just have a civil debate without feeling the need to abuse someone. It's just football.

Jim Leahy wrote: »
    you do sound angry

I am Jim, not nearly as angry as Jim leahys fourth post and on to teacher forums moaning, how many times banned so far Jim?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jim Leahy

I am Jim, not nearly as angry as Jim leahys fourth post and on to teacher forums moaning, how many times banned so far Jim?

Very angry man

Have you let anyone else know that you've found the answer? It would be a shame to let it go unseen in this dark corner of the internet.

It is one thing seeing the obvious. But it takes a special man to have the charisma, talent, and organisational nous to implement it. It is why Jack Charlton was so successful. Kenny is not that type of man.

Then on top of this you have to have the players of the requisite footballing intelligence and ability, required to implement the managers vision.

Ireland has none of the above, so it looks like 10-15 years of waiting for something to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

Jim Leahy wrote: »
    Very angry man

I am angry Tony

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement